Welcome to PatsFans.com

who the country really needed as prez

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Mar 30, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

mitt romney

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I like Mitt - but the guy we really need is unelectable - NEWT.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +537 / 6 / -2

Newt was too busy cheating on his wife to run for office.

Romney, cuz of his experience with finances, would probably have been the best of the lot. I'm not his biggest fan, cuz he's a fony, but he is probably the only candidate who actually understands how the financial system works.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

He'd still be the best President we could have, though, I believe, when you combine intelligence, political know how and political instinct.

Too bad.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I agree, he even looks like a President but we couldn't have him in there (religion) and it wasn't the Dingobats fault it was the republicans themselves they nominated an old nutty "Undercover Democrat" the Neo Cons deserved to lose, but Prince Barack will bring them back, big time.

It's OK to "Trash Mormons" thats not bigotry but we have to be very careful not to offend------------;)

:bricks:

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

yeah dude...

I wished that he actually ran one of these days and let the voters decide. I could imagine him really sweeping up a lot of votes in a primary or a caucus. He seems to really attract a lot of voters outside of Mass, and has a voice that people seem to want to vote for.

are you serious?

This idiot couldn't even stand the heat of a few primaries, he dropped out WAY early...his spending in dollar amount vs delegates is laughable. He and his magic undies are a joke.

say what you will about McCain, but the dude was busted and broke, and he still went on to get the nod. The reason he got the nomination, is because he was pretty much the last man standing. Huckabee showed some moxie...but Romney and RudyG were a lesson in quitting.

great choice, and wonderful post, you are both factual .... and insightful in the two worded opinion you posted....

7. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'd say Rudy was more or less a lesson in how not to run a primary. He only quit when it was almost statistically impossible for him to win. McCain and Obama were examples of just how important momentum can be, because they picked it up early and never let off. Obama was perhaps even more impressive because he smacked down the Clinton machine.

8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

you're an idiot...........romney has already fixed more things in this world than obama ever will.........you babble about primaries and avoid the persons abilities to fix tangible things in our world.....

why do libbies have o much fear of people who can actually accomplish things?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  9. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I disagree..........maybe newt in more normal economic instances, but romney fixes things and has pretty much a 100% success rate

libbies fear people who know what they're doing

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Obama's doing great. Romney is a liar. He merely listens to the prevailing wind. As guv in MA he introduced affordable health care, which was great, but he didn't propose a way to pay for it. Also, I'll never forget his pathetic loss to the great Ted Kennedy, when Romney's wife said that they were so poor in college they had to chip away at their stocks and they couldn't even afford wall-to-wall carpeting. Completely out of touch. The Republicans have failed us badly, in large part because they didn't have the guts to confront Bush and Cheney. The Republicans need to clean house and get in some new voices.

11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

errr......yep.....obama is in touch......the out of touch mentality applies to every politician who gets to the national stage.........they ARE ALL out of touch and to suggest otherwise makes you a blathering moron

you are another one who posts garbage without any merit ....... likely to avoid acknowledging the successes of a person.....

I refuse to pass credit or blame to anyone who has had to deal with the MA state house.....especially if they are republican governors........the only thing more corrupt than the MA state house is the RI governor.......if you were actually paying attention, you'd know that the MA senate consistently cut the legs out from under anything romney tried to do.......

obama is doing great..........you are so ******* blinded by your love of him

wake up

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

In other words, Republicans should never take personal responsibility for their failures. They should only blame Democrats. I don't deny the problems with the one-party dominance in Massachusetts state government, but that does not negate the failures or successes of any governor, Democrat or Republican. Romney was a utter failure, unlike Weld and even the more conservative Celucci.

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

ACCOMPLISH!!!!! thats fukin rich.....He did such a great job of speaking to the people anbd convincing other REPUBLICANS that he was whats bets for the party and the country...

riiiiiiiiiight.......

Lets see who the republicans run against Obama in 2012, I bet you its not MItt, since the party can't even sem to find a non radio personality voice.

Oh, and since he got toasted in the primaries to a walking corpse...

Good luck in the next election...with Newt, or Jindal, or Palin, or Plumber...or some magical leprechaun who has yet to emerge as the voice of your failed philosophy.

yes...it has FAILED.

BTW, the dude...Mitt had over 2 Million invested in AIG...wonder how that would've hurt President Mitt????

14. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I wish we had Mitt right about now. I wonder what % of Americans share that view? For all his negatives, I think people genuinely trust him when it comes to economic matters. I think his loss in the primaries reflected that Iraq was the #1 concern at that time, not the economy. As the Economy became issue #1 in the general election, McCain lost ground where Mitt may have gained it.

15. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

exactly..........this is what clowns like patters and diver fail to grasp........

they just keep babbling on and on with meaningless drivel..........they are the driving force behind the existence of harry

16. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

why? democrats never take responsibility for anything........look at barney frank........he single-handedly contributed to more of the countries problems than anyone alive today........but YOU don't see that.........because he's a democrat.........same guy, same everything, change parties and you are all over his crap.......since your bias is the only driving force behind your opinion

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +537 / 6 / -2

I'm personally not impressed when I hear him speak, but maybe that's just me. As an aside, my brother, and parents, met him in Florida, at a zoo, and they said he was very gracious, and friendly.

18. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

maybe he should put his money where your mouth is.....

and by that I mean on his jock.

honestly.....WAKE UP!!!! he ran for president last year, he pu$$ied out, and lost!!!!

your post is nothing more than wishing for magic beans to take you away to fairy land...

talk about dreaming.....

19. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

more of the same.......nothing

harry is right about this one...........you just don't get it.........and by 'it', you can insert everything

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +537 / 6 / -2

If Romney were anything but Mormon, he'd have been the nominee. Also, while Romney is a fraud, who spent alot, how much did Obama spend?