PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Was Responsible For Letting Smith Get Out Of Bounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb6592

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
That was inexcuseable and was the final nail in the coffin.

As previously noted, this loss is unlike any other loss. All other terrible losses will fade with time and future successes, this one will only get worse with the passing of time and the realization that we will NEVER be in this position again.

Last edited:
we have to let go of the feelings of regret and instead let the experience take on a new meaning. time will dull the pain and we can look at this as a life lesson, somehow.

it's OK that what happened happened -- in fact it's God's plan for us. so in that sense we have to be OK with it.

we'll be OK. we'll never forget this, but it may not haunt our dreams and waking hours forever (the way it does now).

There was an illegal pick thrown on Merriweather on that play. Smith was Merriweather's responsibility. Unfortunately, Merriweather was reeling at midfield when Smith caught the ball.

we have to let go of the feelings of regret and instead let the experience take on a new meaning. time will dull the pain and we can look at this as a life lesson, somehow.

it's OK that what happened happened -- in fact it's God's plan for us. so in that sense we have to be OK with it.

we'll be OK. we'll never forget this, but it may not haunt our dreams and waking hours forever (the way it does now).

Wild Bill, that's almost prophetic

That was unexcuseable and was the final nail in the coffin.

As previously noted, this loss is unlike any other loss. All other terrible losses will fade with time and future successes, this one will only get worse with the passing of time and the realization that we will NEVER be in this position again.

There were a lot of things that happened in that 4th quarter that I look back and just wonder "wtf." How did all those things go against the Pats. But they game is over and we lost, and I think it's best not to dwell on these things

And we'll never be in this position again? Probably never a shot at 19-0, but who cares. I'll take a 13-7 team with a SB Ring any year. Sure it sucks we had a shot to shut up the Dolphins, but with the way people feel about the Patriots now, shutting up the rest of the NFL is just as good.

I believe it was Meriweather giving him a HUGE cushion in order to prevent the touchdown.

There was an illegal pick thrown on Merriweather on that play. Smith was Merriweather's responsibility. Unfortunately, Merriweather was reeling at midfield when Smith caught the ball.

Thanks, I haven't gone near a TV since Sunday to see what happened on that, or any other, play.

And we'll never be in this position again? Probably never a shot at 19-0, but who cares. I'll take a 13-7 team with a SB Ring any year. Sure it sucks we had a shot to shut up the Dolphins, but with the way people feel about the Patriots now, shutting up the rest of the NFL is just as good.

Agreed..............................but I hate those f-cking Dolphins so much!!!!

Last edited:
I believe it was Meriweather giving him a HUGE cushion in order to prevent the touchdown.

You're right, but he should have been playing him to stop the 1st down. I hat when defenses rely on hopes of time running out rather than just stopping them.

Meriweather was responsible, but collided into Samuel which let Smith go free.

Words of advice: let it go. we lost.

Last edited:
Well don't let me stop you but you guys are going to kill yourselves looking back like this. It is like a punch in the gut everytime one of these plays comes back. It's best to think of having won 3 SB, having had the first 16-0 regular season ever and the fact that we'll be bringing a strong, though undoubtedly somewhat different, team back for 2008.

Well don't let me stop you but you guys are going to kill yourselves looking back like this. It is like a punch in the gut everytime one of these plays comes back. It's best to think of having won 3 SB, having had the first 16-0 regular season ever and the fact that we'll be bringing a strong, though undoubtedly somewhat different, team back for 2008.

You're right...................but.....................if they HAD tackled him inbounds, I wonder how things would have played out......................

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey