PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the first Head Coach fired this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a good choice because for the first time in a long time people not named Al Davis think the Raiders dont stink (not that i am one of them)
Mangini should be on the list.
John Fox.
Del Rio
Lovie Smith
Morris

there are a lot of candidates

I think John Fox and Jeff Fisher are at the top of the list.

Mike Singletary and Norv Turner are two I think could go early. Turner has certainly underachieved with the Bolts and another bad start might be just too much.

The 49ers are expecting big improvement this year and I am not sure it will happen. If it doesn't Singletary will be out the door quickly I think.

Singletary isn't going anywhere. My guess is Raheem Morris.

My best guess...Bill Belichick...the defense goes from break but don't bend to hurry up and score so we can give the ball back to Brady...Kraft says thanks for your service and the rebuild begins early.

My best guess...Bill Belichick...the defense goes from break but don't bend to hurry up and score so we can give the ball back to Brady...Kraft says thanks for your service and the rebuild begins early.

In the event this happens, the Jets will have to win the SB this year....

40 years of losses convince me otherwise....

How about Jim Caldwell. Manning hits the wall early and skills erode game-by-game yet his stubborness leads him to resist change and he continues to throw pick after pick and make bad decision after bad decision until the lockerroom finally (but quietly) loses complete faith in him. The team goes win-loss for a stretch and then everything breaks down and the Colts go on a 6 game losing streak and their record falls to 5-10 before game 16. Colts starters decide to play in the final game of the season to end on a 'high' but the team they are playing doesn't play it's starters yet the Colts get blown out 55-6. Manning throws 5 INTs and is pulled midway through the 3rd quarter. Curtis Painter throws 3 picks to end the game. The Colts finish 5-11. Manning finishes the season with a 48 QB rating and goes 18 TD for 35 INTs. The Media turns it's attention to the Colts who had signed Manning to a 7-year $220 million contract in October. Polian releases Manning 5 days after the 4th New England Patriots Super Bowl victory over the Green Bay Packers. Lockerroom turmoil and leadership breakdown leads to Polian firing coach Caldwell and his staff. Manning vowes to return to greatness signs with the 2-14 Buffalo Bills, only to be released on September 11, 2011 after a game 1 9/11 tribute loss to America's Team the New England Patriots. Manning throws 7 INTs on his first 6 passes in that game, his fourth pass is picked off by Wilhite who fumbles it back to Manning who proceeds to throw it right on the numbers of Nose Tackle Vince Wilfork for yet another pick. The next day Manning retires. The Colts go 0-16 for the next 3 years. Jim Irsay moves the team to Canada.

This post is 5 star worthy. Hilarious.

This post is 5 star worthy. Hilarious.

Agreed. I saved it for later reposting..... :D

Seriously, though. I expect the Tony Sparano experiment to end early this year after a 5-7 game losing streak. Miami is looking at a 3-13 or maybe 5-11 at best season, and it isn't going to be pretty at all down there. there is a very good reason why Parcells has bailed, taking a "consulting" job, because he, and anyone else who honestly looks at them can see the tsunami of losses coming. I honestly expect Buffalo to win more games than Miami this year.

These are my finalists:

ManJudas
Del Rio
Cable
Lovie
Morris

And the Winner/Loser is:

Lovie Smith. The Bears' talent base has deteriorated, and Lovie's not a good enough HC to compensate for it.

I'm not certain who gets fired, but after the JETS go 0-4 to start the season, I can well see T-Rex dropping dead on the sideline from an apoplectic fit. :eek:

Or binge-eating himself into a diabetic coma through stress.

He won't get fired for going 0-4, but he will get fired when he tells tanny that the jests have just been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and tanny believes him.

Dear, rex- fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life.

I think John Fox and Jeff Fisher are at the top of the list.

Fisher isn't going anywhere, he'll retire before he is fired by them.

Fisher isn't going anywhere, he'll retire before he is fired by them.

Yup. No Kidding. He must have some sort of paper or pics on the Titans front office to keep him around so long. He's good, I give him that, but his teams play dirty, and there's no excuse for that.

My vote is for Lovie Smith. He almost lost his job last season, and if things turn out bad this season, he could be gone before the season's done.

Speaking of Karma, I can't wait for Pom Pom Pete to get axed. Hate that guy. Sets off a bomb at USC and then runs away just before it explodes. *******.

BB and his three rings are safe He is probably the ONLY coach in the league who could go 0-16 in 2010 and still be the head coach in 2011.

Speaking of Karma, I can't wait for Pom Pom Pete to get axed. Hate that guy. Sets off a bomb at USC and then runs away just before it explodes. *******.

I agree. That was a terrible thing, and he has refused to man up about it. He more or less also refused to take any of the blame when he took over New England and he and Bobby Grier nearly destroyed this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back