Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Bills (6-9) at Patriots (12-3) 1:00PM ET

NE wins and they clinch #1 seed.

Steelers (11-4) at Browns (4-11) 1:00PM ET,
Ravens (11-4) at Bengals (9-6) 1:00PM ET,

NE clinches the #1 seed even with a loss if the Bengals and Browns win. Plus both those teams will be playoff teams, let them go into the playoffs on a losing streak. Plus we wan the Bengals to keep the Raiders out of the playoffs.

Chargers (7-8) at Raiders (8-7) 4:15PM ET,

We have the Raiders first round pick.

Chiefs (6-9) at Broncos (8-7) 4:15PM ET,

We want the Broncos to win the west.

Jets (8-7) at Dolphins (5-10) 1:00PM ET,

Just because its the Jets.

Panthers (6-9) at Saints (12-3) 1:00PM ET, buy tix

Best we can hope for is the Saints lose wildcard weekend.

49ers (12-3) at Rams (2-13) 1:00PM ET,

So we want the 49ers to win the #2 seed.

Titans (8-7) at Texans (10-5) 1:00PM ET,

Two reasons want the Texans to go into the playoffs cold. Titans could help keep the Raiders out of the wildcard.

Bears (7-8) at Vikings (3-12) 1:00PM ET, buy tix
Buccaneers (4-11) at Falcons (9-6) 1:00PM ET, buy tix
Colts (2-13) at Jaguars (4-11) 1:00PM ET, buy tix
Cowboys (8-7) at Giants (8-7) 1:00PM ET, buy tix
Lions (10-5) at Packers (14-1) 1:00PM ET
Redskins (5-10) at Eagles (7-8) 1:00PM ET, buy tix
Seahawks (7-8) at Cardinals (7-8) 4:15PM ET, buy tix

Rest of the games don't affect the NEP. But I am rooting for the colts to somehow mess up the #1 pick.

It would be wild to see the Ravens drop all the way from No. 2 seed to wildcard with a loss at Cincy. I can't decide what would be in the Pats' best interest, though -- Ravens or Steelers getting the bye.

Really rooting for Miami to destroy the Jets; that way they can't blame anyone else. Really, as much as people say the odds are stacked against the NYJ getting in, the teams they need to lose (Bengals to Ravens, Titans to Texans, Raiders to Chargers/Broncos to Chiefs) actually have, IMO, at least a 50% chance of losing.

Really rooting for Miami to destroy the Jets; that way they can't blame anyone else. Really, as much as people say the odds are stacked against the NYJ getting in, the teams they need to lose (Bengals to Ravens, Titans to Texans, Raiders to Chargers/Broncos to Chiefs) actually have, IMO, at least a 50% chance of losing.

Yes, and, it would be just fine for the Jets to win, and not get into the playoffs, and for the Raiders to lose, which puts our Raiders #1 pick ahead of the Jets in the pick order. A minor thing, but there would be some satisfaction on draft day to not only have kicked their a## all year, but to be picking ahead of them in the draft.

This year more than ever, anyone can beat anyone..

So you should root for the Pats and Root for the Dolphins (always against the Jets :) )

It would be wild to see the Ravens drop all the way from No. 2 seed to wildcard with a loss at Cincy. I can't decide what would be in the Pats' best interest, though -- Ravens or Steelers getting the bye.

I don't fear either team, and both will have to come to our house, however, a bye will help the Steelers far more than the Ravens, so we want the Ravens to get the bye.

As per the original post, I have no disagreements.

Do we really have three first round picks (Raiders, Saints)??

Re: For Whom to root, week 17.

Do we really have three first round picks (Raiders, Saints)??

No
I was just busting balls
Read post #6
OP made an error
Raidiz is a 2nd

Last edited:
I don't fear either team, and both will have to come to our house, however, a bye will help the Steelers far more than the Ravens, so we want the Ravens to get the bye.

Makes sense to me. So we want the Ravens to beat Cincy which is what they'd need to lock up a bye. (Unless the Steelers improbably lose to Cleveland.) I just hope that doesn't help set things up for the Green Beans to back in once again if they beat Miami.

I want gangrene to lose badly in Miami, and then watch all the other teams; Bengals, Titans, Raiders and Broncos, that they needed to loose, actually loose. Oh, a tale of what could have been.

I'm hardly worried about better draft selections in April at this point..

Who we root for will depend on what the general consensus is in regards to who we want to play, it should be that simple.

We all want the #6 seed to beat the #3 (Houston), so that we can have an easier first game, and get the first playoff win since the 2007 season off of our backs. Once we'd get that first win, they should have a lot more confidence and momentum, not to mention the fact that we'd now be hosting the AFCCG in Foxborough.

So....the question remains? Who should we be rooting for to get the #6 seed?

Let the draft picks in April work themselves out, I'm much more worried and excited about the possibility of going to the damn Super Bowl.

Why should we be rooting for some team so that we can have a better draft pick for the 2012 season, if that would mean playing BOTH the Steelers and Ravens? That hardly makes much sense to me.

I want gangrene to lose badly in Miami, and then watch all the other teams; Bengals, Titans, Raiders and Broncos, that they needed to loose, actually lose. Oh, a tale of what could have been.

This plus a Pats win sounds like a very pleasant Sunday.

I want Baltimore to win the division and then win the divisional round game (which hopefully is against the Steelers). The Ravens are a bad road team, and I would welcome them into Foxboro for the AFC Championship Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes