PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Thinks We Come Out on Fire And Smoke 'Em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is both we and the Jets win impressive games setting up our match. That's what the NFL wants, that's what they'll get.

My guess is both we and the Jets win impressive games setting up our match. That's what the NFL wants, that's what they'll get.

If the Jets lose 2 in a row and NE wins this weekend,I will be scared of a VERY hungry (not food related for once) Rex Ryan team coming to Gillette.

If they beat the Ravens and we win at Oakland it might not be such a bad thing,they will have a win on the road.

I hope we don't come out and blow them away unless we do it by running for 150+ yards and the defense plays lights out. If we win another shootout or something like 51-30....no...I will not be impressed.....I will be worrying about another good regular season/not ready for prime time playoff team...

Rodney pretty much said it yesterday night in NBC that raiders have no chance against an Angry Patriots Team.

the way he confronted ET was classic. :D

This sentiment applied to Patriots teams of the past when Rodney was still playing. Those teams always played with some kind of chip and usually backed it up on the field. This team, I truly feel, is soft and there is nothing more to it. An angry team now means they'll give up 300 yards instead of 450 yards.:rolleyes:

I used to feel that way during the championship years. Yes they did not lose many games but when they did they seemed to always come out strong the next game. Now that the pats are 80% offense and 20% defense I don't have that confidence.

Truth be told the only thing we can do at this point is hope the Brady has a monster game and is able to outscore the raiders because it is not like the defense can stop anybody from walking all over them.

We are going to win, I have no doubt about that!

Just hope it is by a large margin to put the critics to bed for the night! :rolleyes:

It starts with STOPPING their run game.We need Fat Albert in the defensive line-up. Spikes needs to show up as well.Then we ask Jason Campbell to beat us over the top ( gulp ).
One thing I noticed while watching the Jets game ,Raiders did not have answer for Dustin Keller.It bodes well for us .
We may not smoke them but we're going to win this game.

I wouldn't read too much into that not having an answer to the Te. Raiders S M Huff who excells at covering the TE went out very very early with a concussion. He should be back. I feel confidant if he back , we won't be hearing from the Te too often. Also Raiders might get back s/lb Mike Mitchell who hasn't played at all this season/. (very key cog in their sub defenive package.

Raiders were really hurting at cb against the Jets. Starting cb C Johnson ( doubt he back as he groin injury was really effecting his play- liability) DVD- rookie cb also was out with knee injury (don't know his status for this game)

Raiders went to more zone packages than man to man they traditional play. Chimdi cheakwa played very well in reliewf of Johnson and J porter didn't play that bad. The Jets Wr were held in check but The RBs and Te killed the raiders. Hopefully with Huff and Mitchell back they will havebetter answers there.

We are going to win, I have no doubt about that!

Just hope it is by a large margin to put the critics to bed for the night! :rolleyes:

You think your blowing Raiders out your in for a rude awakening come sunday. Raiders get some more of their explosive weapons back( J Ford and louis Murphy) Raiders will score alot of points on any defense.(they might have the most explosive weapons in the game today when they get their full compliment of weapons back)

If someone blows out anyone my guess would be the raiders being the team winning big.

There is no way Seymour(defense gets its order from him) is letting that happen.

You say Patriots win in a shootout it alot more believable than saying a blowout.

Then I guess you fell asleep during the Eagles,Ravens and Giants game in December of 07...all of which we could have lost.

Ravens i watched as it was the most compling game of the year but other than that it was tough to get excited . even in the playoff the jags game was not very entertaining.

again , its my own view. i still love the old 2001-2005 games where it was always close and some one made a play. it used to be very entertaining.
i do miss those.we are a team that cannot win a 13-14 game any more.

satz

You think your blowing Raiders out your in for a rude awakening come sunday. Raiders get some more of their explosive weapons back( J Ford and louis Murphy) Raiders will score alot of points on any defense.(they might have the most explosive weapons in the game today when they get their full compliment of weapons back)

If someone blows out anyone my guess would be the raiders being the team winning big.

There is no way Seymour(defense gets its order from him) is letting that happen.

You say Patriots win in a shootout it alot more believable than saying a blowout.

Just being confident bud, I hope for a good game to watch but most of all a Patriot win. Really hope our defence can do a better job against your offence this weekend!

Just being confident bud, I hope for a good game to watch but most of all a Patriot win. Really hope our defence can do a better job against your offence this weekend!

Nothing wrong with that, as I wouldn't expect any thing diffrent from a fan of opposing team.

I think were both hoping the same from both of our defenses . Big improvement as this unit is probably responsible for why neither team is 3-0 today.

JMO i don't know how much improvement were going to see from both defenss as the other team offense this week going to have big mismatches in there favor.

Raiders have had trouble all year when teams have spread them out. You put a surgeon like Brady at Qb and I think its going to be a tough day for Raiders defenders all game.
I think the team that dosen't capitilize in the redzone . Settle for fieldgoals instead of Td will be the team than comes on the short end of a shootout.

Nothing wrong with that, as I wouldn't expect any thing diffrent from a fan of opposing team.

I think were both hoping the same from both of our defenses . Big improvement as this unit is probably responsible for why neither team is 3-0 today.

JMO i don't know how much improvement were going to see from both defenss as the other team offense this week going to have big mismatches in there favor.

Raiders have had trouble all year when teams have spread them out. You put a surgeon like Brady at Qb and I think its going to be a tough day for Raiders defenders all game.
I think the team that dosen't capitilize in the redzone . Settle for fieldgoals instead of Td will be the team than comes on the short end of a shootout.

Have to agree with that, all about making it count when we have the ball and please Brady, no more interceptions in this game :beatingcoming:

If the Jets lose 2 in a row and NE wins this weekend,I will be scared of a VERY hungry (not food related for once) Rex Ryan team coming to Gillette.

If they beat the Ravens and we win at Oakland it might not be such a bad thing,they will have a win on the road.

A physical Jets-Ravens game may leave them as beaten up and injury-riddled as the Pats post-SD which would be a good thing....hopefully.

A physical Jets-Ravens game may leave them as beaten up and injury-riddled as the Pats post-SD which would be a good thing....hopefully.

Last year do you know how bad a team record was after playing the raiders. Raiders are one of the most physical teams on both sides of the football. I don't think your going to have as much advanatge against the Jets as you think for that reason.

I try not to bash players who have moved on and try to focus on what they did for us when they were but........

The San Francisco Chronicle's "Silver & Black" blog catches up with defensive lineman Richard Seymour, who crosses his arms to make an "X" when he sacks a quarterback, like he did Sunday against the Jets and Mark Sanchez. "When I throw up the ‘X,’ that means it’s time to put the kids to bed,” Seymour says. “It’s X-rated out there. That means if you’re 13 and under, don’t watch this."

Come on really? Are you preparing for your WWE post football persona? You're better than that Richard.

we putting up 30+ so this smoke em stuff isn't going to happen... Gonna be close!

I'm glad the Pats are coming to Oakland. I'll be on Mount Davis with 6 of my close friends and family. We are all Pats fans from way back. I haven't been to a Pats game with my brother since we were kids at Schaefer Stadium in Foxboro.

Let's hope Vince and Al can control the Raidres running. Their secondary is worse than the Pats right now.

Pats win by at least 7.

:rocker:

lol^ gotta love big sey. Punching Big Ben last year was epic. Somebody had to teach him a lesson.

Put one in the W column :horn:

if ocho gets hurt we will win

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes