PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who plays RT when Light returns?

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So no need to re-hash, we all saw Kaczur get abused late in the game by Mathis. Probably the most disappointing individual performance of the game.

Anyway, let's look on the bright side ...

Vollmer pretty much answered all doubts with this performance vs. Freeney (had the Pats won, this would have been one of the major headlines) and hopefully Light will be returning soon.

So .....

When Light gets back, who plays RT? Does Light go back to LT and Vollmer shifts to RT? Does Vollmer move back to the bench and OL returns to status quo? Or does Vollmer stay at LT and Light moves to RT?

The tackle who signed a four-year, $16M extension on August 24, 2009.

At this point, I think Vollmer has locked down the LT job for the forseeable future (read: years).

Last edited:
Nick Kaczur. This forum needs some perspective, sheesh. O-Lineman don't get benched for one rough game against an elite rusher.

Ditto. Matt Light.

Nick Kaczur. This forum needs some perspective, sheesh. O-Lineman don't get benched for one rough game against an elite rusher.

lol he can schooled in the super bowl as well. If VOllmer starts at LT, then where does Light go? You either put Vollmer at LT and Light at RT or keep Light at LT and insert Vollmer at RT.

Light is older than Kaczur by a year and is better. I think we try to work with a 6 man rotation when we can.....Maybe Kaczur moves to Guard while Neal goes next season and we work Light to the RT position. I think Neal is good though. (is he franchise tag material?).

Last edited:
I would be shocked if BB doesn't find a place for both light and vollmer in the starting lineup when light comes back. As to which side, who knows.

Vollmer and Light WILL be on the OL starting when Light returns,Neal was injured...did not see him back in the game?

Anyone who thinks Kaczur should be a starter needs their head examined. The guy flat out sucks. Gets abused way more than people realize. Thank god for Vollmer!

Anyone who thinks Kaczur should be a starter needs their head examined. The guy flat out sucks. Gets abused way more than people realize. Thank god for Vollmer!

*God
Kaczur is good. Yesterday was his first bad game and Mathis is no joke either.

Light to Right Tackle
Kaczur to the bench

*God
Kaczur is good. Yesterday was his first bad game and Mathis is no joke either.

If anything, I think Light moves to Guard. Why anyone believes he can just scoot on over to RT is beyond me.

Last edited:
I know the guys from Canada ;), and he is good. I think Light would be an upgrade with NK as a quality backup.

Last edited:
Even with a great performance against Freeney, I am still not convinced that Vollmer keeps the full-time LT position until next season. My guess is that the Pats might use a three man rotation of Light, Vollmer, and Kazcur to keep all fresh.

One thing is for sure, the Pats are in a good position when Light can play. They have three starting quality tackles.

If anything, I think Light moves to Guard. Why anyone believes he can just scoot on over to RT is beyond me.

Tough to teach an old dog new tricks. Makes more sense to send Vollmer to the right side probably.

I think he can work on it at practice and in the offseason. if it doesn't work then we move to plan B. Kaczur has played Guard before...Kaczur just signed an extension. What do we do with either of them? Vollmer to RT?

I think Kaczur is a future guard when Neal moves on or if they cannot resign Mankins. In the mean time he's a backup when Light returns.

I just don't understand the analysis here? Do you really believe Kaczur got owned by Mathis? REALLY? We scored 34 points and Brady threw for over 300 yards. It's difficult for me to see how you can accept that as truth as well the idea that our RT is a turnstyle.

I guess we'll see what BB decides, but if I was a bettin' man, I'd lay money on NO change at RT.

Vollmer is playing too good to be benched right now. I hope he stays at LT and we try out Light at RT temporarily, see how it goes. Try moving Kaczur inside, both Mankins and Neal are FA's. If we can beat the Jets and Fins that about wraps up the division, we have time to experiment. Unless the Bengals lose a couple and we beat NO, it's doubtful we will get the bye.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back