TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Cowboys (2-2) at Patriots (4-1) 4:15PM ET
doesn't need to be explained.

Bills (4-1) at Giants (3-2) 1:00PM ET,
Pretty obvious too.

Dolphins (0-4) at Jets (2-3)
Two reasons: 1) while i am pretty sure the AFCE is now a race between NE and Bills, a fish win would completely end the Jets season. 2) I would rather not have Luck in our division, than means the Dolphins need to do bit better than they did in 2007.

Saints (4-1) at Buccaneers (3-2)
Our first round pick was looking might fine after the first game of the seaons, but it keeps dropping in value, maybe the Bucs can turn the tide.

Browns (2-2) at Raiders (3-2) 4:05PM ET,
we have the Raiders second round pick.

Eagles (1-4) at Redskins (3-1) 1:00PM ET,
The Eagles 7th round pick is looking better and better.

Panthers (1-4) at Falcons (2-3) 1:00PM
Would rather the Falcons than the Saints win the NFCS and would rather the
Panthers not the Fins or Colts get Luck.

Colts (0-5) at Bengals (3-2) 1:00PM ET,
Colts are sucking for Luck.

Rams (0-4) at Packers (5-0) 1:00PM ET
Rams would be a good place for Luck.

Jaguars (1-4) at Steelers (3-2) 1:00PM ET,
Jets have one of Jax's draft picks. The more Jax win the less valueable it is.

Vikings (1-4) at Bears (2-3) 8:20PM ET, buy tix
Vikings could suck for Luck. Better place than the AFC.

Texans (3-2) at Ravens (3-1)

Jets have a Texans draft pick. The more the Texans win the less it is worth for the Jets.

49ers (4-1) at Lions (5-0) 1:00PM ET,
only game that has no impact on NEP either in standings nor next years draft.

Byes: Broncos (1-4), Cardinals (1-4), Chargers (4-1), Chiefs (2-3), Seahawks (2-3), Titans (3-2)

Last edited:
Great stuff as always! I'm a little surprised that you're considering draft positioning so heavily but not giving any mention to playoff seeding vis a vis teams like Baltimore & Pittsburgh.

Re: For Whom to root week 6

"Vikings (1-4) at Bears (2-3) 8:20PM ET, buy tix
Vikings could suck for Luck. Better place than the AFC.
"

Then you should pick the BEARS not the Vikes to win here

Texans (3-2) at Ravens (3-1)
Jets have a Texans draft pick. The more the Texans win the less it is worth for the Jets.

I want the Ravens to lose. Don't want them to have a high playoff seed

Last edited:
Pretty good week of games. Rooting for the Giants and Colts in the same week just feels wrong, but that's the way it is this year.

Great stuff as always! I'm a little surprised that you're considering draft positioning so heavily but not giving any mention to playoff seeding vis a vis teams like Baltimore & Pittsburgh.

Draft postion this early in the season is fine by me u think later in the season after all the bye weeks thats when it'll matter more

I guess I could add seedings to the Pittsburg game, would be the same outcome.

As for Baltimore they have basically the same record Texans so both teams are close to being equal as threat for playoff seedings. But if we look from a seeding point of view we get the same result here as well.

i would like to point out that Carolina would NOT be drafting Luck, even if it did have the #1 spot, although not as clear, the same prob goes for the Rams...

i hope Luck ends up in minnessota, that would be awesome, b/c i think the kid is good....

Draft postion this early in the season is fine by me u think later in the season after all the bye weeks thats when it'll matter more

Interesting, I don't see it that way at all. If I'm looking at a team like Baltimore and I think they're likely to make the playoffs and be dangerous to the Patriots there, I want them to lose -- early and often. :)

Colts (0-5) at Bengals (3-2) 1:00PM ET,
Colts are sucking for Luck.
Unless Peyton is done, I think the tension from having Luck in there might be glorious. Also, they haven't made the bust for Luck in the HoF, so we'll have to wait and see how he turns out. Plus, maybe the colts trade that pick for 2-3 other first rounders and try again with another QB...that could give them some extreme power if the extra picks work out?

Admittedly, the kid looks like a winner, but time will tell. I say don't make picks based on another team drafting first :).

maybe the colts trade that pick for 2-3 other first rounders and try again with another QB...that could give them some extreme power if the extra picks work out?

Another reason for wanting the 1st pick out of the AFC.

I say don't make picks based on another team drafting first :).

My goal is to find a NEP reason to root in as many games as possible. Some times it is easy --like the Buffalo vs. Giants. Some times you got a scrape the bottom of the barrel for a reason.

I need to root against the Lions and Packers in every game they play... don't want to see either in the Supe and the more games they lose the harder their path to it will be.

Yeah, I'd rather the Ravens lose as many games as possible too

Rams (0-4) at Packers (5-0) 1:00PM ET
Rams would be a good place for Luck.

I seriously doubt that the Rams would select Luck given the huge contract Sam Bradford has, regardless of how poorly he might play this year.

I'd say the Rams, if only to knock a bit of wind out of the Packers sails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots