PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who was that guy? (a forum question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I started reading this forum in 2004 but took some time off from it and didn't get really into it until 7 or 8 months ago. I remember way back when there was this really obnoxious poster... his name was something like "bsolomon" or "bsamoan". He criticized the play calling and generally seemed like a schmuck.

What was the deal with him? I presume he was kicked off the forum. Can I ask why?

Just bored and curious.

bsamson was his name. I think it was some type of experiment or something.

Oh, and the person criticizing the play calling, that would be NEM.

Willie55 said:
bsamson was his name. I think it was some type of experiment or something.

Oh, and the person criticizing the play calling, that would be NEM.
Thanks, that's right.

Funny thing, when I came back to the forum I thought that NEM was bsamson. Then I realized that he was quite as obnoxious as that other poster I remembered.

I still miss BSam. He was always good for a post that either made me laugh my arse off, or angry enough to pull my hair out. :D

NEM said:
EXCUSE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?????
Sorry, typo. I meant to say "NOT quite as obnoxious".

Bsamson was special because his angry pronouncements were often on matters of fact, and verifiably false. When the factual errors were pointed out he would quickly change the subject to another angry, false pronouncement. And he was no troll, he was perfectly sincere. I kind of miss him. Kind of.

(NEM, in contrast, tends to base his ire on hypotheticals. E.g. "David Terrell would have done great things here if the coaching staff had only given him a chance." Or "If NEM had been the offensive coordinator, the Patriots would be working on a sixth straight title.")

NEMMY is a ****ycat compared to Bsamson. :D

mikey said:
NEMMY is a ****ycat compared to Bsamson. :D

For a long time I thought BSam HAD to be an alternate alias of yours. And Patchick is right, the guy was totally sincere... which made it all the more frustrating/funnier.

Bsampson was an interesting poster, but when he realized that he would actually have to back up his rants, he left.

The best protagonist (other than NEM) was Soothsayer who was a Jets fan and I think the owner of the JetsInsider or JetsConfidential message board.

He was dead wrong about the Jets and Pats, but he had moxie and certainly stuck around to support his claims. There were actually a lot of jet fans here for a while because of him. I don't really miss the mboard wars though.

Since I have brought up Soothsayer, anyone who remember him will probably enjoy this skit I made up way back then, when someone else on the board proposed sticking Nem and him on a rocket and launching them...

Ground Control (GC): Lift off in 5..4..3..2..1........
{The rocket thunders upward. The two astronauts brace themselves as the full impact of the G forces momentarily quiets them. As the rocket begins to level and the air thins, they are able to speak again...}

NEM: What the hell did he just say, my hearing aid has a short in it.

SoothSayer (SS): He said the Pats are flukes, he's a Raider fan, and he only put enough oxygen in the life support system of one of us.

NEM: Well, seeing how I have been a rocket scientist for 33 years and.. . Well, in fact, I was an integral member of the team that designed the radio/cassette player for the Apollo mission. I don't mean to drop names, but you ever heard of Butch Songin, or Rommie Loudd? Yeah, I worked for them. I was a mentor for the Astronaut pilot that was supposed to fly Apollo... a guy named Nate "Crash" Craddock (you remember him)... he ended up going mental a week before liftoff. Kept saying he heard voices in his head all the time. He got really upset whenever he heard my voice...I'm not sure why...

SS: I've already heard this story ten times Nemnuts. Try getting some new material, you Tool.

NEM: Hey look, I am more of a rocket scientist than you will ever be. I care more about rockets than anyone else in the world, but I suppose your limited intellect couldn't possible fathom the importance of that kind of devotion.

SS: You have a tiny johnson don't you? They say guys with tiny johnson's try to compensate for it. Maybe you played with it too much... that could explain your hearing.

NEM: I ain't kidden around any longer... you started this crap you little twerp, you better be able to BACK up your words or get the hell out of hear....

SS: Um, NEM, we're in a rocket you jack *****...

NEM: You're a coward... a yellow bellied coward...

SS: Oh yeah, old fart...

NEM: Yeah fat boy...

{struggle ensues..... something gets hit.... alarms sound... the rocket's flight path becomes uncontrolled}

SS: Nice job you Galactic Dweeb, now you've done it! I knew I should have BANNED you from this mission.

NEM: It's wasn't me. It was that damn Launch Coordinator, Charlie Weiss! He isn't fit to fly a paper airplane, let alone coordinate a rocket launch. He's the worst LC in NASA.

SS: You kicked the computer unit you ***dart...

NEM: I respect your opinion, but your theory is all wet. Charlie should have known to make it kick proof, what kind of Launch Coordinator puts his team in position to lose like this? No imagination! I'll bet the President was in on this too. Who do you think had JFK junior's plane 'malfunction'? ...Paul Wellstone too... you didn't really think THAT was an accident? Some day, when you grow up, you will be able to comprehend all this...

SS: Grow up? We're about to crash Zipper Head!

NEM: I hate you Charlie Weiss!

SS: Are those you're last words? Pathetic! I know you are a senile old fart, but even you can do better than that...

NEM: Have a nice day! {Nem yells sarcastically}

SS: J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! ... Patsies blow... Eat my shorts!

{The rocket slams into the ground with a thunderous boom and a fantastic explosion}

Ground Control (GC): Houston... we have a problem. Notify the Launch Coordinator at once.

{The Launch Coordinator, Charlie Weiss, leans back in his leather chair looking out the window at the fiery aftermath of the crash. "Got any more letters for me Smart Guy?" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...}

Last edited:
I do not miss his ubiquity, that's for sure.

I think he, PatSummerallofthe80s, xtreme3045 and Mikey occupy the top four slots on my Slimy Troll Hall of Fame ballot.

Last edited:
The guy I enjoyed arguing with is LeftyLarry. He was in here about 3 years ago bragging about drafting DRob and talking up every Jets' jag there is:

"John McGraw is up to 210 lbs and now runs a 4.35 40"....
"Bryan Thomas was injured as a rookie and dropped to 245. Now he's up to 270 and runs a faster short shuttle than most LBs"...
"We don't need Laverneus Coles, Curtis Conway will be 90% as good as Coles with a real QB like Pennington."...
"Lamont Jordan is way better than Curtis Martin, he just needs to get the carries"
"Forget Richie Anderson, Jerald Sowell is the man. And he's bigger than Anderson by 20 lbs!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Lloyd_Christmas said:
Bsampson was an interesting poster, but when he realized that he would actually have to back up his rants, he left.

The best protagonist (other than NEM) was Soothsayer who was a Jets fan and I think the owner of the JetsInsider or JetsConfidential message board.

He was dead wrong about the Jets and Pats, but he had moxie and certainly stuck around to support his claims. There were actually a lot of jet fans here for a while because of him. I don't really miss the mboard wars though.

Since I have brought up Soothsayer, anyone who remember him will probably enjoy this skit I made up way back then, when someone else on the board proposed sticking Nem and him on a rocket and launching them...

Ground Control (GC): Lift off in 5..4..3..2..1........
{The rocket thunders upward. The two astronauts brace themselves as the full impact of the G forces momentarily quiets them. As the rocket begins to level and the air thins, they are able to speak again...}

NEM: What the hell did he just say, my hearing aid has a short in it.

SoothSayer (SS): He said the Pats are flukes, he's a Raider fan, and he only put enough oxygen in the life support system of one of us.

NEM: Well, seeing how I have been a rocket scientist for 33 years and.. . Well, in fact, I was an integral member of the team that designed the radio/cassette player for the Apollo mission. I don't mean to drop names, but you ever heard of Butch Songin, or Rommie Loudd? Yeah, I worked for them. I was a mentor for the Astronaut pilot that was supposed to fly Apollo... a guy named Nate "Crash" Craddock (you remember him)... he ended up going mental a week before liftoff. Kept saying he heard voices in his head all the time. He got really upset whenever he heard my voice...I'm not sure why...

SS: I've already heard this story ten times Nemnuts. Try getting some new material, you Tool.

NEM: Hey look, I am more of a rocket scientist than you will ever be. I care more about rockets than anyone else in the world, but I suppose your limited intellect couldn't possible fathom the importance of that kind of devotion.

SS: You have a tiny johnson don't you? They say guys with tiny johnson's try to compensate for it. Maybe you played with it too much... that could explain your hearing.

NEM: I ain't kidden around any longer... you started this crap you little twerp, you better be able to BACK up your words or get the hell out of hear....

SS: Um, NEM, we're in a rocket you jack *****...

NEM: You're a coward... a yellow bellied coward...

SS: Oh yeah, old fart...

NEM: Yeah fat boy...

{struggle ensues..... something gets hit.... alarms sound... the rocket's flight path becomes uncontrolled}

SS: Nice job you Galactic Dweeb, now you've done it! I knew I should have BANNED you from this mission.

NEM: It's wasn't me. It was that damn Launch Coordinator, Charlie Weiss! He isn't fit to fly a paper airplane, let alone coordinate a rocket launch. He's the worst LC in NASA.

SS: You kicked the computer unit you ***dart...

NEM: I respect your opinion, but your theory is all wet. Charlie should have known to make it kick proof, what kind of Launch Coordinator puts his team in position to lose like this? No imagination! I'll bet the President was in on this too. Who do you think had JFK junior's plane 'malfunction'? ...Paul Wellstone too... you didn't really think THAT was an accident? Some day, when you grow up, you will be able to comprehend all this...

SS: Grow up? We're about to crash Zipper Head!

NEM: I hate you Charlie Weiss!

SS: Are those you're last words? Pathetic! I know you are a senile old fart, but even you can do better than that...

NEM: Have a nice day! {Nem yells sarcastically}

SS: J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! ... Patsies blow... Eat my shorts!

{The rocket slams into the ground with a thunderous boom and a fantastic explosion}

Ground Control (GC): Houston... we have a problem. Notify the Launch Coordinator at once.

{The Launch Coordinator, Charlie Weiss, leans back in his leather chair looking out the window at the fiery aftermath of the crash. "Got any more letters for me Smart Guy?" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...}

:D . Love it, Lloyd!

bucky said:
The guy I enjoyed arguing with is LeftyLarry. He was in here about 3 years ago bragging about drafting DRob and talking up every Jets' jag there is:

"John McGraw is up to 210 lbs and now runs a 4.35 40"....
"Bryan Thomas was injured as a rookie and dropped to 245. Now he's up to 270 and runs a faster short shuttle than most LBs"...
"We don't need Laverneus Coles, Curtis Conway will be 90% as good as Coles with a real QB like Pennington."...
"Lamont Jordan is way better than Curtis Martin, he just needs to get the carries"
"Forget Richie Anderson, Jerald Sowell is the man. And he's bigger than Anderson by 20 lbs!"

Good One! I had forgotten about LeftyLarry.

Rides his bike to work to reduce greenhouse gas. Eats only organically grown food. I used to call him Larry Finklestein (from Darma and Greg).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down