PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the inactives this week???

Status
Not open for further replies.
iam concered about our 3rd WR position than anything else. Collie and garson has stepped in nicely to help manning but we cant do with aiken all the time and tate is out

Stanbeck plugs in for Tate, returning kicks and taking snaps at WR.

Alexander is one of the team's best ST players..why would he sit?? My guess is that Arrington's non inactive status had to do with 1) Alexander's groin injury...that seemed to happen Sat/early Sunday as well as 2) the fact that they were looking for speed to counteract Ginn. That is not the case this week with the Colt returners and I would be surprised if EA is again inactive.

I'd be surprised if Alexander is ready to go full-speed if the injury was enough for him to miss the last game.

Arrington was excellent on ST's and he's another safety available on a day that will almost definitely feature a bunch of 6-DB sets.

Just a hunch, anyway.

I also think if Stanback is listed as a QB, he'll be the #2 so he can play WR/Trick formations.

I'm so disappointed* - here it is 12:23 EST, and I still haven't seen a who-made-the-trip post...

*half-kidding

I'd be surprised if Alexander is ready to go full-speed if the injury was enough for him to miss the last game.

Arrington was excellent on ST's and he's another safety available on a day that will almost definitely feature a bunch of 6-DB sets.

Just a hunch, anyway.

I also think if Stanback is listed as a QB, he'll be the #2 so he can play WR/Trick formations.
So you think Hoyer would be the Emergency QB?? That could be. Very well could be Arrington instead..but Stanback will be active. Reiss had it on the money that Stanback would be to the 53..and they waited till the last minute to do it.
EDIT...On second thought..I really doubt they would have Hoyer as the Emergency QB..as if for any reason he had to come in early pre 4th Q..Stanback could not play..I really doubt they would risk that.

Last edited:
Just a hunch, anyway.
THAT was a good call...I guess Alexander's groin injury is a bit worse than many thought...BUT WHO would have predicted Springs and Warren.??? Maybe Arrington was brought in as well for insurance in case Springs goes down..IRed?? He has had this knee problem off and on..and of course a BIG GAME and he's out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes