PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who sits in judgement of Bob Kraft and the Patriots???

Jim Donaldson, the local azzwipe mediot, feels as though he can sit in judgement..

Jim Donaldson: Don

Jim Donaldson is/was a Parcells rump swab. Much of the local media's dislike for the Pats is because of their love for Parcell's and his press conferences and when Krafty wouldn't let Tuna "shop for the groceries", the battle lines were drawn!...

I have a well documented track record of not being a BB/Kraft sycophant and I absolutely do not blame Kraft or BB for what went down this moron thug, Hernandez. That being said, I am quite surprised that a pro team handing out a 40 million dollar contract to a pro athlete doesn't check out their players thoroughly. It is truly shocking that NFL teams don't have PI/security departments investigating their investments and I suspect that will be changing going forward.

Bruce Allen critiquing media = good.
Media critiquing Kraft = bad?

Wagon circling complete.
Foam Fingers Unite
I've got a foam finger for ya...

Hindsight.......the lazy sportswriter's best friend. We're lucky to have some pretty good writers and doomed to have the crotchety old fools who think that bashing the home team is journalistic genius.
It's amazing how they tell us how easy it is to predict the future. I defy any one of these morons to show us where they foresaw an Aaron Hernandez in jail for murder 1. I also don't think that Bob Kraft loses any sleep over what Donaldson or Borges et al. write about him. I do believe he's genuinely upset at the tragic turn of events and wishes he could have seen the future but the fact is that nobody did or could.
For anyone who thinks I've unfairly characterized the old fools, as an old fool myself I think I'm allowed to.

I have a well documented track record of not being a BB/Kraft sycophant and I absolutely do not blame Kraft or BB for what went down this moron thug, Hernandez. That being said, I am quite surprised that a pro team handing out a 40 million dollar contract to a pro athlete doesn't check out their players thoroughly. It is truly shocking that NFL teams don't have PI/security departments investigating their investments and I suspect that will be changing going forward.

What do people actually think the Pats would have found if they investigated more? Probably not much more than they already knew - he ran with a bad crowd.

I seriously doubt they would have cracked the case on the double homicide last year. They probably knew everything that happened in college and chocked most of it up to youthful stupidity. Even now the only things that they could have found out that we know of is that he had a flop house which could have been used for any number of legal reason (like say a love nest for his mistress which while unsavory cheating is not an uncommon occurrence for NFL players) and that he frequented sleazy strip clubs (also common among football players) and he and his friends could be a-holes in clubs.

People keep saying the Pats should have investigated more, but I don't know if they would have found anything. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did investigate him and the worst they could find is he hangs with shady characters which has been reported that the Pats had talked to about on numerous occasions.

Not trying to single you out because this has been raised a thousand times over the last few weeks. But I still don't know what people thought a thorough investigation of Hernandez before he signed the contract would have uncovered. I'm sure Hernandez wasn't killing someone every weekend.

Maybe it would have uncovered something. Or might might not have. Or maybe the Patriots did investigate Hernandez and not find anything. They won't be admitting that publicly right now.

"Do you think, when Spygate was going on, Bill told his boss it was common practice to videotape the sideline signals of opposing teams — an act which, when discovered, resulted in Belichick receiving the largest fine levied against a coach in NFL history ($500,000) as well as an additional $250,000 fine assessed the team?"

Apparently the senile writer is unaware that YES it was common practice to videotape opposing team's signals, etc. What an ignoramus posing as a reporter. My problem with most such reporters is that they actually know so little about their supposed area of expertise.

That's the frustrating thing.

Is it too much to ask Donaldson to pay attention to his own newspaper when it was reported that in the first game of the 2007 season the Patriots were in violation of a rule that had only just been put in place - in the form a memo no less - by Goodell in 2006?

Or to know his history about the spying practices of George Halas, Lamar Hunt, and other great coaches in NFL history?

Apparently it is. That's part of the reason I don't subscribe to the Projo anymore.

What do people actually think the Pats would have found if they investigated more? Probably not much more than they already knew - he ran with a bad crowd.

I seriously doubt they would have cracked the case on the double homicide last year. They probably knew everything that happened in college and chocked most of it up to youthful stupidity. Even now the only things that they could have found out that we know of is that he had a flop house which could have been used for any number of legal reason (like say a love nest for his mistress which while unsavory cheating is not an uncommon occurrence for NFL players) and that he frequented sleazy strip clubs (also common among football players) and he and his friends could be a-holes in clubs.

People keep saying the Pats should have investigated more, but I don't know if they would have found anything. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did investigate him and the worst they could find is he hangs with shady characters which has been reported that the Pats had talked to about on numerous occasions.

Not trying to single you out because this has been raised a thousand times over the last few weeks. But I still don't know what people thought a thorough investigation of Hernandez before he signed the contract would have uncovered. I'm sure Hernandez wasn't killing someone every weekend.

Maybe it would have uncovered something. Or might might not have. Or maybe the Patriots did investigate Hernandez and not find anything. They won't be admitting that publicly right now.

I'm not taking it personally Rob, but if they had scrutinized his activities off season for say a 2-4 week stretch, don't you think they might have realized he's hanging daily with know gang bangers and had some pause to hand over the checkbook? How about speaking with law enforcement guys and finding out about this little episode of shooting out someone's eyeball or being pulled over going 105 mph and announcing, "its ok, I'm Aaron Hernandez!" I think that would give me a little pause before I handed over 12 million dollars to such a person! :eek:

That's the frustrating thing.

Is it too much to ask Donaldson to pay attention to his own newspaper when it was reported that in the first game of the 2007 season the Patriots were in violation of a rule that had only just been put in place - in the form a memo no less - by Goodell in 2006?

Or to know his history about the spying practices of George Halas, Lamar Hunt, and other great coaches in NFL history?

Apparently it is. That's part of the reason I don't subscribe to the Projo anymore.

well...I just told Jim what you said and he replied the you are just a jealous Notre Dame hater and he's PROUD to stand up for his alma mater in the face of 99.99999999% reader negativity directed at him.

I'm not taking it personally Rob, but if they had scrutinized his activities off season for say a 2-4 week stretch, don't you think they might have realized he's hanging daily with know gang bangers and had some pause to hand over the checkbook? How about speaking with law enforcement guys and finding out about this little episode of shooting out someone's eyeball * or being pulled over going 105 mph and announcing, "its ok, I'm Aaron Hernandez!" I think that would give me a little pause before I handed over 12 million dollars to such a person! :eek:

Dear Emily Latella,

It would give one pause but only if one had a forward time machine.
The events you cite as problematical occurred well AFTER the contract signing.

Never mind.

* and the cops did not know it was AH because the guy shot described his assailants as two black guys; only the week before the murder did he name AH and only in a civil suit. Cops still did not know and refused to re-open the case at that time because the plaintiff was un-cooperative

I'm not taking it personally Rob, but if they had scrutinized his activities off season for say a 2-4 week stretch, don't you think they might have realized he's hanging daily with know gang bangers and had some pause to hand over the checkbook? How about speaking with law enforcement guys and finding out about this little episode of shooting out someone's eyeball or being pulled over going 105 mph and announcing, "its ok, I'm Aaron Hernandez!" I think that would give me a little pause before I handed over 12 million dollars to such a person! :eek:

The shooting in Florida happened this year after Hernandez inked his new deal. And if the Pats asked the local police in Florida (assuming they were psychic enough to do so), the local police would have told them up until a few weeks ago that Hernandez was not involved to their knowledge and the case was cold because the victim could identify his shooter and refused to cooperate. I don't think anyone knew Hernandez was allegedly involved in a shooting in Florida until days before Lloyd was killed.

They already knew that he hung with thugs. They wouldn't pull the deal for him speeding and pulling the star treatment. I still don't know if following him for two months straight would have produced anything that raised a red flag other than the company he associated with.

Hernandez appears to be a bad dude, but that doesn't mean he was living the thug life 24/7 or doing it in public for an investigator could see.

All you have do is look at one of the other big legal story in the area. The Feds knew Whitey Bulger was a really bad dude and monitored him 24/7 for decades and it took them forever to get ny evidence of wrong doings to build a case hints him. They had millions of dollars and man hours put in to find any real evidence of wrong doing. Do you think a couple of guys following around Hernandez for a few weeks will neccessarily show this true colors?

Do you think a couple of guys following around Hernandez for a few weeks will neccessarily show this true colors?

Here's the thing: if Hernandez is the sociopath many people are making him out to be*, don't you think he'd be on his best behavior while they were following him?

*Note I'm not saying he is (or isn't) a sociopath.

The shooting in Florida happened this year after Hernandez inked his new deal. And if the Pats asked the local police in Florida (assuming they were psychic enough to do so), the local police would have told them up until a few weeks ago that Hernandez was not involved to their knowledge and the case was cold because the victim could identify his shooter and refused to cooperate. I don't think anyone knew Hernandez was allegedly involved in a shooting in Florida until days before Lloyd was killed.

They already knew that he hung with thugs. They wouldn't pull the deal for him speeding and pulling the star treatment. I still don't know if following him for two months straight would have produced anything that raised a red flag other than the company he associated with.

Hernandez appears to be a bad dude, but that doesn't mean he was living the thug life 24/7 or doing it in public for an investigator could see.

All you have do is look at one of the other big legal story in the area. The Feds knew Whitey Bulger was a really bad dude and monitored him 24/7 for decades and it took them forever to get ny evidence of wrong doings to build a case hints him. They had millions of dollars and man hours put in to find any real evidence of wrong doing. Do you think a couple of guys following around Hernandez for a few weeks will neccessarily show this true colors?

I don't see how anyone could have foreseen AHern doing this, especially based on the info available during the draft when the Pats first signed him. That rumor was that he'd failed a drug screen for marijuana in college. I think it's a safe bet that quite a few college students have smoked weed or consumed alcoholic beverages while underage, and it doesn't mean that they're destined to a life of crime.

The guy who was shot in the eye either refused to identify who shot him or said he didn't know when interviewed by the police. Nobody had a clue at the time AHern's contract was extended.

And reporters? Investigative journalists might have uncovered something, but I doubt it. That's a dying breed. Most reporters nowadays just base their stories on press releases from the people they're "investigating", rumors and tweets. Ha.

AHern. What a waste.

jeezus krist...an intelligent sports writer in Boston???...I thought Gee retired or passed on. It's a sad state of affairs here in southern NE when we are subjected to the vacuous prattlings of hare brained contrarians like Felcher and the outright scurvy and pestilence flowing forth from the sewers know as Denise and Callajerk.

So predictable, its why i no longer pay any attention to these clowns. Kraft was suppose to know that AH (because he smoked pot while at miami) would turn out to be a cold blooded killer. How utterly pathetic, but typical.

I've read this sooooo many times now:

And yet no one has asked, or answered the question: How typical or atypical is this? in other words, how many NFL players came into the league with such an assessment? I'd bet perhaps a few. Seems there's room for context to be added to the discussion.

They media keeps pounding away at the 1 out of 10 on "social maturity" score. Were the Patriots looking for a high school guidance counselor or were they looking to hire a tight end who could block linebackers and catch passes with 220 pound safeties beating the crap out of them on every play?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back