PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who tempted Eve? Satan or the serpent?Why did God punish the serpent?

Greatest I am

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Who tempted Eve? Satan or the serpent?Why did God punish the serpent?

Dogma has Satan taking over a serpent with the power that God gave her when God cast her from heaven. I call Satan, her, because the early church depicted Satan as female. That is clear in Michal Angelo’s paintings in the Vatican.

If Satan took the serpent over and made it speak the words to temp Eve, then Satan would be culpable for the temptation and for God to punish the serpent would have been un-just.

Serpents cannot speak without supernatural help. Satan appears to be guilty while the serpent seems to be innocent.

Why did God punish the serpent instead of Satan?

Regards
DL

He punished the snake who is satan ... this is grade school.

The rats must be nibbling at the slithering satanic snake.

The missing and most pertinent part of the story is God's punishments to man and woman.

First, he told women they would give birth in pain. Having eaten from the tree of knowledge, she would give birth in pain -- I like this very much, not because I'm a sadist, but because it's so accidently eloquent. After all it's that big head that causes the problems.

Then, he told men that they would earn their livings by the sweat of their brow, that is, by working for a living. This is pertinent as well, since I am off now to answer for original sin. :)

He punished the snake who is satan ... this is grade school.

Then you failed it grade school. No wonder all you can do is insult like a child.

God says it is just a snake and not Satan in Gen 3;3.

You call your God a liar. He is. He is in fact the father of lies.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Regards
DL

Hmmm ... God maybe struck down the slithering snake for being blasphemous.:rolleyes:

Hmmm ... God maybe struck down the slithering snake for being blasphemous.:rolleyes:

If it blasphemed at all, it had to be because it was under supernatural control because God just described it as a snake. Nothing more. That would make the supernatural entity guilty and not the snake.

Unless you think snakes really can talk, and if you do, we will not talk much. I would not waste my time on one who has discarded reality for fantasy, miracles and magic.

Is that you?

Regards
DL

Are you saying that there are holes in the bible. That's crazy talk

Are you saying that there are holes in the bible. That's crazy talk

I am saying that it is a good myth but that Christianity and their literal reading has taken the good out of it and now they call evil good.

That is why they have embraced human sacrifice and the notion that it is somehow good justice for the guilty to profit from the sacrifice of an innocent man.

Regards
DL

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots