PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who needs a good belly laugh? Brad Childress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to the article below, that pinnacle of coaching success, the ever popular and always amazing Brad Childress, beat BB to Percy Harvin.

Patriots, others were hoping to land Harvin

I found the article amusing for Childress puffing out his chest and doing his 'me draft like Tarzan, coach like Jane' bit for the papers, but reading the comments was priceless. Enjoy.

Last edited:
It is what it is.. a function of the bored and idle press.. lets wash the balls of Brad Childress.. most Minny fans I know, really hate their coach.

It is what it is.. a function of the bored and idle press.. lets wash the balls of Brad Childress.. most Minny fans I know, really hate their coach.
As I noted, the comments are hilarious.

I'm thinking that "players" like Childress and Al Davis really make this Draft "poker game" a lot of fun for the likes of BB and Andy Reid!!!!

Good find Box, thanks for the laugh!

As I noted, the comments are hilarious.

Un f***** believable. Paranoia, envy and idiocy combine.

It was the strawberries. Oh they denied it, but I proved with geometric logic that Belichick stole the strawberries. They laughed at me.......

Putting aside all the possible problems with this, do you really think at pick 23 the Patriots promise to pick a certain player?

Wow!!

I'm sure Box gets the Queeg Childress allusion, but here's the classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgeQmzV9kk

Last edited:
When Brad Childress gets a QB, call me up...

Great find, BOR. That was a nice little pick me up for Monday morning.

Question, though...WHY does Childress dislike BB so much? It seems like every year he's making some dumb comment or another about him. Is it just because of the Monday Night whooping we put on them a few years ago, or is there something more?

This comment was the best (IMO)

Wow, chilly got a small willy or something?

I mean, what's up with the constant competition vs. bill belicheat, who say what you will about him, WINS. Why is chilly always crowing about how he pulled off some mastermind kungfu action to thwart the patriots, who barely realize we exist?

:yeahthat: So true.

Childress is the very definition of doing less with more.

I pulled this quote from the comments section...

"Why is chilly always crowing about how he pulled off some mastermind kungfu action to thwart the patriots, who barely realize we exist?"

Cracked me up.:singing:

What a tool if you finish worse than us you draft ahead of us, /sarcasm did you see the way Martin Mayhew of Detoit stole Matt Stafford from Everyone OMG he is a heck of a GM!!!!

Chad O'Shea, who was a Vikings offensive assistant for three years before joining the New England Patriots as their wide receivers coach in February, might have inadvertently helped Minnesota get Florida wide receiver Percy Harvin with the 22nd overall pick in the first round of the NFL draft.

Heck, for all we know, this was BB punking Childress again.

BOR, thanks for the good laugh on my Monday morning and Brad Clueless live up to his name:D:D

I am pretty sure that BB is also having a great laugh this morning over the whole thing. Childress said that BB thought that they were not going to take him??? They have no receivers and many of us in our mocks had Harvin going to Minny because they have just Berrian to throw the ball to their.

I really do not like the Loadholt pick, I really think that this guy is going to be a huge....literary bust IMO. I just did not like him at the Senior Bowl and find him Lazy and Lethargic....maybe a good RT for Minny to fill a need but he is a couple of years away from contributing IMO.

I give Minnys draft a (C-) Harvin is unbelievably talented. Based on that alone, he should have been a first-round pick. However, he comes with a ton of baggage. He has major durability issues. He has an injury history. He's a raw receiver who played in a system that proves that it doesn't translate well to the NFL. They grow pretty good weed in the MidWest so that will be a problem as well.

Again BB is just laughing at this whole article...with his new receiver coach.

Last edited:
My favorite comment:

The football field is a canvas and Childress is an artist. Harvin is just a new color of paint to be added to the masterpiece. Heck, if the defense scores a TD every week, we'll average over 20 ppg.

Harvin is a good player though and it could be true. We did draft Tate later.

I think BB liked Harvin, but if he really wanted him, he would have jumped over Minnie or Philly. Both teams needed WRs, so it's not crazy to believe that either team would take him.

We did also take Tate, but that was in the 3rd round, not the 1st. No doubt we would have taken Harvin at 34 if he was there some how though.

I'm thinking that "players" like Childress and Al Davis really make this Draft "poker game" a lot of fun for the likes of BB and Andy Reid!!!!

Good find Box, thanks for the laugh!

You left out "Snyderatto" in DC! :D

Great find, BOR. That was a nice little pick me up for Monday morning.

Question, though...WHY does Childress dislike BB so much? It seems like every year he's making some dumb comment or another about him. Is it just because of the Monday Night whooping we put on them a few years ago, or is there something more?

2-3 years ago (the same season we played Minny in Minny) before the season, BB set Childress on fire for some FA transactional move on a player whom I forgot. It was a big to-do for Childress at the time and he complained bitterly during some preseason press conference.

I think it all started there. I'm not sure who the player was, or whether it had to do with an oral agreement to make a trade, etc. Anyone remember?

2-3 years ago (the same season we played Minny in Minny) before the season, BB set Childress on fire for some FA transactional move on a player whom I forgot. It was a big to-do for Childress at the time and he complained bitterly during some preseason press conference.

I think it all started there. I'm not sure who the player was, or whether it had to do with an oral agreement to make a trade, etc. Anyone remember?

If I remember correctly, the Patriots were trying to get a tight end () to the practice squad and something happened when BB asked for amounted to a "professional courtesy"

If I can remember the name I'll post it later.

SSDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye