PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who struggled? Here is who I noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: who struggled? well here is who i noticed!

No I'm not - he had a good game but you can't cost the team the game and not be included on the list of goats. It's the life of a kicker and I imagine Gotti agrees with me. He's a good kicker and had a great game until that kick.

If we won that game, I don't think people would talk about Gost missing a FG. He is allowed to miss a few. I want to see him win us a game though.

If we won that game, I don't think people would talk about Gost missing a FG. He is allowed to miss a few. I want to see him win us a game though.

If the offense would have given him a chance to kick a game winning field goal with either of the posessions under 5 min I guarantee he would have made it.

He definitely did not cost the team the game. You are being a little harsh. Did anyone else cost the team the game? or is this loss all on him?
I have never said it's all on him. Can you read ? I'm just saying that he can't miss that kick and not be on the sh!t list for the week.

If the offense would have given him a chance to kick a game winning field goal with either of the posessions under 5 min I guarantee he would have made it.

Haha. That is a tough guarantee. I vaguely remember him missing one in that situation. He was a rookie though.

I have never said it's all on him. Can you read ? I'm just saying that he can't miss that kick and not be on the sh!t list for the week.

You cant expect perfection every week, even from a kicker. He made a 53 yarder and was outstanding on kickoffs, missed 1 FG. Believe me our FG kicker is the least of our concerns right now

To be completely honest, nothing about this game really worried me to much besides LoMo. 3-2 sounds about right considering our schedule and circumstances with Brady and the defense. Luckily we have the Titans and Bucs next, a perfect opportunity for Brady to get back into form and get some valuable playing time for this defense.

Sorry, man, that was practically a game winner - a top, pro bowl kicker makes it.

Last year, the top 10 kickers made about 88% of their kicks in the 40-49 range, and about 93% in the 30-39 range.

Heck, if we look at AV, his "clutch" kicking actually masks the fact that he tended to miss a significant number of kicks that "didn't matter." (Remember his two failed attempts against Carolina?)

Pierre Woods was the worst player I saw on Sunday. Has he ever done anything?

Springs stood out to me as pretty bad. Granted, our defenses refuses to put pressure on the QB so he had to run around for a while.

he helped us win the buffalo game...caused mckelvin to fumble

That's true. He's a special teams guy. I don't think he belongs in with the regular defense though. Can't shed blocks, can't rush the passer. It was good to see Ninkovich get some time in there and make a play.

Pierre Woods was the worst player I saw on Sunday. Has he ever done anything?

he helped us win the buffalo game...caused mckelvin to fumble

And Eric Alexander got the Ravens game off to a good start with his strip on the opening kickoff, but we're not ready to line him up on defense. Still, Woods is a reasonably stout defender against the run. His tackling is much more sure than prior years. He just doesn't stack-up in coverage, so he won't get a lot of snaps.

And Eric Alexander got the Ravens game off to a good start with his strip on the opening kickoff, but we're not ready to line him up on defense. Still, Woods is a reasonably stout defender against the run. His tackling is much more sure than prior years. He just doesn't stack-up in coverage, so he won't get a lot of snaps.

I'm not trying to defend him as a complete defender - mcgahee was his responsibility when he caught the TD in the raven's game, and he's certainly the weakest of the linebackers that actually gets playing time - I do think he's useful as a role-player though, and that was more my point. Now that Mayo's returned I doubt Woods sees the field much - guyton, mayo, and thomas are our best 3 lb'ers, and when we go to a 3-4 i'd rather see burgess in as a rushing lb than woods

I didnt read this entire thread, but bottom line is if this offense doesnt score at least 20 a game. the pats will be losing quite a bit

If the offense had scored at least 1 point in the 2nd half we win this game.

meriweather was in great position all nite but missed/blew by several what should have been routine tackles for him
Yes, especially the last run by Moreno that put them into field goal range in overtime.

mankins, overrated like ive always said, struggled picking up his blocking assignments in run game..

If you're talking about that 3rd and 1 the Pats didn't convert, it was the right idea (running the ball) but a stupid play call. Because the defensive is most likely going to crash many defenders, it's not the brightest idea to get cute with your O-line and pull guards (Mankins). I don't blame Mankins, I blame the call

koppen couldnt stay on a block long enuf
he gets overpowered too much

kaczur overall played quite well
Yes he has.

neal inconsisent
They need to replace him next season

vollmer nice job
He did a great job in limited action

brady was f' n inconsistent again, missed huge throws in the most critical times
It's disappointing. You can only use the injury card for so long

mcgowan played terrific overall
He was a good find

springs played well just unfortunate on the marshall touchdown, almost perfect position
Springs had great position but just turned around a tad too late.

adalius thomas played awful, especially setting the edge against the run..he could be outa here next year..i wasnt high on him last year
He has been really disappointing and I noted in an earlier thread, he needs to take a pay cut to stay with the team. When Mayo returns to full health, I expect the Pats to make Adalius more of a rusher.

mayo's weakness is obviously pass coverage, zone or man...guyton kills him in this department
Guyton has been pretty good, I'm surprised they still have Thomas in coverage and not rushing the passer.

wilfork is beast
he made a clutch tackle on that screen play to Moreno. He absolutely came out of nowhere

jonathon wilhite is one of our weakest corners and he's a pus# as well, but i will admit he has improved from last year and can be a pretty good backup
I'm not a fan of this guy at all. Not only does he blow coverage, he acts like he's hurt on almost every play he is involved in. It's a matter of time before Butler takes over

patriots 12-4 superbowl champs if no major injuries in 2009
As of right now, they don't look like a super bowl team. Brady really needs to get it together.

My comments are obviously in bold.

Last edited:

I missed the part of the game where he showed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes