PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who to root for....week 7 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Patriots (4-1) at Chargers (2-4),

Steelers (4-1) at Dolphins (3-2) - mixed views on this one. Dolphins are a division rival. But I feel the Steelers are more of an obstacle for playoffs, bye, wildcard, etc.

Raiders (2-4) at Broncos (2-4) As much as I dislike Josh. Gotta root for improving the first round draft pick.

49ers (1-5) at Panthers (0-5) the second pick is looking good. And I want the 49ers picking before Oakland.

Vikings (2-3) at Packers (3-3) The third round pick plus I don't like Favre nor Moss.

Bengals (2-3) at Falcons (4-2) - At first I had the Falcons 'cause of NFC vs AFC, but changed it cause I am not really worried about the Bengals and I would like them to pick after Oakland.

Bills (0-5) at Ravens (4-2) - Again rooting for a division rival. Ravens are more of the threat, and the Bills are a serious risk to pick before both Oakland and Carolina.

Browns (1-5) at Saints (4-2) Sorely tempted to root against the rat, but I don't want them picking before Oakland.

Cardinals (3-2) at Seahawks (3-2) - yawn

Eagles (4-2) at Titans (4-2) -NFC vs AFC

Jaguars (3-3) at Chiefs (3-2), Matt is my third favorite QB (Hoyer is #2 cause of his laundry)

Rams (3-3) at Buccaneers (3-2), - yawn.

Redskins (3-3) at Bears (4-2) still bitter about '85

Giants (4-2) at Cowboys (1-4) - didn't think this would be a problem preseason but the Cowboys could pick before Oakland.

Byes: Colts (4-2), Jets (5-1), Lions (1-5), Texans (4-2)

Sounds good.

I would love to see Miami pull out a Win. I am with ya on all but the Vikes. I have a lot of family in MN plus I grew up watching them. So, despite the fact that I don't like Favre, I still root for them.

Patriots (4-1) at Chargers (2-4),

Steelers (4-1) at Dolphins (3-2) - mixed views on this one. Dolphins are a division rival. But I feel the Steelers are more of an obstacle for playoffs, bye, wildcard, etc.

Raiders (2-4) at Broncos (2-4) As much as I dislike Josh. Gotta root for improving the first round draft pick.

49ers (1-5) at Panthers (0-5) the second pick is looking good. And I want the 49ers picking before Oakland.

Vikings (2-3) at Packers (3-3) The third round pick plus I don't like Favre nor Moss.

Bengals (2-3) at Falcons (4-2) - At first I had the Falcons 'cause of NFC vs AFC, but changed it cause I am not really worried about the Bengals and I would like them to pick after Oakland.

Bills (0-5) at Ravens (4-2) - Again rooting for a division rival. Ravens are more of the threat, and the Bills are a serious risk to pick before both Oakland and Carolina.

Browns (1-5) at Saints (4-2) Sorely tempted to root against the rat, but I don't want them picking before Oakland.

Cardinals (3-2) at Seahawks (3-2) - yawn

Eagles (4-2) at Titans (4-2) -NFC vs AFC

Jaguars (3-3) at Chiefs (3-2), Matt is my third favorite QB (Hoyer is #2 cause of his laundry)

Rams (3-3) at Buccaneers (3-2), - yawn.

Redskins (3-3) at Bears (4-2) still bitter about '85

Giants (4-2) at Cowboys (1-4) - didn't think this would be a problem preseason but the Cowboys could pick before Oakland.

Byes: Colts (4-2), Jets (5-1), Lions (1-5), Texans (4-2)

Curious. Why do you hate Josh McDaniels? He co-ordinated the greatest offense in the history of NFL for us. Let down by OL in Super Bowl. Not him. Adjusted next season to help team go 11-5 with Matt Cassel. Leaves for a head coaching job. You didn't expect him to wait around for Belichick to retire did ya?

Curious. Why do you hate Josh McDaniels? He co-ordinated the greatest offense in the history of NFL for us. Let down by OL in Super Bowl. Not him. Adjusted next season to help team go 11-5 with Matt Cassel. Leaves for a head coaching job. You didn't expect him to wait around for Belichick to retire did ya?

I didn't say hate. I said dislike. I dislike McDanials. I hate Mangini. Big difference.

Is it because Josh is putting on a little weight this year?

Is it because Josh is putting on a little weight this year?

Hey now!! Maybe, Josh has a thing for Tebow(Sound affect Sportshub uses for Felger goes off) now.....hmmmmm

I like it!

I think I can discern some rules:

1a. Root for the Pats
1b. Root for the Pats
2. Root against division opponents with a better record
3. Root against teams that are giving the Pats a pick in rounds 1-2
4. Root for teams with a worse record than teams that are giving the Pats a pick in rounds 1-2
5. Root against conference opponents with a better record
6. Root against AFC teams
7. Root against teams you hate
8. Root for players you like

What do you think?

Good stuff, this is a go-to thread every week.

Chiefs are the only non-Patriot team in the NFL right now that I actively root for each week, guaranteed - unless they'd be playing NE, of course. They are basically NE 2.0.

With the Oakland pick - I'd like to know if there is a rookie pay scale before I root for that to go as low as possible. I don't know what pick it is now, but I'd say 8-10 seems perfect if there is no pay scale. Obviously, if there is, then nobody is going to turn down a top 5 pick.

I'd be rooting for the Steelers over Miami.

Good stuff, this is a go-to thread every week.

Chiefs are the only non-Patriot team in the NFL right now that I actively root for each week, guaranteed - unless they'd be playing NE, of course. They are basically NE 2.0.

With the Oakland pick - I'd like to know if there is a rookie pay scale before I root for that to go as low as possible. I don't know what pick it is now, but I'd say 8-10 seems perfect if there is no pay scale. Obviously, if there is, then nobody is going to turn down a top 5 pick.

Even if there is no rookie pay scale it is best for it to be as high as possible. If it is the number one pick. BB won't pick 1st, he will trade down. You can always trade down (might not get full value on the chart but you can trade down). (Board explodes as BB trades 1st pick overall for the 11th pick and a 2012 3rd round pick)

That Steelers - Dolphins game is a really tough one to pick. Normally I would be rooting against any other team within the division with any chance whatsoever of making the playoffs; i.e., rooting against Miami. Perhaps this is looking ahead too far and assuming too much, but a Steelers loss could indeed end up helping with playoff seedings. Another thing to consider is that with a win, Miami could expose weakness in Pittsburgh's game that has not been seen yet; something that the Pats and other NFL teams could take advantage of later this season.

That Steelers - Dolphins game is a really tough one to pick. Normally I would be rooting against any other team within the division with any chance whatsoever of making the playoffs; i.e., rooting against Miami. Perhaps this is looking ahead too far and assuming too much, but a Steelers loss could indeed end up helping with playoff seedings. Another thing to consider is that with a win, Miami could expose weakness in Pittsburgh's game that has not been seen yet; something that the Pats and other NFL teams could take advantage of later this season.

As in Belichick's words the NFL season is broken into parts

Your first goal is to win the division so in that regards you must hope for Pittsburgh to defeat the Dolphins

Besides that,you know that Pittsburgh will not lose to more than one AFC East team in all likelyhood, so let them win in Miami and feel overconfident when they play the Pats in a month.

I think it's more important to win the division than worry about the #1 seed. We get our own shot at Pittsburgh. If they beat us, we're not going to be seeded ahead of them anyway. I wrote Miami off after the Monday Night game. They surprised me with a win at GB. Assisted by boatload of injuries to Pack. I wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Jets in NY. Surprised. But, not shocked. Let's win the division first. If we do, I think we will get the 2 seed and a bye at minimum.

I just root for who I picked in my pool...and if it all works out the Pats will be 16-0 every year so they don't have to worry about other teams :D

gotta go with the Saints and Falcons. And maybe the Bears.

Rooting for the Chiefs to win is dumb.

A Chiefs win and a Patriots loss makes both teams 4-2, why would you ever want that? And even if the Patriots win, they would still remain just one game behind us.

You root for the Jaguars to win so you have another three loss team and the Patriots can further separate from some other teams.

Patriots (4-1) at Chargers (2-4) - Yeah

Steelers (4-1) at Dolphins (3-2) - Steelers the bigger threat, rather see them knocked down a peg

Raiders (2-4) at Broncos (2-4) - I like Josh, and I like our draft pick even more

49ers (1-5) at Panthers (0-5) - SF will win more games later, rather see the Panthers get into the win column to get themselves closer to Oakland

Vikings (2-3) at Packers (3-3) - Unless that diva Favrah is taken out, I have no reason to root for the Vikings for the rest of the season

Bengals (2-3) at Falcons (4-2) - Bengals will still finish with more wins than the Raiders when all is said and done, I'm rooting for Matty Ice

Bills (0-5) at Ravens (4-2) - They have no shot, but I'd like to see the Bills not pick ahead of Oakland, and the Ravens are an AFC threat

Browns (1-5) at Saints (4-2) - Can't do it. Can't root for Ratgini... I'll just take it as a consolation for the Pats draft chances if the Browns do win

Cardinals (3-2) at Seahawks (3-2) - Always liked Pete Carroll, he was just way in over his head as the Pats coach

Eagles (4-2) at Titans (4-2) - F*ck off dirty Titans

Jaguars (3-3) at Chiefs (3-2) - Patriots West

Rams (3-3) at Buccaneers (3-2) - I've got Danario Alexander on my fantasy team... that's really my only interest in this game

Redskins (3-3) at Bears (4-2) - Not a fan of Jay Cutler

Giants (4-2) at Cowboys (1-4) - I'll always hate the Giants for SB 42 (funeral garb prior, stomping antics after, and yeah they beat us too)

Rooting for the Chiefs to win is dumb.

A Chiefs win and a Patriots loss makes both teams 4-2, why would you ever want that? And even if the Patriots win, they would still remain just one game behind us.

You root for the Jaguars to win so you have another three loss team and the Patriots can further separate from some other teams.

I'm rooting for OAK's first rounder to be as high as possible. A Chiefs win lowers the chances of the Raiders making the playoffs, which would drop that pick to #21 at best. :eek:

Last edited:
good thin kabout the oakland pick so far is even tho they pulled out that game against san diego. all the teams we thought would be picking before them have started the season better and 3 or 4 teams equal with them or picking before them now you would think would be ending the seaosn better e.g dalas, san fran, detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes