Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Or whom or whatever....As I once saw on a tee shirt,
"If your here to bug me, about my grammar gets lost"

Patriots (2-1) at Raiders (2-1) 4:15PM ET

of course. beyond the obvious we have the Raiders second round pick.

Bills (3-0) at Bengals (1-2) 1:00PM ET

For the first time ever, I have the Bills game and not the Jets, in the second spot. But they are in fact at this point the greater threat.

Jets (2-1) at Ravens (2-1) 8:20PM ET

Rooting against a hated division rival.

Dolphins (0-3) at Chargers (2-1) 4:15PM ET

Rounding out the division rivals. And even if you don't view the fish as a threat, we want anyone but the Raiders to win the AFCW, and the Chargers are the best shot at it.

Saints (2-1) at Jaguars (1-2) 1:00PM ET

We have the Saints first round pick.

Colts (0-3) at Buccaneers (2-1) MNF 8:30PM ET

Anyone but the Saints for the NFCS, Bucs give us the best shot.

Panthers (1-2) at Bears (1-2) 1:00PM ET

anyone but the saints

Falcons (1-2) at Seahawks (1-2) 4:05PM ET

ditto

Broncos (1-2) at Packers (3-0) 4:15PM ET

Anyone but the Raiders.

Vikings (0-3) at Chiefs (0-3) 1:00PM ET

Once again anyone but the Raiders. Granted there isn't much of a chance of the Chiefs winning the AFCW at this point, stranger things have happened.

49ers (2-1) at Eagles (1-2) 1:00PM ET

We have the Eagles 7th round pick.

Lions (3-0) at Cowboys (2-1) 1:00PM ET
Redskins (2-1) at Rams (0-3) 1:00PM ET
Giants (2-1) at Cardinals (1-2) 4:05PM ET

Okay this is really grasping for straws, but if you are looking for Patriot reason to root in these games....we don't want the Eagles to win their division and diminish the value of the 7th round pick.

Steelers (2-1) at Texans (2-1) 1:00PM ET
Titans (2-1) at Browns (2-1) 1:00PM ET

Only two games that don't impact NE at all.

Colts (0-3) at Buccaneers (2-1) MNF 8:30PM ET

Anyone but the Saints for the NFCS, Bucs give us the best shot.

On the flip side, I don't want to see the Colts win "Suck for Luck." :mad:

On the flip side, I don't want to see the Colts win "Suck for Luck." :mad:

Why are people afraid of a college QB? You think Peyton Manning would be thrilled that the Colts just brought in another QB on the worst team in the leauge?

Only difference: Would root for Dolphins over Chargers... because I am never sold that the Chargers wd not be dangerous in the playoffs.

I agree with the Raven over the Jets, but a loss for the Ravens might help us a lot in the big picture--at season's very end.

Only difference: Would root for Dolphins over Chargers... because I am never sold that the Chargers wd not be dangerous in the playoffs.

I agree with the Raven over the Jets, but a loss for the Ravens might help us a lot in the big picture--at season's very end.

I think the best thing we can hope for is a 0-0 tie after OT. :)

The Jets and Ravens game is intriguing ...Of course the Jets are a divisional opponent and a loss sets them back,but a Ravens win could hurt down the line in terms of HFA in the Wild Card or divisional game or maybe even if the Jets win the division and lose this game,maybe the Ravens and Patriots are tied for seed #6 and that could be a difference.

Still have to root for the Ravens though

Re: For Whom to root...week 4

Lions (3-0) at Cowboys (2-1) 1:00PM ET
Redskins (2-1) at Rams (0-3) 1:00PM ET
Giants (2-1) at Cardinals (1-2) 4:05PM ET

Lions, not cause they're the new darlings but because I can't stand the zombie like resurgence of Romo worship. Any time the self proclaimed America's Team looses is a good day for me. No, I'm NOT a jihadist, I just don't like the cows.

Hate the Skins and like the Lambs QB.

Love to see any NY team lose.

Well I am rooting for the Jets over the Ravens because in all honesty I think it will be more in our favor in the long run. 1. The Jets won't be on a 2 game losing streak coming into Foxboro 2. I think the Ravens are a bigger threat long term. The Pats have a brutal schedule this year..Its becoming more apparent early in the season.

Well I am rooting for the Jets over the Ravens because in all honesty I think it will be more in our favor in the long run. 1. The Jets won't be on a 2 game losing streak coming into Foxboro 2. I think the Ravens are a bigger threat long term. The Pats have a brutal schedule this year..Its becoming more apparent early in the season.

Good thinking

Besides, if we can't beat the Jets on our own to get into the playoffs and then get past them I really don't care about who else is there. If we DO get past the Jets, I do care.

Last edited:
Steelers (2-1) at Texans (2-1) 1:00PM ET

I can't wait to see this game, like stated, I can't decide who to root for though. Both of these teams could and probably will be there late in the season....so, I'm just gonna enjoy what should be a good game.

Edit: Maybe root for Pittsburgh because Houston seems to have an easier schedule?

Last edited:

I am having a hard time understanding this thinking.

First thing NE has to do is win the division. Jets are a barrier to that. Ravens only come into play if NE is battling them for seeding.

Second, having the Jets lose two away games than travel to NE for a third road game in a row could be a good thing. If the Jets go 2-3 and NE goes 4-1 the only thing standing in NE's way is the upstart Bills.

Agree with this ^^^^^

Well I am rooting for the Jets over the Ravens...

I think my head would explode if I did that.

I've just spent three days cheering for the Yankees to win, in order to help the Red Sox. Now if I cheered for the Jets... well, my wife would be suggesting in-patient psychiatric care for me, because my behavior would be beyond all bounds of normalcy.

Last edited:

Now if I cheered for the Jets... well, my wife would be suggesting in-patient psychiatric care for me, .

I rooted for the Jets once in my life. It was a miserable disappointing game which ended with a Brett Favre interception.

I would rather not do that again.

Imagine the chaos in Foxboro if both the Jets and Pats lose 2 in a row and the Bills go up 2 games in the division

Either the Pats or Jets will lose 3 in a row and fall back into serious trouble

I think ratings would go through the roof in an early 'desperation bowl' in week 5

It could happen...

Imagine the chaos in Foxboro if both the Jets and Pats lose 2 in a row and the Bills go up 2 games in the division

Either the Pats or Jets will lose 3 in a row and fall back into serious trouble

I think ratings would go through the roof in an early 'desperation bowl' in week 5

It could happen...

Jets are going to lose 3 in a row..not the pats

I rooted for the Jets once in my life. It was a miserable disappointing game which ended with a Brett Favre interception.

I would rather not do that again.

Yea that was a hard one to watch. Sucks the NFL flexed that game too so jets had nothin to play for. Not that they probably would of won anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots