PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who was this week's Most Awesome Patriot(s)?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who was this week's Most Awesome Patriot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, how could it not be Randy Moss?

Moss! If you take any of the other selections, give them no pre season warm up games and only 5 days of practice, IMO the odds are very slim they would have played at the same level Moss was at today. It was as if he stepped right off the Vikings and onto the Pats. ...remarkable!

Without the OL, most of the rest wouldn't have happened

Without the OL, most of the rest wouldn't have happened

There is no other reciever on the Pats that could run that deep slant towards the endzone, burst through three defenders and get to the exact spot Brady threw the ball to. His routes were virtually perfect and his athleticism was amazing. Even if the OL gave Brady 60 seconds, who else could've done that? Also consider that this was his first game as a Patriot, and with Brady, and with the playbook!

BTW, isn't this a great discussion to be able to have? :D

It is unthinkable that Jarvis Green isn't listed among the options. He stepped in for arguably the Pats' best player and came up huge with two devastating sacks. I hate to see anyone get hurt, but Green just crushed Pennington on that second sack.

I had a tough choice b/w Moss and the OL, and went with Moss just because.

It is unthinkable that Jarvis Green isn't listed among the options. He stepped in for arguably the Pats' best player and came up huge with two devastating sacks. I hate to see anyone get hurt, but Green just crushed Pennington on that second sack.
I agree. That sack was BRUTAL!

pretty hard to argue with the longest kickoff return in NFL history, a 140+ Pass Rating and Moss' day, but I'm going with the O-Line. As some pundit observed, it looked like Brady was going to start having pigeons land on him he stood there so long...

The Oline had so much help that I decided against them, or even Brady.
There were many times with only a couple receiving options, and in the case of the long TD, Moss was the only player out in a pattern. Went with Moss, and I'm as surprised as anyone to be picking him.

I predict Randy Moss gets named as the Offensive Player of the Week in the NFL. If so, he deserves the award for the Patriots as well. Admittedly, the offensive line had their best pass-blocking day that I've ever seen.

All of the above, but I have to pick Moss because we had the same O-line last year but Brady had a mediocre (for him) year because he didn't have a top WR to throw to.

Part of the offensive line's dominance was the Jets' scheme of keeping guys back in coverage. The Chargers should give it more of a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back