PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the most valueable new addition to the team this year?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which new player will be the most valueable this year?

• Randy Moss

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Adalius Thomas

Votes: 51 72.9%
  • Donte' Stallworth

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Brandon Meriweather

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Wes Welker

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Who do you think will turn out to have the most impact/be the most valueable player?

Last edited:
I think Welker will be very underated, and I also feel Stallworth will have a awesome season..

First off, congrats on the great post during this dry season. :)

Tough question, but I'm going to say Adalius. I think he will be the straw that stirs the drink in our defense. I think he will open up schemes similar to what Bush did for the NO offense.

If you watched NO games, Bush changed the entire complexion of the offense even when he wasn't involved in the plays.

I think Adalius will have the same impact on D. His presence will potentially elevate everyone else around him through his versatility (even if his contributions don't make the stat sheet).

To that end, I was also thinking of saying Meriweather. I think if he able to slide from S to CB with ease, he'll make everyone else in the secondary that much better.

Adalius Thomas, but all will contribute.

it hands down has to be Adalius Thomas. As we saw last post season, we could still score with Gaffney and Caldwell, but when push came to shove, it was the defense that could not hold serve (LB depth in particular).

i think Thomas. We did alright with our crap WRs..our problem was LB and safety..so Thomas with his pass rushing , coverage and speed will help us most

i think Thomas. We did alright with our crap WRs..our problem was LB and safety..so Thomas with his pass rushing , coverage and speed will help us most
Crap WRs? I think Reche & Gaffney are decent recievers, not crap.

AD was a huge addition. The guy is a monster and will instantly become the best LB on our team.

Im going to be slightly unfashionable and pick Randy Moss.

After re-watching a steady diet of '3 Games To Glory' over the last week or so, it became clear to me that our D has been greatly responsible for our recent success.

There were plenty of examples where we clearly out played teams for large percentages of the game, yet they were still hanging in there.

With addition of Moss (and Stallworth) I think it gives us a consistent quick strike ability on offense aswell as potent redzone weapons.

I really like the addition of AD and think he'll be an awesome asset this year, but BB has always managed to scheme his way round our intermittent shortcomings on defense (perennially injured DB corps for instance).

Im not one of those guys who is going to beat down on Gaffney/Caldwell - they did their best last year, but the credit for their improved performances goes to Tom Brady.

There is a reason these guys were available.

So, there, perhaps the one and only vote for Randy but I think he will be the guy who has the biggest impact on our offensive output this year, and therefore our ability to attack with our Defense.

Last edited:
Crap WRs? I think Reche & Gaffney are decent recievers, not crap.

AD was a huge addition. The guy is a monster and will instantly become the best LB on our team.

i didnt mean they are crap skills. i mean more of..compared to the players we added..they look like crap. especially reche

Moss-Stallworth-Welker

is 100x better than

Caldwell-Gaffney-Brown

Last edited:
It has to be Adalius Thomas. Our LBs ran out of gas in that Colts game. They could not shed blocks or cover down field.

Tough choice as AD offers versatility - but that's only if we have enough LBs to move around to allow him to be veratile - but I'm going with Stallworth.

Stallworth is more than just a deep threat - he's been used as a mid and even short range WR in his career. That will really keep defensive players guessing.

I think the D was top notch all season. The the injury to Seau definately taxed the LB corps and that, combined with some players who were taken ill and the amount of travel from the West Coast and back certainly wound up being an achiles heel in the Colts game - specifically as the game wore on.

But I think the lack of quality WRs - specifically a deep threat - had a significant negative impact ALL season even though we sometimes were able to cover up that weakness.

With a deep threat/quality WR last year I think we pick up a game or two and aren't travelling to San Diego and back. That alone could have been the difference in the Colts game.

And again - we saw the LB corps wear down for ONE game - it just happened to be against the Colts in the playoffs - and again, that after sickness and coast to coast round trip travel.

And even in that game, if the Offense can complete ONE MORE first down, they run out the clock, we win, and everyone forgets about a tired LB corps.

Yup - the lack of quality WRs were a major detriment last season and BB recognized it and did something about it - out of them all I look for Stallworth's versatility to be the most significant upgrade.

Last edited:
I voted for Moss because I think he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder this year. Get his ring. Get a big contract. Then go back to what he's been the last 3-5 yrs. Good, but not great. I'll say 71rec 1157yds and 13 td's. He'll get that elusive ring in February.

I think A.Thomas will be fine. He'll have a good year. But, a good year by a Patriot def. player doesn't equate into big, spectacular plays. What's BB tell them during the game. Just do your job. The rest will take care of itself.

I'll say 71rec 1157yds and 13 td's. He'll get that elusive ring in February.

Just curious... why only 1157 yards and not 1158?

Could you be a bit more specific with your predictions? ;)

I'm not knocking Moss but I think he's a one trick pony - go fast, go deep, catch the ball.

Stallworth can do that too - but he can do much more. Stallworth was still a major deep threat when he was averaging 14 ypc in New Orleans - its just that he could do much more than just go deep. I think Brady and Belichick are really going to like the fact that he's more than just a deep threat.

And I think Defenders are going to hate that!

I voted for AD. He's gonna be an impact player on this defense. And the hand wringing over the linebackers will finally end once we crush the Colts and Chargers. I'm glad we're facing the Chargers fairly early. They're getting way too ****y in SD even though they haven't won ANYTHING yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back