Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who pays for this? I'm asking

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is the theme of our governmental culture these days.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

I'm unsure of what you mean by the "it" in "who pays for it?"

Do you mean who pays the artists? It looks like the artists volunteer - all the articles I could find seemed to say there's an overabundance of volunteers - it's free publicity and great PR and some of them even think it's an honor to be chosen.

The cost of throwing a small party for those invited to come listen to the artists perform, that I don't know.
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

The "it" would be the cost to throw all these parties. There are people working, a room to decorate and set up, staff to coordinate, food to buy, security to hire, etc. Who pays for this stuff? Why does the gubmit need to throw musical parties on the taxpayers dime? Apparently this has been going on since the 1800's, so it's not a specific problem I have with one person. I'd love to see how many millions are wasted on crap like this annually. Oh, and you know they aren't ordering pizza's, or serving hotdogs and beans.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

He has an expense account, for all this stuff... believe he wanted to "open" the white house again to various genres of music, no issue here... it is one of the perks of the office.

Here is the info from Wikipedia.. the only source I can find.. not sure if the money comes out of this account, or if there are other accounts..

President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

50,000, What the hell is that gonna get you? Oh yeah, not much. I'm pretty sure we are paying bill.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Not arguing for or against, except I know this stuff has been going on for quite a long time... this is in a somewhat different format.
  8. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Once we stopped following the delegated powers listed in the US Constitution it really doesn't matter any more.

I agree with Dr. Walter Williams in this month's Imprimus by Hillsdale College: seventy-five percent or more of taxation is theft.Taking from the productive and given to the more numerous improvident and lazy.

Democracy is propelled by envy, doncha know. Bertrand Russell said something very similar to this.
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Funny how you only bring this up when Obama is President.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

That entertainment is not for what's being done here. That expense account is most likely an account he can use to pay for a dinner with an associate, or taking a client out to a ball game. The parties are something totally different.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I guess I should have waited a few more years to post this, after seeing the article just yesterday. :rolleyes: My bad MaMaMaMav. :p
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Ya...but you KNOW you posted it because you're anti-Obama and racist....you sob!!!:mad: You should have added that tax dollars shouldn't pay for any rap music at these events....not because of it's cultural nature but because it's not even MUSIC!!! :p
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Rap's music for sure man. I like a lot of rap. I don't condone some of the lyrics, or the culture being promoted (generally speaking), but I do enjoy it. I grew up on it living where I lived, and still listen to it now.