PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who retires a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who retires a Patriots?

On this note, put a little twist...Who do you think will return as asst. coaches?

Most likely none. Today's players make far more relatively speaking than their predicessors. They're set for life. If you read Pepper Johnson's book you'll realize that the Pats assistant coaches work from 7AM to 11PM, no weekends off with the family. Not many financially secure guys will decide to give up their personal life for that. You have to have football as a passion. Rodney Harrison loves football and has wisely set his sights on becomming a ref, post his playing career.

Brady will retire a 49er at about the age of 36 or so,I agree with the poster above,Playing for the 49ers I am sure is a secret of Brady since he attended so many niners games and idolized Montana,There has got to still be some love for that team in his heart.
Brady is currently signed through 2010, at which time he will be 33. I expect he will sign at least one more contract extension with the Pats which would keep him on the team for another 4 or more years after that. Then he'll retire. I don't see him going to the 49ers at all, any more than I see Bret Favre or Peyton Manning playing for the Saints.

Brady is currently signed through 2010, at which time he will be 33. I expect he will sign at least one more contract extension with the Pats which would keep him on the team for another 4 or more years after that. Then he'll retire. I don't see him going to the 49ers at all, any more than I see Bret Favre or Peyton Manning playing for the Saints.

If the Pats win 2 more SB's, maybe even one more, I see him moving on to prove he is not a product of the coach, team. I don't want to happen, actually the though of it makes me ill, but I can see it happening.

If the Pats win 2 more SB's, maybe even one more, I see him moving on to prove he is not a product of the coach, team. I don't want to happen, actually the though of it makes me ill, but I can see it happening.
If he wins 2 more Super Bowls he will have absolutely nothing left to prove, especially if he continues to put up numbers and breaks the TD record this season. He will go down in history as the greatest quarterback of all time.

If he wins 2 more Super Bowls he will have absolutely nothing left to prove, especially if he continues to put up numbers and breaks the TD record this season. He will go down in history as the greatest quarterback of all time.

Are people even making the system argument anymore? I mean, he's played for so many different coordinators... and that system has CHANGED a couple of times. In fact, the system they run now seems like a hybrid of 3 or 4 different systems. I think you could make the argument he's played in more systems than some guys.

Maybe that's not the popular take on this?

Brady will retire a 49er at about the age of 36 or so,I agree with the poster above,Playing for the 49ers I am sure is a secret of Brady since he attended so many niners games and idolized Montana,There has got to still be some love for that team in his heart.

i thought about that a little, but i think Brady embraces the fact that the Pats are "his" team. I think tere is something to be said for starting, writing and finishing his own legend. just my opinion.

I think its impossible to forecast this.

I agree, and this is the by far the best response on this thread.

Its a forgotten fact that a player's loyalty to a team is now a thing of the past. Heck, I thought Willie McGinest would retire a Patriot... look where he's at now.

Given at this point, I would say Tedy Bruschi and Troy Brown are the only home-grown Patriots to very probably retire here... likely at the end of this year.

I do hope Brady retires a Patriot also, but there are no promises. A QB like any other football player has that mentality that they can still play in this league forever. If years from now when Brady's skills have declined and the Pats show him the door, there will be another team like the 49ers will pick him up in a heartbeat... and when that team finds out that Brady is indeed done, that will be his last season in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes