PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

who was the worst Pats 1st round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about Phil Olsen, but I believe we have a winner!
Dennis Byrd, Phil Olsen very good choices and would like to add Ron Sellers and Hart Lee Dykes.
The most frustrating was Sim, seems like every time he would start to preform like a 1st over all pick he'd get injured.

Ken Sims. as someone in another thread mentioned, he was a solid run stuffer, but you don't draft run stuffing DE with the first pick.

He's the undisputed champ - retire the trophy. #1 overall pick, and he was a stiff. Remember when they called him "Game Day" because he was such a turd in practice, and he claimed he saved it for game day? He wasn't much better on Sundays.

Jack Concannon of Boston College in the days the AFL competed

against the NFL for players. Billy Sullivan made a trade to obtain

the first pick in the AFL draft. He said that it was to obtain Jack for

the Boston fans. Trouble is Jack signed with the Eagles instead and

the Sullivans had egg all over their faces.

Kenneth Sims was the first pick in the draft also and did not have a great career elsewhere.

Sims was very disappointing. He did figure it out at one point but injuries cut his career short.

Partially to add some controversy....

Although he went on to have a great career elsewhere Jim Plunkett's 5 years in New England were pretty bad and he was the first pick in the draft.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players.nsf/ID/05210109

When Plunkett came here there was no talent around him the org was a zoo, you can't him by the stats. He took a beating. He was to us in his time what Bledsoe was, in the 90's. At least the FO started putting talent around Bledsoe, the FO was a joke whne Plunkett was here, you have no idea.

Dennis Byrd. After he was drafted #1 he should up at camp totally out of shape.
never did anything but collect pay. the coaches could not believe how bad he was. he was so much slower than he looked.

Chris Canty was like a bad Duane Starks.

Chris Canty was atrocious. I know this guy isn't the worst, but Tebucky Jones made some of the dumbest plays at the safety position I have ever seen. And then there was that whole fiasco of playing him at corner. I know he conrtibuted to the SB36 team, but that was not a good pick.

....otherwise known as 'The Bobby Grier Era'...2nd rounders were even worse

Off the top of my head: Hart Less Dykes and Chris Can't He.

Gotta agreee with Canty and Dykes, #1 and #1a.

Gotta go with Ken Dims #1 pick of the entire draft and a stiff.

Laurence Maroney.....

It should have been... the one

the only

The best there is.... the best there was, the best there ever will be.

LeKevin "the widowmaker" Smith

your an idiot...

Andy Katzenmoyer. At least Chung played a few years and gave us something. Katzenmoyer was a complete waste of a pick.

ugh
dont remind me
jus reminds me how much i yelled and screamed and said we should have taken jon jansen

anyone here think our rt spot would still be a revolving door if they had taken my advice

Dennis Byrd

Beat me. Did you know that our next pick Holovak's chief scout recommended a WR that was dead?

From an archived McDonough column I can't link.

Dennis Byrd. After he was drafted #1 he should up at camp totally out of shape.
never did anything but collect pay. the coaches could not believe how bad he was. he was so much slower than he looked.

According to McDonough, he was in the hospital having his knee operated on when they drafted him.

Lack of information there.

i will join 'Chris Canty' ''team''

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes