PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the Long Snapper on opening day?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will be the Long Snapper on opening day?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
BB on the long snapper position... today:

"More roster moves to come. When Belichick was asked about not having a dedicated long-snapper on the roster following the release of Danny Aiken, he cautioned not to read too much into it. "I know there are a lot of things that are potentially in transition with a number of spots on our team," Belichick said. "I'm not saying they will or won't change. I'm not sure. We're looking at different options and we'll just do the best we can to put it together the best way we feel like we can and we'll just go from there. There are a lot of things we need to see between now and I'd say next Wednesday. I wouldn't commit to anything one way or another."​

And Florio's take on the above.

And how Florio spins Belichick's statement: I"m desperate to keep my super-genius title so Im keeping Mallet.

With the return of football I had gotten bad about the promise I made to myself not to give them views. Time to renew that.
Thanks to Florio's ever present "cheekiness", PFT no longer has my attention.......Reiss and PatsFans.com...that's all I need.....everything funnels to these two sites anyways....keeping it simple....streamlined

"I know there are a lot of things that are potentially in transition with a number of spots on our team," Belichick said. "I'm not saying they will or won't change. I'm not sure. We're looking at different options and we'll just do the best we can to put it together the best way we feel like we can and we'll just go from there. There are a lot of things we need to see between now and I'd say next Wednesday. I wouldn't commit to anything one way or another."

Maybe the greatest piece of Beli-speak in recent years. Donald Rumsfeld would be proud of him.

Maybe the greatest piece of Beli-speak in recent years. Donald Rumsfeld would be proud of him.
Bill Clinton's "Definition of "is" "......pales in comparison to vintage "BB speak"

And Florio's take on the above.

And how Florio spins Belichick's statement: I"m desperate to keep my super-genius title so Im keeping Mallet.

With the return of football I had gotten bad about the promise I made to myself not to give them views. Time to renew that.

Always fun when media position themselves as superior. It's like Bob Ryan's column in the Globe today, I think it was about the mankins trade but it was kind of a rambling piece with a vague finish. Anyway, he resorted to that old trick of referring to Belichick as "arrogant" for making the trade. Lost me there.

Well, Mallett traded so I guess that's a wrap!

/thread.

Well, Mallett traded so I guess that's a wrap!

/thread.

Yup. 12 for Danny Aiken, 9 for A.N. Other and 3 for Rob Ninkovich. You know who you are.

Better be a LS. Ninko would be dumb. You don't **** around with longsnappers. A guy like Ninko could so easily get a hand injury. One bad snap can end your season.

"More roster moves to come. When Belichick was asked about not having a dedicated long-snapper on the roster following the release of Danny Aiken, he cautioned not to read too much into it. "I know there are a lot of things that are potentially in transition with a number of spots on our team," Belichick said. "I'm not saying they will or won't change. I'm not sure. We're looking at different options and we'll just do the best we can to put it together the best way we feel like we can and we'll just go from there. There are a lot of things we need to see between now and I'd say next Wednesday. I wouldn't commit to anything one way or another."

This is the interesting part as it is when you can put someone on short-term IR.

This is the interesting part as it is when you can put someone on short-term IR.

As I pointed out in another thread, there were close to 40 moves made in the first 2 weeks after the initial 53 man roster was set last year in 2013. I think we should expect moves in the next couple of weeks for sure.

A long snapper will obviously be added. My guess is that Aiken will come back.

Last edited:
Heard their gonna try out some new fish named "Red"...

red-snapper-fishing3.jpg

Tell me that's not Tara Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill