Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Or whom.

Week 7 Games

Chargers (4-1) at Jets (3-3) 1:00PM ET,
Rooting against the Jets is pretty much an automatic. Plus we want the Chargers to win the AFCW denying the Raiders. With the tiebreaker over the Chargers not overally worried about losing in seeding.

Colts (0-6) at Saints (4-2) 8:20PM ET,
We have the Saints first round pick the more they lose the better for us. Secondary reason: Neither having Luck going to the Colts or even worse a health Peyton plus all the picks the Colts get for trading the first pick overall benifits NE.

Bears (3-3) at Buccaneers (4-2)
We want the Bucs to win the NFCS denying the Saints.

Broncos (1-4) at Dolphins (0-5) 1:00PM ET,
rare I root for an AFCE rival, but I would rather the Broncos get a high draft pick than the Fins.

Falcons (3-3) at Lions (5-1) 1:00PM
If the playoffs were held today the Saints would get wildcard spot, Falcons, Redskins and Bears represent the best chances to take that away from them.

Redskins (3-2) at Panthers (1-5) 1:00PM ET,
See above. Plus I would rather the top picks go the the NFC rather than the AFC, Carolina loss helps in that.

Seahawks (2-3) at Browns (2-3) 1:00PM ET,
Seahawks represent an outside chance at taking a wildcard spot from the Saints.

Texans (3-3) at Titans (3-2) 1:00PM ET,
Neither team are much of a threat to NE at this point for seedings but of the two the Titans are slightly more of a threat.

Chiefs (2-3) at Raiders (4-2) 4:05PM ET,
We have the Raiders second round pick

Steelers (4-2) at Cardinals (1-4)
Steelers represnt one of the more significant threats in the AFC. Rooting for a tough physically exhausting game.

Packers (6-0) at Vikings (1-5) 4:15PM ET,
Let the Vikings get one of the higher draft picks

Rams (0-5) at Cowboys (2-3) 4:15PM ET,
Keep the high draft picks in the NFC.

Ravens (4-1) at Jaguars (1-5) MNF 8:30PM ET,
Ravens represnt a bigger threat to NE for playoff seeding than Jax.

Byes: 49ers (5-1), Bengals (4-2), Bills (4-2), Eagles (2-4), Giants (4-2), Patriots (5-1)
Hopefully we will have a good bye week.

Note: this the the first time I have been able to find a NEP reason for rooting in each and every game being played during a given week.

Colts-Saints and Ravens-Jags ... two more awesome primetime games. Definitely not turning out the way the league and networks pictured it, I think.

Colts-Saints and Ravens-Jags ... two more awesome primetime games. Definitely not turning out the way the league and networks pictured it, I think.

They might start flexing games earlier next year because of things like this.

Gotta go with the Chargers.

I would pay big bucks just to watch Revis vs. Jackson

This is one on one Elite vs. Elite

Should be an awesome matchup

Bring on a Viking upset over Packers. Anyone but Packers in the Supe.

Texans (3-3) at Titans (3-2) 1:00PM ET,
Neither team are much of a threat to NE at this point for seedings but of the two the Titans are slightly more of a threat.

Totally disagree with this one. Have absolutely no fear of the Titans in the playoffs. Texans have the offense to win a shootout. Also, Titans have a lot of losses left on their schedule so I doubt a win in this game gets them to the playoffs. Texans (with a healthy Andre Johnson) could come close to running the table and challenge the Pats for a 1st round bye.

I would not bet the house that Ponder outdoes Rodgers in this game.

Rodgers and Brady are on a planet far,far and away from the other 30 starting QBs right now.

I would not bet the house that Ponder outdoes Rodgers in this game.

Rodgers and Brady are on a planet far,far and away from the other 30 starting QBs right now.

Rodgers is playing very very very well.

Plus with that defense he can take a chance every now and then, knowing the defense will bail him out.

Will the lack of a true running game come back to hurt the Packers?

That is one thing I don't include in my analysis as it is very very subjective, plus I go with the assumption that who ever is playing the best is going to win. So I will root for balance in the AFC to give NE the best seeding, hence why I go with Texans over Titans. And pick status, but not who I would rather face for a particular game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes