PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who was your favorite team if any BEFORE you became a Patriots fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Stories Pats Fans.

I grew up in NJ. But for some reason, always hated NY, NJ sports teams and their fans. When I was very young, 2 or 3, a football game was on the television. Everyone in the house was rooting for the team in Blue and White, except my mom, she wanted the team in Black and Gold because she hated the Blue and White team. She was a real fan of the Purple team, but since they weren't playing, and she liked the young QB on the Black team, she pulled for them and so did I. The Steelers Beat the Cowboys and my life has never been the same. I thank god that the Cowboys didn't win that game, cause I love to hate them.

Have never had another favorite team. All my years of painful devotion started paying off when Parcells & Bledsoe came to town and then really took off when BB and Brady arrived. Go Pats!!!

my aunty already made me a yankee and knicks fan when i visited her whilst i was young, she failed in making me a giants fan, instead i became a patriots fan and have never looked back, till now :bricks:

The New York Football Giants (as they were known back then because there existed a New York baseball club with that name) may have been the closest team geographically, but pointing that fact out ignores the intense regional rivalry between NY and Boston that includes, but also goes beyond, the athletic teams. To me, New York was the enemy, and I was never going to root for a team from that city. Close proximity is not a reason for favoring something if you are not a part of that organization, team, state, country, etc. Ask the Irish about the English or the French about the Germans.

I mentioned Invasion of the Body Snatchers, because so many of my boyhood friends who hated the Yankees, Knicks, and Rangers ended up rooting for the NYFGs, as if some force had taken them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back