PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who to root for....week 13 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Jets (9-2) at Patriots (9-2) - I always root against the Jets. :D Might be another reason as well for the pick. ;)

Raiders (5-6) at Chargers (6-5) - First round draft pick. Not worried about Chargers beating NE out of bye, homefield, wild card etc.

Panthers (1-10) at Seahawks (5-6) Our second round pick.

Bills (2-9) at Vikings (4-7) - Our third round pick.

Saints (8-3) at Bengals (2-9) - Our 6th round pick. Plus it would be nice if the Bengals could improve their record past the Vikings

Texans (5-6) at Eagles (7-4), Want the Texans to have more wins than Oakland.

49ers (4-7) at Packers (7-4), Once again want the 49rs to have more wins than Vikings and Oakland.

Bears (8-3) at Lions (2-9), Or at least Carolina.

Broncos (3-8) at Chiefs (7-4), Someone has to win the AFCW, I don't want it to be Oakland or SD...so go Chiefs. Plus eff Josh for throwing us under the bus.

Browns (4-7) at Dolphins (6-5) -- Illigical but eff Mangini. Picks would be better off with a Browns win.

Cowboys (3-8) at Colts (6-5) --I hope the Colts miss the playoffs and the Cowboys pick after the Vikings.

Falcons (9-2) at Buccaneers (7-4), don't care

Jaguars (6-5) at Titans (5-6), Would rather Jax than the Colts win the AFCS. Randy how is team #3 looking?

Rams (5-6) at Cardinals (3-8), want the Rams picking after Oakland

Redskins (5-6) at Giants (7-4), same

Steelers (8-3) at Ravens (8-3), don't care

Thanks-- I always look forward to this thread.

I'd prefer the Steelers to win that division, since we are in their heads moreso than we are in the Ravens' heads. We likely could take care of either, but taking out the Steelers in the playoffs is something we are all comfortable with, like a nice well-worn pair of jeans.

I'd prefer the Steelers to win that division, since we are in their heads moreso than we are in the Ravens' heads. We likely could take care of either, but taking out the Steelers in the playoffs is something we are all comfortable with, like a nice well-worn pair of jeans.

I see that game as very similiar to our game this week with the Jets. Winner will get the #2 seed and a bye, loser gets the #6 seed. But losing the game doesn't knock you out of the playoffs.

Last edited:
Always fun to look at these.

The 'win-wins', where it beneficial both for the one team to win as well as for the other team to lose:

Pats win, Jets lose - obvious

Seahawks win - for overall standings vs Oakland
Panthers lose - better chance of that draft pick being #33

Bills win - distance themselves from Carolina, and catch up to Minn is standings
Vikings lose - more losses = a better pick in the third round

Bengals win - same situation as Buffalo winning
Saints lose - makes the 6th round pick better

Chargers win - stay ahead of Oakland
Raiders lose - first round pick
The only thing with this is that if the Pats end up playing somebody from the AFCW in the playoffs I would rather it not be San Diego

The rest of the games there's only one (or none) to root for or against

Texans win - for better record than Oakland and Minnesota
Eagles - don't care

49ers win - for better record than Oakland and Minnesota
Packers - does a loss affect how they play against the Pats?

Lions win - stay ahead of Carolina, maybe catch up to Minnesota
Bears - does a loss affect how they play against the Jets or Pats?

Chiefs win - makes the Oakland draft pick better and Pats would prefer to play KC in playoffs rather than SD. Of course that also means somebody else (Jets, Pittsburgh) might get to play KC rather than SD too.
Broncos - a win would help them catch up to Minnesota but I'm starting to doubt that is possible. Plus, as TGIAGH pointed out, eff McDaniels for throwing the Pats under the bus.

Browns win - for better record than Oakland and Minnesota
Dolphins - does a loss mean they give up and don't try after this, including their game at the Jets?

Cowboys win - for better record than Oakland and Minnesota
Colts lose - would prefer to face Jacksonville or another team from AFCS in playoffs; on other hand, so would everyone else in the AFC

Jaguars win - right now Jacksonville has a better chance of eliminating the Colts than Tennessee does
Titans - a win would help in standings compared to Minnesota and Oakland, but it would also help the Colts in the division standings

Rams win - for better record than Oakland an Minnesota
Cardinals - they're not very good, I doubt they can catch Minnesota and Oakland even with a win here

Redskins win - for better record than Oakland and Minnesota
Giants - a NY/NJ team losing is never a bad thing

Falcons - root for Dimitroff and Matt Ryan?
Bucs - root for the underdog?

Steelers, Ravens - root for a meteor to land on the field?

Jets (9-2) at Patriots (9-2)

Raiders (5-6) at Chargers (6-5) - First round draft pick.

Panthers (1-10) at Seahawks (5-6) Our second round pick.

Bills (2-9) at Vikings (4-7) - Now that the douche Childress is out, I don't have any interest in rooting against the Vikings... especially when they're playing a division rival.

Saints (8-3) at Bengals (2-9) - Sean Payton and Drew Brees > Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer.

Texans (5-6) at Eagles (7-4) - Screw the Eagles. Give the Giants the best homefield advantage opportunity possible to set up for a possible Super Bowl rematch.

49ers (4-7) at Packers (7-4) - Don't really care either way, so I'll just stay with your pick.

Bears (8-3) at Lions (2-9) - Would like to see the Lions finally succeed as long as we're not playing them.

Broncos (3-8) at Chiefs (7-4) - My opinion of McDaniels took a huge dump this week. I want the Broncos to as well. Pioli, Weis, Crennel > McDaniels.

Browns (4-7) at Dolphins (6-5) - I hate Mangini, but I'd rather root for him than the Dolphins.

Cowboys (3-8) at Colts (6-5) - I would LOL if the Colts missed the playoffs and we rolled in as the #1 seed after all of their fans were calling us "the Pasts" last season.

Falcons (9-2) at Buccaneers (7-4) - Bucs to put my girlfriend in a good mood.

Jaguars (6-5) at Titans (5-6) - As long as the Jags aren't playing the Pats...

Rams (5-6) at Cardinals (3-8) - Sam Bradford fan here. Kid is the real deal.

Redskins (5-6) at Giants (7-4) - If we make it to the Super Bowl, I want the Giants to make it as well. I want another shot at 'em.

Steelers (8-3) at Ravens (8-3) - I hope these two teams absolutely level one another.

Bills (2-9) at Vikings (4-7) - Now that the douche Childress is out, I don't have any interest in rooting against the Vikings... especially when they're playing a division rival.

Better reason to root for the Vikings: improving the first-rounder by having the Vikings move behind Oakland more than makes up for the ensuing drop in the third-rounder.

Yeah i'd have to say i am going for the vikings this week just because i want every 5-6 and 4-7 team winning as many games as possible to get our oakland pick as low as possible... the trade off in the 3rd round is more than acceptable

Well pretty easy this week obviously.

Only problem I have is rooting for the Chargers. I might view this a bit more relaxed once we have secured #1 seed, but I remember very vividly how we won that game in SD, and even Norv is such a complete sucker to allow for a repeat performance of that stupidity festival. Oakland will have enough other chances to lose.

FWIW, here's the list I came up with:

HOU @ PHI (d%#*!@t)
JAC @ TEN
WAS @ NYG
CHI @ DET
BUF @ MIN see below
NO @ CIN (no offense, pherein ;))
SF @ GB
DEN @ KC pick 'em—see below
CLE @ MIA
OAK @ SD
CAR @ SEA
ATL @ TB pick 'em—see below
STL @ ARI
DAL @ IND
PIT @ BAL pick 'em—see below
NYJ @ NE

BUF@MIN: A MIN win coupled with an OAK loss would tie them at 5-7, and SOS would put OAK ahead of them. I'm willing to give up two spots in the third to move up one in the first.

DEN@KC: DEN winning would be better for the Pats' draft picks, since it would move them closer to passing OAK. OTOH, KC winning would be better for the chances of the Chargers missing the playoffs. That and I find it awfully hard to root against MFC. :)

PIT@BAL: This game makes almost no difference in the results, since both teams are tied. That said, I don't really like either team, so I'll root for the asteroid. :D

ATL@TB: Same thing, except I just don't hate either team enough to even root for the asteroid. :p

Last edited:
Until they can no longer hurt us in any way, I want Miami to lose. Also, I would rather someone other than the Chargers be the AFC West representative in the playoffs, so I want Oakland to win, even though it will affect our pick (and even though I don't see it happening anyway). Other than that, I agree with your picks.

i want oakland to lose every one of their remaining games. the super chokers don't scare me.

Last edited:
i can't believe some of you actually want the chargers to beat the raiders. i know we have the raiders pick, but we don't want the chargers in the playoffs under any circumstances. if that means the raiders finishing ahead of the chargers and us getting a top 15 or 20 pick so be it. this year's playoffs are more important than the raider pick imo.

i know we own the chargers but we beat them at the beginning of the year in OT and now they have V jax back and can pull off an upset. the chargers and ravens are the most dangerous teams other than jets in the afc i think.

Last edited:
i can't believe some of you actually want the chargers to beat the raiders. i know we have the raiders pick, but we don't want the chargers in the playoffs under any circumstances. if that means the raiders finishing ahead of the chargers and us getting a top 15 or 20 pick so be it. this year's playoffs are more important than the raider pick imo.

i know we own the chargers but we beat them at the beginning of the year in OT and now they have V jax back and can pull off an upset. the chargers and ravens are the most dangerous teams other than jets in the afc i think.

We didn't go into OT with the Chargers.

We didn't go into OT with the Chargers.

oh for real? my memory is slipping me. but i do know it was a close game - 3 points right? in any event, i don't want any part of them. those guys are due against us anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots