PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Says the Balance of Power Has Shifted to NFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captadamnj

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Earlier this year, everyone was raving about the NFC East, the resurgence of the NFC South, the likely strong seasons of a couple teams in the NFC North and how the Cards and 'Hawks would be fighting for the NFC West. The AFC East was weak with the loss of Brady, and the Colts were done by week 8. "The balance of power has shifted" was the cry. But now look at the standings. From a mathematical perspective, the Vikes could win out and the Giants and Panthers could each lose their last 2. 11-5 would have the top 2 seeds in the NFC. The Pats, Ravens and either the Jests or Phish could win out and an 11-5 team would miss out on the playoffs in the AFC for the first time ever. (Not that I see either scenario playing out, Pats are going to the playoffs!) Anyone still think the balance of power has shifted?

Well, if we're just going by record here...

#1 Seed
12-2 Titans > 11-3 Giants
Advantage: AFC

#2 Seed
11-3 Steelers = 11-3 Panthers
Draw

#3 Seed
9-5 Jets = 9-5 Minnesota VIkings
Draw

#4 Seed
8-6 Broncos = 8-6 Cardinals
Draw

#5 Seed
10-4 Colts > 9-5 Cowboys
Advantage: AFC

#6 Seed
9-5 Ravens = 9-5 Buccaneers
Draw

It's funny, I brought up that question in preseason and after week one, and fans of NFC teams told me I was over reacting. Now for the last six or eight weeks they tell me how bad the AFC is - but with a little bit less conviction every Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back