PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who retiring will make you saddest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
A number of our dearest Pats are likely playing in one of their last seasons. Within two years, a number of them may not be with us anymore. Brown, Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, Harrison...

Who leaving will be saddest to you?

I've got to say that Rodney Harrison is my choice.... his energy and spirit is unparalleled, and the Pats are a very different team without him. After his fantastic season this year, I think odds are very good he at least comes back for one more. I also hope the day that Vrabel retires is many years from now....

A number of our dearest Pats are likely playing in one of their last seasons. Within two years, a number of them may not be with us anymore. Brown, Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, Harrison...

I've got to say that Rodney Harrison is my choice.... his energy and spirit is unparalleled, and the Pats are a very different team without him. After his fantastic season this year, I think odds are very good he at least comes back for one more. I also hope the day that Vrabel retires is many years from now....

No question that a buch of these 30-somethings are somewhere near their end with the Pats. However, knowing BB's penchant for smart, seasoned patriot-type guys, that if he thinks they are physically up to it, every single one of them is one the team in 2008.

Troy Brown, as he is my favorite player of all time.

Uh, besides Brady? I'd go with Harrison as well.

If we take it all this year I'd expect Brown, Bruschi and Seau to call it a career. Rodney has a couple years left.

Kevin Faulk would be a tough loss as well.

Last edited:
Peyton Manning...without him we wouldn't have all these great Manning vs. Brady threads/arguments. [jk] :D

imho Seau and Troy Brown will retire; Bruschi and Rodney another year ?

having said that, it will be sad to see them no more on the field with us

Troy Brown, without question. He, Brady, Bledsoe & Law are probably my four all-time favorites Pats.

At least with Brown though, this season has kind of been a transition, so he's gradually moving into retirement. I'd love to see him stick around with the Pats in some other role, but he's come out and send he doesn't have any interest in that.

Brown -- very likely to play again, but yeah, more than 2 years is unlikely
Seau -- loves the game, wouldn't necessarily quit after winning
Vrabel -- you gotta be kidding. He loves the game and is playing at a Pro Bowl level. He has a lot more than 2 years left.
Harrison -- not playing as well as Vrabel, but could be good for more than two years.
Colvin -- is a LOT more than 2 years from retiring, whether or not he stays with the Pats

Brown -- very likely to play again, but yeah, more than 2 years is unlikely
Seau -- loves the game, wouldn't necessarily quit after winning
Vrabel -- you gotta be kidding. He loves the game and is playing at a Pro Bowl level. He has a lot more than 2 years left.
Harrison -- not playing as well as Vrabel, but could be good for more than two years.
Colvin -- is a LOT more than 2 years from retiring, whether or not he stays with the Pats

They may not be playing for us................... but possibly playing somewhere. I'll answer the question differently........ Who could I stomach the least seeing them in another uniform others than the Patriots.

For me, no doubt Brown and Bruschi.

Don't want them to retire, but cannot stomach the thought of seeing them play anywhere but here.

By far I will miss Teddy Brushci the most. He's so inspiring and my second favorite patriot. I'll really miss him when it happens. Hopefully he'll finish on top by winning a fourth super bowl.

Last edited:
Bruschi will be the one for me. The little DE out of Arizona (who just happened to break the all-time NCAA sack record) that was too small for the NFL has made himself a name and a home in New England.

He is more than a great player - he is the fabric of what this organization is about.

As the Red Sox had their "Dirt Dog" in Trot Nixon, so do the Patriots have their "Full Tilt, Full Time" in Tedy.

He is one of us. Among us. When he hangs them up, there will be a lot of "brewskis" tilted in his honor!

Living in the present.

Bruschi leads the team in tackles. Harrison, Vrabel and Seau are having phenomenal years and appear as youthful as ever. I cannot wait to see them with their new bling.

Re: Living in the present.

Bruschi leads the team in tackles. Harrison, Vrabel and Seau are having phenomenal years and appear as youthful as ever. I cannot wait to see them with their new bling.

Agreed...why would they have to retire? Why not win two in a row...again?

I love all these guys...but Rodney's departure would bring a tear to my eye. I have great admiration for him as a man and as a player. Then Bruschi, I think, then Troy. Seau was an unexpected gift under the Christmas tree. I'm not as attached to Colvin and Vrabel isn't going anywhere.

I echo the sentiments for Bruschi. Not only has he been a great player he has always said with no uncertain terms he will never play for any other team. He epitomizes New England Patriot.

Bill Belichick.

I predict that Troy Brown and Jr Seau will retire after this season, especially if we win it all for Jr. If we don't he just might try to give it one more try.

Tedy and Harrison will play another year but probably as part-timers breaking in new players.

AD, Colvin, (after renegotiating), and Vrabes are here for year three or more....

I also want to remind everyone that we are paying Asante $8 million this year, and yet have spare money on the cap. It wouldn't take much more to pay him a big contract, and it might even be less than this year, with a long guaranteed deal.

Signing Karlos Dansby would certainly help rebuild the ILB and OLB situation as he has Patriot good size, has played both positions, and made the Pro Bowl as an ILB. He has versatility like Vrabel, AD, and Tedy, something that BB loves.

bruschi, harrison, vrabel in that order - sentimentally - not out of value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes