PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who should handle the kick-return duties???

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF??

1st, a fumble is where the offensive player loses possession of the ball. Check.

Hmm.. As I said in my original response, you make it sound like Hobbs just dropped the ball. That wasn't the case and you damn well know it. So stop being ignorant.

2nd, It was a Kickoff, it came immediately after they scored following the bogus PI call.

I stand corrected. I forgot that Sauerbrun handled the kick-off duites in Denver because Elam doesn't.

3rd, Spearing has not been called in the NFL since the mid-90's. When you are hit by a punter, whether it's with his helmet or what, hold on to the ball.

It doesn't matter when it was last called. The fact of the matter is that Sauerbrun led with the crown of his helmet into Hobbs gut. Sauerbrun is 5'10 and 215 lbs. So the guy is jacked. Getting hit by him in the gut is going to do ALOT to someone who is only 5'9 and 185 lbs. Acting like Sauerbrun is some unathletic fat slob is just more ignorance.

On KR, Hobbs and Maroney, no question. Maroney has quietly become (except to us) amongst the leagues best (without a 101-yd average inflator). And as good as Maroney has been, Hobbs is in a completely different league if y'all been watching the same games as me. He may not quite be a return-man savant like Hester, be he truly shows some instinctual knack for the elusive return.

For PR, meh. Whoever is willing and able. Although...Jackson may be interesting. Seeing him back there recently, including some odd returns where he seemed to just be loitering around deep while Brown, etc returned the kick piqued my interest. Trick plays? Laterals? Just a secondary receiver? Hmm. Anyone? Either way, gives him an opportunity to show off in free-style. Can't red-shirt him, so put him on ST duty and mop-up until next year.

Punts inside the 20 Troy
Punts outside of the 20 Chad Jackson

Kickoffs mixed, pluses and minuses to both guys.. put them both back there, and see what happens. Maroney and Hobbs are both the type of guys who can bring it all the way.

Would save Faulk, who recently has been dinged and save him for what he is best at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back