Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who were you originally supporting???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Now that we've picked our nominees, I was thinking back to the beginning of the primary season, and who I was supporting.

Shout out your horse you were riding about a year or so ago! I knew my guys wouldn't win, but......

Mine?

Gravel

and

Ron Paul
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Same here...not in that order
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Fred Thompson--because I actually thought he had a chance, before I figured out he didn't really want it AND the media wanted McCain.

Ron Paul, because being here in NH I got to see first hand how many Paul supporters there were (and are) and how badly he was treated.

Plus he had an airplane flying over Concord NH on primary day pulling the Paul for Prez sign...that was just cool...you don't see that kind of stuff anymore. Reminded me kind of the old whistle stop train campaigning.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Kucinich, but I knew he never had a chance. Of those who had a chance, I was torn between Clinton and Obama, before deciding to back Obama.
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think you've said before, but what actually made up your mind?
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Thompson, but I still can't figure out what he did, he announced he was running then I never saw him again until last week when I watched one of his old movies.

I have to say, I am a Neo Con but I prefer Ron Paul to Mccain, I probably won't vote but if I do I will vote for Mccain I don't want to but I could never vote for Obama, he talks and talks and talks and says NOTHING.

I could vote for Ron Paul.
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What about Bob Barr, Harry?
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

I liked Thompson more than anyone else. No one really stood out though.
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Obama's campaign. Bush's victory proved to me that the campaign is more important than the candidate. (But, I do think that Obama is an excellent candidate.)
  10. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah I'm with you, I was not excited by any of them. They all, D and R, had their flaws. And I know that no candidate will be perfect (unless it's the media referring to Obama), but I just wasn't thrilled by any on either side.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Have yet to see anyone who really distinguished themself, and did not represent another four years of status quo.. Despite what they say, they are basically all panderers and whores.
  12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

Early on I "liked" lots of candidates and supported Hillary Clinton. My reason was that I thought a quick "slam dunk" that was over by Super TUesday would be best for the Dems.

:) How ironic.

I thought Obama was mildly interesting until his speech on race. At that point, it became clear he was making children of not only Hillary, but other candidate who have campaigned in the "business as usual" vein up to this point.

I have to say I ditched Hillary because Obama was a grownup, and expects us to be grownups, which is a novelty in American politics.
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat.

Not wild about any of the choices now, but will defensivly vote McCain.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

I went looking around on this guy Barr, I might even write his name in, just on this one issue alone, the public school system in the big city's of America sre disgraceful, they are "Human Zoos", if I was raising kids today in Boston, NYC, Detroit etc I'd move to Nova Scotia.

From Barr's Website:

America’s public educational monopoly is not working. “The failure to adequately educate our children to compete in the international marketplace and to be good citizens in a free society is truly scandalous,” says Barr. “The answers will not come from Washington. Instead, they will come from families across America as they educate their own children, put their children into private schools, and improve the public system,” Barr adds. We expect choice and competition throughout the economy. “It’s time to apply those same principles to education,” he insists.

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/press/press-releases/34/give-parents-a-choice-in-education-says-bob-barr/
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I too fell into the Fred Thompson trap....

just looking for something different....

Then he spoke, and it was over. Talk about a guy who NEEDS a script!
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Actually that's part of the problem with Fred. He can talk brilliantly without a script, or he can be one of the worst speakers ever. It's bizarre.
  17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Having Libertarian leanings, I like/liked Paul a lot. But of candidates who actually had a chance I liked Romney; that's who I voted for in the Primary.
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

disagree....

have you seen Die Hard 2?

I would hire Fred to run the air traffic control tower in a second. He cut through the BS, gave Sippowitz his room to work, listened to John MacLean... and had a real hand in stopping a renegade army special unit working with a terrorist faction looking to spring a dictator free that was being brought to the US for extradidtion on Christmas day.
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I've actually seen him give an off the cuff speech that was brilliant. He just didn't want it enough.
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

I won't vote for either of the remaining two. 2004 was the time I'll ever vote against someone, as opposed to voting for. If Obama wins, then so be it. I wonder if that won't be the best scenario in the long run. Sometimes you have to take a step back, before you can move forward. We've been moving backward for a while now, so what's another 4 years in that direction? I don't think McCain is going to be someone who leads us out of the woods, so what's the sense in voting for him? I kinda look at it as a if the country were a sports franchise. Do you make a lateral move that might get you a few more wins right now, but not do much you change things for you long term, or do you simply tank it, and wait for the blue chip lottery prospect, that might, or might not come? That's how I see it at this point. I think Obama, with a dem rubber stamp, could be the tank it path. I think McCain is a likely lateral move that might get you a couple more wins if you're lucky. Niether guy looks like the Celtics aquiring KG & Ray Allen in the offseason. Maybe that comes in 4 years. I hope anyway.

Before the supporters of either candidate gets upset, I've been wrong before. I could be wrong about both right now.