PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who to root for week 17 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason to roof for the Chiefs: It makes Ravens v Colts in 1st playoff round (if colts win), and having either the Colts or Ravens knocked off in the 1st round is great.

Last edited:
Another reason to roof for the Chiefs: It makes Ravens v Colts in 1st playoff round (if colts win), and having either the Colts or Ravens knocked off in the 1st round is great.

If I could only have one scenario,this is the one I want.To have the the 2 most dangerous opponents play each other in the first round.I realize that you have to be able to beat anyone,however,I see this as a well-deserved break for the Pats as the Number 1 seed.:rocker:

Hoodie, I just wanna say thanks for doin these threads all year, they were must read material for me. :)

I certainly enjoy the information and always read it, but my rooting criteria is much more involved and personal than the criteria here. Ultimately, who I root for is irrelevant as to who wins so I feel perfectly free to root for whoever I happen to want to root for at the moment. :)

Great job with these threads Hoodie! :rocker:

Does KC have anything to play for? As awesome as it would be to have Indy vs. Baltimore face each other, does it really need KC to win on sunday to make it happen?

Great job with these threads Hoodie! :rocker:

Does KC have anything to play for? As awesome as it would be to have Indy vs. Baltimore face each other, does it really need KC to win on sunday to make it happen?

Posted this in response to a similar question on another thread:

According to the ESPN Playoff Machine, if Pitt and Baltimore win as they should, a KC win would put them at home vs the Jets; a loss would put them at home v the Ravens. I don't know how much difference that makes to the Chiefs, but I'd think most teams would rather play the NYJs.

2010 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

You can obviously play around with the scenarios (Steelers lose = Pitt @KC if Chiefs win, NYJ@KC if Chiefs lose ... unless Bills beat Jets). You get the idea ... but the relevant games are all 1 so my guess is KC comes out motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back