Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who Needs The Media? Liberals Do Of Course!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 5, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Let's see if Liberals understand logic...we'll try..but if it's not in the media...well you know...it doesn't exist.

1: Zarqawi is killed ... ... He was given up because he had his own agenda.

2: OBL and Co. suddenly appear in the media again...what a coincidence.

3: Sectarian violence reaches new peaks in Iraq
    .....The Taliban take advantage of armed transfer in Afghanistan.
    .....Hizbollah provokes Israel into a war.
    .....Pakistan wasn't really chasing the Taliban were they?
    .....Iran flexes it's muscles
    .....North Korea is developing missles with Iran it is learned.

Indonesia for example and other contries Muslim's are angry.

Well now...what a coincidence...all these things happen at the same time...who woulda' thunk it???

If I didn't know any better I'd say someone was losing and got very desperate. I'd the say the old leader (Zarqawi) was failing and the new leader(s) do not want to lose.

But...fear not liberal posters sanity is here to tie it all in.

1- Condoleeza Rice is the problem...she is a woman.
    2- Bush is the problem...he has a vendetta and is dumb.
    3- YouTube has tied it all together...it is the republicans fault.

In all my 47 years of life...I never, ever saw the winning side get desperate. Not in politics...not in sports...not anywhere.

So are things falling apart or are some people getting desperate.

Me...I vote for #2...because I don't need liberal media morons telling me how to think...I can add 2 + 2 myself.
    I get 4...Liberals are getting 3....time to connect the dots...the NYT & YouTube will help you. :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

WHAT? Whats going on? NEM keeps telling us that the media is ultra conservative....not just conservative, but ULTRA-conservative. Are you trying to tell us that NEM is off his rocker?

(PS...sarcasm is in the "ON" position)

3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love how the media is all up in arms in the crucifixion of Mel Gibson for making anti-semitic remarks but then couldnt care less that rocket after rocket is being lobbed into Israeli cities.

They only care what you SAY about Jews, not what you DO to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  4. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What are you talking about, Turd? Where do you get all your information about those rockets falling on Israeli cities? Could it be, now don't tell me, is it possible, no hints please, could you be getting your information from The Media?

Tell me it ain't so, Turd.

5. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you believe if mel was in london saying that comment, like another group of entertainers who were in london 3 years ago.....That the liberal media would have played those 30 second comment back in the states, and millions of liberals would have mel gibson dvd burning parties across america...And clearchannel independently owned stations woul pull mels work from the viewing audience...FOR 3 years.. And no stop debates on political mediums..Just to teach him a lesson about free speech????????????????????

I will wait for your reply with patience.

6. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah...and not a peep from the media when Al Sharpton makes a racial slur against the jews...hmmm I wonder why?

7. Zuma

Zuma Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The heck with the media. Who needs free speech anyway?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 11 / -10

F.B.N. Your post is incoherent, but it's generated discussion nonetheless. Wonder what that tells us?

9. Mainefan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How did you find out about Sharpton's remark, ELO? Don't tell me you read it or saw it in....The Media.

10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Patters...never let it be said you are not intelligent. You get it...your opinions...well :confused: ...but you get it. The post is forcing the media driven liberals to think. We have some good thinking liberals here...and then we have the few media driven ones that need to learn to connect the dots...You would never, ever see an article in the media tying things all together like that...it would require to many talking points.

I remember when we would discuss issues here...I enjoyed it. Coming to this site is like entering a courtroom all the time. That's not so bad...but some posters really believe proof of guilt and/or innocence is possible...forget about it. Politics as we all know is fluid and many decisions are never finalized...they all morph into alterior phases.

However...all I am saying is there is plenty of blame to go around...no question...but isn't there always? We are human and that means mistakes are inherent. We have 2 marvelous sides of our brain...but nature forgot the conduits for all the connections.

Regardless of your opinion or anyone else's opinion. Think about it for a moment...who in their right mind would think there isn't a power play going on here?

What to do about it is the major problem...but they are not happy because they are losing. The Muslim brotherhood has not risen to the occaison they expected...desperation has set in.

11. Mainefan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

FBN, all of the things you cite have been developing, at different speeds and in different ways, for anywhere from five to 15 years. Some are loosely connected, some of these events have actually caused others of these events.

But I think you're suggesting that there's some kind of secret conspiracy here. It's not a secret. It's a movement. It's in the open, the wide open. There's no mystery about it and it's not that hard to understand why these things have been happening.

Now, please, may I deal with some of your ludicrous misconceptions about the liberals? The fact that Condi Rice is a woman has nothing whatever to do with whether or not she is a good Secretary of State. Remember, Madeline Albright is also a woman, a Democrat and a liberal.

When we find fault with George Bush, and we certainly do, it isn't because he has a bad haircut or talks funny. It isn't even because he's a Republican or a Conservative. It's because we think he has done and is doing things that HARM our country.

I'm not talking about general stupidity and I'm certainly not talking about vendettas. I'm talking about relaxing the rules on the environment, encouraging religious encroachment into government, favoring the rich over the poor, showing contempt for our allies, calling our enemies names and being unwilling even to speak with them. This is the short list. I could quadruple it without breaking a sweat.

In the election of 2000, I wasn't all that disturbed that Gore lost. Disappointed, yes, but not devastated. After all, the new President was George Bush. He would be like his father, cautious, measured, intelligent, respectful, willing to see someone else's point of view, obedient to law and tradition. That's who I though we were getting.

But that's not who we got. We got the great divider, the true believer, the man who communicates directly with God, the man who goes deaf when someone disagrees with him. We got a human being who never should have been President of the United States. Not a bad man, mind you, just the wrong man for the job.

By the way, I can't say if Gore or Kerry were the right men for the job, either of them. There's no way to run a controlled experiment. But I know for sure that George W. Bush was the wrong man.

12. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Oh please, all three cable networks have talked non-stop about the missles. Get a grip.

13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

George Bush has dealt with the greatest threats to America ever...not even Japan was such a threat. Japan wanted us in the war...Extremist Muslims want the world. Bush did not create this...nor tdid Clinton, Reagan or anyone else. It's a factor of how we have evolved and how Islam has evolved.

I'm rather neutral on Bush but I end up defending him very often. because in my mind...how much help has America given him. The great John Kennedy asked "What you can do for your country? Liberals don't want to do anything for their country when a republican is the President.

No President should have so much responsibility in a democracy...we have too many lazy Americans who like powerfull Presidents and then they tear them apart...a central theme of mine so it's best I stop here.

I am too old fashioned for this current society. I believe we should all chip in and we should help before we criticize...Read the threads here MaineFan...If I was an alien and came here to learn about humans I would say this species needs to be eliminated. They have a great life...one of the best in the world and their favorite pastime is to complain.

14. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you! Liberals...pay attention to this. read and re-read this statement, maybe you will finally get it.....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  15. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, all we see are what the Israelis have dropped onto Lebanon. We see little snippets of what Hezbollah did but otherwise the media is anti-Israeli.

Mel Gibson says bad things about the jews = BAD

Iran's PRESIDENT says Israel should be wiped off the map = Shrugs shoulders

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Dumb media...we have tank shells more accurate than Katushya missles. Why would any country have Katushya missles for self defense??? Targeted bombs are bad...katushyas are good...rump swab media blowhards.

17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think they sell Katushya's at the firework stores in NH. They're right next to the Roman candles.

18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Tell that to the families of the Israeli's killed by them.

19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I was talking jokingly about how easy it is to get them. I can't even make a joke about cheap, low-tech rockets that the animals are using? Jeeeez! Besides, it would be hard to talk to Israelis because we speak different languages, and besides, they'd think I'm a Jew-hater because I don't back Israel no matter how carefully they murder children, unlike Hezbollah, who randomly and sloppily murder children.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Sorry I mistook your comments.