PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who retires a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Just for fun....what players do you think will retire (be lifers) a Patriot?

I would have to say Bruschi, Vrabel, Brady, Brown and Seymor off the top of my head.....who else?

Re: Who retires a Patriots?

Hopefully #81

I would have to say Bruschi, Vrabel, Brady, Brown and Seymor off the top of my head.....who else?
Vrabel was not originally a Patriot.

Vrabel was not originally a Patriot.

I know...i guess i should have said "retire or be a lifer"...or maybe i should have just said retire...man waiting for Sunday is making me stupid.

I would bet that Light, Mankins, and Koppen all retire Pats, as well as the front 3 on defense. Our front office knows the importance of the trenches.

On this note, put a little twist...Who do you think will return as asst. coaches?

Well, it don't grow on a rolling stone.

I don't think Seymour will. Just a hunch.

I think its impossible to forecast this. Simply because, at the end of a player's career, he might not have a spot on the team, but he might still be willing to play elsewhere.

Its not just about a player's desire to end their career with the team, and a team's desire to 'honor' the player.

For instance, if Troy Brown wants to play next year; the only way he does might be on another team.

Last edited:
Assuming "lifer" means Patriot for entire career:

Tom Brady
Troy Brown
Tedy Bruschi
Kevin Faulk
Stephen Gostkowski
Ellis Hobbs
Matt Light
Lonie Paxton
Benjamin Watson

These are just wild guesses for the most part

Last edited:
I could envision the following players retiring after this season with another Super Bowl Championship:

Tedy Bruschi
Junior Seau
Rodney Harrison

Brady leaves after his contract and plays 1-2 seasons with the 9ers. I've always believed that! It will happen!

Brady will retire a 49er at about the age of 36 or so,I agree with the poster above,Playing for the 49ers I am sure is a secret of Brady since he attended so many niners games and idolized Montana,There has got to still be some love for that team in his heart.

Adam Vinatieri for sure.

I don't think Seymour will. Just a hunch.

Agreed. I dont think Seymour will retire here.

Brady
Bruschi
Brown
Light
Faulk

Those are the first players who come to mind for me.

I would bet that Light, Mankins, and Koppen all retire Pats, as well as the front 3 on defense. Our front office knows the importance of the trenches.

That is hands down the most important aspect of the game and that has been the main constant on the Patriots team this decade. Light, Mankins Copper, Warren, Wilfork and Seymour seem like they've been there forever.

Brady will retire a 49er at about the age of 36 or so,I agree with the poster above,Playing for the 49ers I am sure is a secret of Brady since he attended so many niners games and idolized Montana,There has got to still be some love for that team in his heart.

Do you think he'll be in any way effective at that point?

Do you think he'll be in any way effective at that point?

Why not!
Look at Farve, Elway, even Young. They were pretty productive at that age.

as long as TB gets another ring and maybe one for the thumb before his contract is up, i won't care. but, i do believe that he will take a big contract somewhere else when this one expires. i think it will either be with a team that is underperforming economically in its local market or a team that is having trouble putting fannies in seats, for whom a silly salary for brady would be worth it. i don't see him going to SF, or anywhere, as a backup. i also don't think he'll wait for his skills to decline before he retires. he'll retire a starter on top of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes