PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the hell is this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB does not care about what other people think of him.

I could write that sentence a thousand times and we could all read it over and over and still it will not sink in the way it really should.

The only thing he cares about is living life the way HE feels it should be lived. I think that he enjoys the symbols of his achievements, the rings, trophies. And, he will be proud of being enshrined if it happens.

But more important than all these baubles is the chance to go out every day and do something that he loves - which is coach football, at the present time. I also think that he has made some long lasting relationships with people who have been around him. How many long lasting relationships have we all forged over the years? I can tell by the way people who have worked with him revere him that he is a very good man.

These writers that tear him down in the press? He is ammune to them. And, this is what really gets to them. He does not let what they say, or do, bother him in any way. They stoop to unconscionable levels to try and get him to respond, and still he just stares at them.

The most important things to him in terms of football is winning championships. It is as simple as that. Accolades from the writers, ie enshrinement, what ever, I am so completely certain that if they want to paint him to be some scorge of the universe, rotten to the core, and forever the parhia then he will be fine with it. They are after all just a bunch of dweebs who get their jolleys out of tearing someone else down rather than going out and getting something that they really want in life. And this is a big distinction. "How do you live your life?", is more the statement that is BB. Many of these writers are like carpetbaggers, ready to jump on any opportunity, regardless of the consequences. Ethics to them are completely out the window.

Deford is an old man who is late on his draw on this one too. I mean, the article was posted Wednesday. But, there will be more old fools jumping on the train. And BB will not give a hoot about any of them.

The words of a bumbling man, attempting to satisfy the masses of ignorant journalists. RG has proven in his short stint as Commissioner that he will do amything to be viewed as "tough".

The entire outcry was fueled by the media because they don't think BB gives them the info they deserve. "Power of the press"...scumbags.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field"-Roger Goodell

From the same statement:
The NFL said the camera was seized before the end of the first quarter and had no impact on the game.

“As the commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week’s game. We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress.”

About 45 years ago (really) I read a book by Frank DeFord - he had gone to training camp with the Detroit Lions - he even got on the field for some practices and related how difficult it was to take the handoff from the QB, etc. He has been around football and other sports forever. I don't know how well-informed he is at this point in his life, but he used to be a well-regarded sportswriter.

Actually the crime was videotaping signals. At least you got half of it right. Way to go.

Spoken by the fan of a coach who was too lazy to put the extra filmwork in. I bet Peyton wishes BB was his coach. Would have meant a few more rings for Peyton.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field"-Roger Goodell

Translation: "Blah, Blah, Blah...please still think I am a tough guy Commissioner."

By the way, "He Ban Me"...November 4th, ok?

About 45 years ago (really) I read a book by Frank DeFord - he had gone to training camp with the Detroit Lions - he even got on the field for some practices and related how difficult it was to take the handoff from the QB, etc. He has been around football and other sports forever. I don't know how well-informed he is at this point in his life, but he used to be a well-regarded sportswriter.

You mean Deford ripped off George Plimpton's Paper Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back