PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who to root for....week 11 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oakland or Pittsburgh?

There are so few situations in life where you can be happy regardless of the outcome. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the result...whatever it is.

I do think that Pitt is going to kill them though.

Easy

More likely to make the playoffs?

Pittsburgh IS the answer

So you root for Oakland to upset...doubt they will though,Hines is back

I guess if the STeelers lose they'll be more desperate to beat the Jets later ...

But sooner or later they will play the Jets or Colts, and what do you do then? Are you like me and in that case you root for a minor asteroid impact at the 50 yard line in the middle of the game?
Minor?!?!

10 charssssssssssssssss

I guess if the STeelers lose they'll be more desperate to beat the Jets later ...

Yup..... and we'll see how the cumulative effect of all those hits on Sanchez will affect his game.

I'm voting for Oakland to win. BB will likely trade away that higher pick, regardless, and I'd rather see Pittsburgh tossed further down the playoff list.

Ideally, though, we should all be rooting for a tie.

Go Steelers, for the pick!

Brady owns the Steelers. He makes that defense look like swiss cheese, one of the more favourable matchups I'd want in the playoffs.

Last edited:

The Sqeelers, I'm not worried about beating them, and i want oaklands pick to be as high as it can get.

Root for Oak. The difference between a 13th pick and a 14th pick is not a more significant factor than possible home field/bye/wildcard.
Fail.

You're way off. The Raiders losing games like this are the difference between 7-9 and 10-6. And that is a not a draft spot. That is the difference in 12 and 24, kind of a big deal.

I'm pulling for Pitt. Even if they makes the playoffs they'll be a wild card in the AFC as I think Balto wins the North, so any worry about them getting a bye over NE is IMO irrelevant.

Lets go steelers.

I'm going to root for the Jets, other than that I concur with everything said here. Just can't root against the new "America's team" the "Jet green beans".

:singing:

I'm going to root for the Jets, other than that I concur with everything said here. Just can't root against the new "America's team" the "Jet green beans".

:singing:
So you're rooting for the Pats to beat the Colts?

Oh, I know why: you're looking ahead to the battle for those two wild card spots!:D

Pitt won't lose two in row at home in November.

I'm rooting for the Lions this week. I would like them to be on their heels enjoying a win with a short week to prepare.

Also, I can't believe some of you are picking draft pick position ahead of home field advantage in the playoffs.

go steelers!

This is so stupid. I'll never get rooting for draft picks instead of the best chances for your team to advance in the playoffs. I mean I would say you start worrying about picks when your team is out of playoff contention.

I'm rooting for the Lions this week. I would like them to be on their heels enjoying a win with a short week to prepare

This. Does anyone see them winning two in a row?

I always root for the Raiders & the Jets to lose. And the Panthers. :)

Is this a joke?

Look I want highest possible draft pick just like everyone else. However, getting any type of edge for a playoff bye trumps it all in my opinion.

-apf

Is this a joke?

Look I want highest possible draft pick just like everyone else. However, getting any type of edge for a playoff bye trumps it all in my opinion.

-apf

The steelers have nothing to do with getting us a playoff bye(except hopefully beating the jets). It all comes down to having more wins than the Jets and winning the AFC East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes