Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who says you have to be from Hollywood?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Anybody who doubts that political candidates don't take lessons on acting and preparing their "scripts" when they appear on television just isn't paying attention.

Hillary won't get an Oscar, although she hit all her talking points, but whoever prepped her for Leno should.

[size=+3]Clinton Has Fun on 'The Tonight Show' [/size]
    Apr 4 12:13 AM US/Eastern
    By BETH FOUHY
    Associated Press Writer

BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - campaign_minute: Hillary Rodham Clinton made fun of herself Thursday, telling "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno she almost didn't make it to his studio.

"It is so great to be here, I was so worried I wasn't going to make it. I was pinned down by sniper fire," Clinton said after joining him onstage, referring to her claims—since disputed—that she dodged sniper bullets while arriving in Bosnia as first lady. Clinton later said she had "misspoke."

As she entered, Leno's band played the "Rocky" theme, jumping off her statement this week that she is the underdog in the Democratic nominating contest against Barack Obama, just like the fictitious boxer was against his opponent in the Oscar-winning movie.

"This has been such a mismatch of words and action," Clinton continued. "Obviously I've been so privileged to represent our country in more than 80 other countries, lots of war zones. I wrote about it in my book and obviously had a lapse. But here I am, safe and sound."

Leno asked how much sleep Clinton was getting. "Answering the phone at 3:00, that's gotta be tough," he joked, referring to her campaign commercials that ask which candidate would be the best prepared as president for middle-of-the-night emergencies.

"It happens every single night. Someone calls up and they have something to say. You've got to stop calling me," Clinton told Leno.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8VQQMVO0&show_article=1&image=large

//

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Much ado about nothing, I get all the news I need from TMZ..the Hollywood fascination continues..

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hillary says "she loves you." :rofl:

First there was "Desperate Housewives". Now we have "Desperate Candidates."

Sad, in both cases.

//

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Your imagination is a bit exaggerated, do not get any of this.. if McCain appears does he get the same air time here, or it a fascination with a woman who should be barefoot and pregnant... who gives an f about this kindof stuff.. gotta move on, just wasted 5 minutes of my time that I will never get back.

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Now, where's that violin music I had cued up just for you..... ??

:rofl:

See ya!!! Have no fear, though; it was time very well spent!! Bookmark this page!!

:singing:

//

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, I'm going easy on you. McCain did appear recently on Letterman. But instead of sucking up to the guy, the way Hillary was doing with Leno, McCain gave as good as he got!!

Letterman joked during his monologue that the senator from Arizona reminded him of “the guy at the hardware store who makes the keys” and of “the guy who can’t stop talking about how well his tomatoes are doing.”

After he added that McCain looked like “the guy who points out the spots they missed at the car wash,” the senator appeared on stage.

“You think that stuff’s pretty funny, don’t you?” McCain asked.

He tossed at Letterman: “Well, you look like a guy whose laptop would be seized by the authorities.”

McCain also said the host resembled the guy caught smuggling reptiles in his pants, to which Letterman replied, “Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it.”

The White House hopeful also compared Letterman to the manager of a creepy motel, the guy who enjoys watching his swim trunks inflate in a hot tub and the guy about whom neighbors later say, “He mostly kept to himself.”
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/01/mccain-jokes-with-letterman-on-late-show/

My kind of presidential material!!

[size=+3] Vote John McCain President 2008.
    John McCain: the right person for the job today.
    Thank you!! Have a nice day! :)
    [/size]

//

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008