PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who needs a good belly laugh? Brad Childress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except you can't project a full season from 5 games. Do you expect Carlos Pena or Carlos Quentin to hit 75 home runs this year because they've hit 7 or 8 in 18 games?

Math is hard.

5 games is well over a quarter of a college season which is plenty enough to project from.

Football isn't baseball.

I find it amazing as I read through this forum as no one...has mentioned that this could have been remotely possible.

I did. Page one.

It's probably true but it is ******ed of Childress to say that this was a cat and mouse game.

It's funny that to me it comes across that he realized he screwed up with the pick and that the story is really his way to explain why he got Harvin...the more he stands behind it the more he sounds like a total moron.

Brad Childress was out of line (again) talkling about what other teams were interested in/trying to do in the draft. There was nothing wrong at all with Childress claiming Garrett Mills a few years ago, but there was something wrong with him detailing his conversation with Belichick on the radio.

Pats play the Vikings in 2010 and I have a feeling BB hopes Childress is still coaching so he can give a major beatdown..............

I don't see how this could be considered so far fetched? I mean we did draft Brandon Tate the very next day. So I'd say it's highly possible we were looking at Percy Harvin at #23.

5 games is well over a quarter of a college season which is plenty enough to project from.

No, its not.

Five games in, Matt Cassel had thrown 3 TDs, 4INTs, and been sacked 19 times.

Did Cassel end up with a 10 TD, 13INT, 61 Sack season?

No, its not.

Projections are just that, projections. They aren't iron clad prophecies. A quarter of anything is enough to project from.

You're just pissy because you want things to be one way when you are arguing for them and another way when you aren't. Deal with it.

BTW—amazingly Tim Graham on FehSPN.com came up with a new point about Harvin:

Thanks for stopping by, Zack. I'm not so sure Brad Childress swiped Harvin from the Patriots, but it was interesting to hear Childress crow about it. And I agree with your statement that, if Childress is correct, he coach-blocked Harvin from joining one of the most prolific pass offenses in NFL history. I wonder how thrilled Harvin was about that.

If that's true, Harvin must be f'ing thrilled to be catching passes from Tarvaris Jackson instead of Tom Brady.

It is what it is.. a function of the bored and idle press.. lets wash the balls of Brad Childress.. most Minny fans I know, really hate their coach.

My boss is from Minnesota and he says the ONLY reason Childress wasn't fired last year was the Vikes snuck into the playoffs. The fans wanted his head big-time.

My boss is from Minnesota and he says the ONLY reason Childress wasn't fired last year was the Vikes snuck into the playoffs. The fans wanted his head big-time.

Isn't he going year by year now with his contract?

wait a minute, Wait a Minute, WAIT A MINUTE!

Yesterday my boss said something to me about "he heard the Pats were all mad that the Vikings took Percy Harvin before they could." I had to ask him about something work-related so I just said that what I heard was they were mad about the Chargers taking some guy named English and changed the subject to the work thing. This report must have been what he was talking about.

But yeah, Childress having a thing against Belichick is pretty silly considering they're in different conferences. I was at that game in '06 and let me tell you, the Pats treated the Vikes like red-headed stepchildren.

And something else I'll tell you, Vikings fans are real arse-holes. It's one thing to be a homer, but it's another to talk smack about a team that's won three recent Super Bowls when your team is 0-4 and hasn't been to a Super Bowl since the Carter Administration. (Or was it Gerald Ford?)

Yesterday my boss said something to me about "he heard the Pats were all mad that the Vikings took Percy Harvin before they could."

The Jets made a big fuss about grabbing Robertson before us, look how that turned out.

The Jets made a big fuss about grabbing Robertson before us, look how that turned out.

Heck, I remember the New York analysts claiming that the JEST got one over on the Pats by taking Gholston, too. . . . :)

All I mean to say is this thread is full of people saying....Wow BB really screwed with them, and frankly, we don't and can't know that. We have no idea if that actually weighed on the decision of the Vikes. Childress said we could have taken them but that easily could have been to justify his pick more than anything based in fact.

I guess this is my long winded way of saying I think the conversation would have been better if we analyzed and talked about the merits of taking him 23, the merits of trading up to get him, whether or not he fits the system...etc.

The thread is about what an idiot Childress is, how he obsesses about BB and how BB pays no attention to him.

This is the 23rd pick fer crissake.:rolleyes:

I liked this comment:

And this one:
God I hope nobody outside this state reads this article. Makes us look like bush league idiots. Want to know why the rest of the nation cracks on us for our intelligence and naivity? Why Hollywood makes movies like Fargo? Because of the moronic drivel spewed by Sid, Chilly, and a large number of my fellow fans. How amateur is it that our goals revolve around outsmarting Belichek (an AFC coach) and winning a "division title". Yep. I'm willing to bet the Pats organization wishes they could be just like us. They need to start by throwing away their championships then. As for the cat and mouse game, there was an article on the Trib site just last week stating that Professor Chilly was visiting this dope-head. The only team to show their hand worse was Detroit, and that's because they owned the top pick and signed Stafford before the draft. God Chilly is an idiot. Harvin would have fallen to the 2nd round (most likely to us) and my guess is that Reid and Belichick baited Chilly into a reach. dumb dumb dumb. And we are idiots for constantly eating this crap.

Sweet................

No, its not.

You need to just stop. You are getting pretty much owned in this debate. Did you even watch Tate last year at UNC? You seem to just be looking at the stats. If you watched him last year, you would know he was one of the most dynamic players in college football both as a WR and a KR. Im not saying he is as good as Harvin but i would definitely take our draft haul of brace, chung, butler, vollmer and tate over Harvin any day.

Projections are just that, projections. They aren't iron clad prophecies. A quarter of anything is enough to project from.

You're just pissy because you want things to be one way when you are arguing for them and another way when you aren't. Deal with it.

Actually, from those two posts, Synovia put out factual data and you answered with non-sequitors.

In the words of BB "It is what it is".

At least the poster before this post actually put forth an argument to rebut Synovia's point.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Such language will not be tolerated here! :enranged:

EDIT: It looks likes you wanted to post an image, but it didn't take...if it was Childress please don't, I'm already ill. :eek:

Last edited:

Attachments

• BradBuzzard.jpg
    BradBuzzard.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back