PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Surprised You The Most This Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not close: Welker and Green-Ellis

Woodhead. What an incredible find. It's always nice to get something for free.

Welker? Well I always expected him to come back. He's just that type of guy. But really he deserves a lot of credit for what he accomplished coming off that kind of serious injury.

Our rookie tight ends were also a big surprise. I mean I expected them to be pretty good but I never expected to see both topping 500 yards and accounting for half of our offensive touchdowns. The future is bright as far as that position is concerned.

Devin McCourty. I liked him. Leading up to the draft I read a lot of good things about the kid. With Bodden signed up and the need for a passrusher evident though, I didn't think we'd take him. But I am so glad we did. Turns out Bodden is out for the year with injury and DMac steps in, and takes over the #1 spot like he's a seasoned veteran. I think we have a real special player here.

I wasn't all that surprised by BJGE. Last season I already observed how injury prone 2 of our RBs were - Morris and Taylor. And Maroney was a mediocre back at best. A few injuries later, BB cutting bait with Lomo, and BJGE was running the rock with his usual style, hard, no dancing, north-south. He's worked hard at it and he deserves the job. Good for him!

My disappointment is with the OL. They really played well in the regular season but looked overmatched in the postseason. Why does that group of guys perform so poorly when they are needed to play their best? Logan Mankins holdout was also an unpleasant surprise. I just don't think he's going to get PAID the way he wants. A franchise tag and trade may be possible if the Pats still cannot work out a reasonable deal. There's no way he's worth 8M+. He just has not performed well enough regular season or postseason to make me think he's worth the investment.

Vince Wilfork on the other hand was WORTH EVERY PENNY. What a leader and a rock he has been on this Pats defense. Now we just need to get him some help. How about a DE that can command double teams. Are you listening BB?

This year has been full of surprises. It's just so sad how our hopes were so suddenly dashed just as the playoffs were starting. But overall it was still a good year and there are bright spots to look forward to in the future.

Last edited:
Woodhead and it's not close. McCourty was a 1st rounder and it became obvious rather quickly that he has off the charts physical talent and mental makeup to be to be an elite corner

BJGE--huge surprise, but he's been in the system for awhile and was always solid if unspectacular whenever he played before. I feel he benefited a lot from some unbelievable run-blocking this year. Huge holes opened for him on a regular basis.

Woodhead was the second coming of Wes Welker in terms of overachieving and ability to make big plays at the most crucial times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back