PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the heck is Lavonte David (Reiss Mock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see the board is in complete agreement on Lavonte David :singing:

He's a situational player. You wanna spend a first round player on a situational player? Be my guest. I'll wait until the late second or third round.

I find it hard to see BB seeing value in him in the first. Pick 48? Absolutely.

Disagree completely, he's a unique player who could play every down in a variety of roles.

Only to people who care more about arm length than tackles.

Really? It's not reasonable to take the position that Morris Claiborne, Janoris Jenkins, Fletcher Cox, Donta Hightower, Luke Kuechly, Mark Barron, Quintin Coples, Michael Brockers, Courtney Upshaw or Melvin Ingram is a better football player than David?

Pretty full of yourself there, aren't you?

Last edited:
Really? It's not reasonable to take the position that Morris Claiborne, Janoris Jenkins, Fletcher Cox, Donta Hightower, Luke Kuechly, Mark Barron, Quintin Coples, Michael Brockers, Courtney Upshaw or Melvin Ingram is a better football player than David?

Pretty full of yourself there, aren't you?

Actually it was a mistake on my part. David is going to be a really good pro in my opinion but he's no lock as the best defensive player in the draft. I was bouncing around from post to post and misspoke. I do however think the people who use combine measurements to diss really good players are full of crap.

Disagree completely, he's a unique player who could play every down in a variety of roles.

Not a 1st round grade for me. 2nd at best. No way is he close to the best defensive player int eh draft, which is what I was disputing.

Could well be too small to be an every down LB in the NFL...we will see. Love the guy's football IQ and he certainly plays above his weight. A 1st round pick on David would be a reach.

If BB drafts an OLB in the first round for the first time ever he better make it one that will actually fit the scheme

If BB drafts an OLB in the first round for the first time ever he better make it one that will actually fit the scheme

Which scheme? We are in sub more than base. David fits the sub and can be used in a 4-3.

I view him as a nickle LB.
Also people who mock him at 31 are mocking him as a 2nd round pick since everyone knows we trade back there :D

Obviously, Mike has printed a smoke screen for his secret father Bob Kraft. Irvin is the guy when the smoke clears.....in the middle of the 2nd.

Obviously, Mike has printed a smoke screen for his secret father Bob Kraft. Irvin is the guy when the smoke clears.....in the middle of the 2nd.

Would he even be there? Seems a lot of teams are liking him.

Which scheme? We are in sub more than base. David fits the sub and can be used in a 4-3.

BB will want a guy taken in the first round to play both (versatility) and David would be nonexistent in a 3-4. I suppose he could move him to ILB, but what's the point?

BB will want a guy taken in the first round to play both (versatility) and David would be nonexistent in a 3-4. I suppose he could move him to ILB, but what's the point?

Do you know that he plans to go back to the 3-4 though?

I just want him too. We´ll make him fit somehow.

Not a 1st round grade for me. 2nd at best. No way is he close to the best defensive player int eh draft, which is what I was disputing.

Could well be too small to be an every down LB in the NFL...we will see. Love the guy's football IQ and he certainly plays above his weight. A 1st round pick on David would be a reach.

A 1st round pick would be a reach, I wonder if he's used as a S/LB hybrid.

Only to people who care more about arm length than tackles.

Cousin Ivan. If we are out looking for a first round "nickle OLB", we already have him if we want to convert Josh Barrett like Tank a few years ago. If we are going to consider a first for this kid, it's not a opinion I share. We all have binkies and I hope yours come true and respect that.

I am not buying this kid until the third round where he belongs though. He is a Tampa 2 type small OLB.
I don't think that is our scheme.

At the end of the day, Barrett is bigger faster and can cover better and he did not cost us a first. Before he was hurt, he started at S so the OLB experiment was not a thought.
DW Toys

ILB at 220lbs? Nyet.
DW Toys

Actually it was a mistake on my part. David is going to be a really good pro in my opinion but he's no lock as the best defensive player in the draft. I was bouncing around from post to post and misspoke. I do however think the people who use combine measurements to diss really good players are full of crap.

I might be full of feces but small and slow are eye ball measurements, not necessarily Combine documentation.
I respect your passion for this young man. I can't see him more than an ST kid. You going to line up a 5'11" 220lb OLB against TEs like a Jimmy Graham or a "Gronk"? If you cover them with a Safety or CB you combat their skill set with speed. Lavonte David is slow.
I agree he will be a solid ST guy. Can you get him in the third or fourth is where I stand.
This is a crappy Draft class with limited depth. David will be pushed up but not round one IMHO.
DW Toys

I might be full of feces but small and slow are eye ball measurements, not necessarily Combine documentation.
I respect your passion for this young man. I can't see him more than an ST kid. You going to line up a 5'11" 220lb OLB against TEs like a Jimmy Graham or a "Gronk"? If you cover them with a Safety or CB you combat their skill set with speed. Lavonte David is slow.
I agree he will be a solid ST guy. Can you get him in the third or fourth is where I stand.
This is a crappy Draft class with limited depth. David will be pushed up but not round one IMHO.
DW Toys

He is 6'1 233 with safety speed and exceptional football instincts, he's a first Round football player and those looking past him are making a big big mistake.

Do you know that he plans to go back to the 3-4 though?

Looking at the players he picked up in FA and the reasons he mentioned why he played a 4-3 last year (no offseason). I think he'll stick with a 3-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back