PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Was Our Defense Missing in the AFCCG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If could ask BB what his worst loss was this would be it.They had
the Colts by the short hairs,the Pats knew it the Fans knew it
heck even Manning knew it and then when we started dropping
like flys.:mad:

It still baffles me why Dillon was unavailable or not utilized. Dillon said he was ready to go, but I'm doubtful.

Ty Warren was worn down pretty well too. That last Addai td was because of a worn down line, but I'm not sure if he or Wright was in.

The Pats are gonna be all over the Colts. winning by at least 14.

It still baffles me why Dillon was unavailable or not utilized. Dillon said he was ready to go, but I'm doubtful.

Ty Warren was worn down pretty well too. That last Addai td was because of a worn down line, but I'm not sure if he or Wright was in.

The Pats are gonna be all over the Colts. winning by at least 14.

Wright was OUT for that game, which only contributed to the wearing down part even more.

How does Dungy prepare for a team he has never played?

Without a doubt Colvin was the biggest loss in my mind. He was the one covering Dallas Clark in the first half. Thus he was the only LB with the speed to cover him.

Kevin Faulk was a having a great game up to the point he left the game. He was running effectively.

With the addition of AD I see us having a happy Sunday.

One thing I will always wonder about that game? Did the Pats players think the game was in the bag before they were taken out of the game? Would they have sucked it up and played through illness-injuries had they known the outcome of the game?

One thing I will always wonder about that game? Did the Pats players think the game was in the bag before they were taken out of the game? Would they have sucked it up and played through illness-injuries had they known the outcome of the game?

:confused:

They did "suck it up". When guys left the field it was because they were exhausted and dehydrated and had to go through a procedure that would leave most of us in a hospital bed for a day, only to go back out on the field.

Faulk had a serious knee injury. Seymour was playing DE with serious knee and elbow injuries.

NE didn't start taking guys out to save them for the next game. Guys came out because they couldn't physically play. Some couldn't even really walk.

This is why I am so confident that NE wins this game. Indy put their 32 points up on a team that, for all intents and purposes, was about as healthy as a team that just played a football doubleheader.

Unless I don't understand what you are asking, I think that you are pretty far off base with your thinking.

Without a doubt Colvin was the biggest loss in my mind. He was the one covering Dallas Clark in the first half. Thus he was the only LB with the speed to cover him.

Kevin Faulk was a having a great game up to the point he left the game. He was running effectively.

With the addition of AD I see us having a happy Sunday.

2nd half they had absolutely no pass rush.... manning was like how brady is now....had all day to throw.

i think they did suck it up...when you got no gas in the tank not much you can do. if you saw ty warren and brushi's face on the bench it looked like they were ready to pass out.

unfortunately BB thought a 100% Baker was better than half a starter

Ya, know, it's amazing how the Pats have persevered through their injuries. How do they do it? It's so heroic. Against all odds, the Pats keep on chugging.

I mean, gosh, how come the rest of the NFL is so lucky not to ever have injuries. You should bring that up at the next league meeting. Tell them you don't think it's fair that only the Pats ever have injured players.

I just feel so sorry for you Pats fans, what with always having to fight through that stuff. You'd probably win every game against every team every time if it wasn't for those darn injuries. It must be tough playing hurt all the time against teams that are always 100% injury free.

It's funny though, I've heard other teams, even my Colts have injuries and illness from time to time. Is there any truth to that? I mean, I thought only the Pats ever had to deal with missing players or hurt players?

If you have nothing to discuss except stupid trolling, then STFU. It's quite simple.

heh...Jack ***ley

Ya, know, it's amazing how the Pats have persevered through their injuries. How do they do it? It's so heroic. Against all odds, the Pats keep on chugging.

I mean, gosh, how come the rest of the NFL is so lucky not to ever have injuries. You should bring that up at the next league meeting. Tell them you don't think it's fair that only the Pats ever have injured players.

I just feel so sorry for you Pats fans, what with always having to fight through that stuff. You'd probably win every game against every team every time if it wasn't for those darn injuries. It must be tough playing hurt all the time against teams that are always 100% injury free.

It's funny though, I've heard other teams, even my Colts have injuries and illness from time to time. Is there any truth to that? I mean, I thought only the Pats ever had to deal with missing players or hurt players?

See, it's the players that make a team good. When the best players aren't playing, the team isn't as good. Your team was close to full strength last January, while half of our starting defense didn't play in the second half. We'll both be close to full strength this time...so sit back and behold the carnage. We will miss you.

Vrabel played OLB that game. Eric Alexander started at ILB in his spot and was picked on; Go look at the gamebook and you'll see Alexander lead the team with 10 tackles, but the play-by-play shows they're all of the "3rd-and-8: P.Manning to D.Clark for 12 yards (E.Alexander)" variety.

Colvin had a great first half, then got banged up and missed most of the 2nd half. TBC filled in and had a rough game.

Seymour started the game, but was already hobbled from the San Diego game and got dinged up the very first Colts' offensive snap. He played most of the game, but was a shell of his normal self.

As noted, Wilson and Harrison were out at safety. I believe Hawkins went down in the 2nd half (maybe it was Sanders - I forget), so Chad Scott saw some action at safety. Ray Mickens played quite a bit of nickel; I'd prefer Randall Gay myself.

Let's not forget what happened on offense...the top THREE running backs went down. Dillon, Maroney and Faulk were all out of the game by the 4th quarter, leaving Heath Evans to carry the load.

Regards,
Chris

Don't forget the biggest injury of all - Caldwell's hands.

Why not engage on a factual level via comparisons to illustrate your point rather than resorting to the lowest form of wit?

Chad jackson went out with an ACL on O also

Funny. No one even knew he got hurt because he only played 5 offense snaps in the first 2 playoff games.

The gamelog...

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/29191/IND_Gamebook.pdf

Also Mike Reiss' blog for that entire month...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/01/

Pats inactives for the day...

WR Bam Childress
WR Kelvin Kight
S Rodney Harrison
C/G Gene Mruczkowski
OT Wesley Britt
DL Le Kevin Smith
DL Marquise Hill
Vinny Testaverde -- 3rd quarterback

The only active player not to see the field was Ryan O'Callaghan. Mike Wright did indeed play.

Eugene Wilson and Junior Seau were obviously already on IR at that point.

Reiss' injury report for the game...

S Rodney Harrison (knee) -- doubtful
WR Troy Brown (flu) -- questionable
OT Ryan O'Callaghan (flu) -- questionable
DL Mike Wright (flu) -- questionable
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder) -- probable

Harrison is an upgrade, as he was listed as out last week. Doubtful is defined as at least a 75 percent chance he will not play.

Harrison, Brown, O'Callaghan and Wright were reported to have missed at least a portion of team drills.

Players no longer on the report include WR Bam Childress (ankle), FB Heath Evans (shin) and TE Benjamin Watson (knee), all of whom were questionable last week.

Also, CB Ellis Hobbs (wrist), DL Richard Seymour (elbow) and LB Mike Vrabel, all of whom were probable last week, are no longer on the injury report.

There is also talk throughout the blog of how the flu had spread throughout the lockerroom beyond those listed on the report.

Bellichik's quote on it...
"At this time of year, those things can always pop up and we have a couple of them this week," he said. "We'll see where things are on Sunday. Normally, that can turn around quickly, one way or the other, in 24 hours or so. So we'll just have to see how it plays itself out."

Guys that came out of the game due to injury... Seymour (later retuned, and left again), Spann, Colvin, Hawkins (replaced by Rashad Baker)

Because it gets reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal old hearing about the injuries you guys have. Every team has them. Every team.

Why is it Pats fan is always calling out other teams fans for whining, but you guys do it constantly?

Lord, I just read an article by one of you columnists and he mentioned how "warm" it was in the Dome last year as part of the reason your guys were so "exhausted" lol. Yeah, because the Colts were in their special plastic bubbles where it's always a perfect 70 degrees. What a joke. Too warm. I thought it we were playing football. I've heard teams blame loses on ice and snow but too "warm"? Ha.

We know where not to find you in about five days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes