PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who makes the team that is a shocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
In regards to Patriots64 thread on who gets cut that is a shocker, my question to all of you is who makes the team that is a shocker?

I'm going with Mike Richardson. During the recent passing camp, he was mentioned as practising well in the secondary especially against Moss. I don't think Lua making the team will be a shock, from what I am reading they (coaches) like his attitude and motor.

It will be a shock to me if Washington makes the team.

I need to preface this by defining "making the team" as earning a slot on the rotational roster between the Practice Squad and Shadow Roster. With that said, the potential shockers (as of June):

LS Tony Case - Lonie Paxton remains Mr. Dependable, though Case offers depth on the O-line.
P Tom Malone - The Punter's duel looks to be between Josh Miller and Danny Baugher, based on Baugher's more consistent NFLE performance to date.
G/C Gene Mruczkowski - Eugene is a lock for the shadow roster if no one else decides to try him on for size.

Kids like CB Mike Richardson, CB Waju Anam, and LB Kyle Bissinger all seem to have the tools to make the Practice Squad, or at least rotate between the P-Squad and Shadow Roster depending on team needs.

what is the shadow roster thought it was the 53 on the field and 8 practice squad?

what is the shadow roster thought it was the 53 on the field and 8 practice squad?
Guys that practice all summer on the 80-man roster, but don't qualify for the practices squad (vets, etc) and that no one else wants, we would cut and no one would pick them up. a few weeks later we would pick them up if needed (ken walter, patrick pass, hank poteat) or late in the season when it was time to build a playoff roster (vinny teteverde, jj stokes, dedrick ward).

Manuel Tellitue (spelling) was signed and cut by the pats over 20 times.

Basically, it is guys that are not good enough to make the team in September, guys no one else is likely to sign, but useful as a mid-season replacement because they familiar with your system.

Mangini and Crennel signed some of our shadow roster, I think.

gamera13.jpg

It will be a shock to me if Washington makes the team.

As it will be to many. IMO, he will make the team, due to his down-field blocking ability.

There is no way Randy Moss makes this team.

In regards to Patriots64 thread on who gets cut that is a shocker, my question to all of you is who makes the team that is a shocker?

I'm going with Mike Richardson. During the recent passing camp, he was mentioned as practising well in the secondary especially against Moss. I don't think Lua making the team will be a shock, from what I am reading they (coaches) like his attitude and motor.

Not a bad follow up post Ca #1

In my opinion the shocker on who makes the team would be Artrell Hawkins..I assume he is on the roster right now but for how he played in the Colts AFCCG left me thinking this is probably his last game as a Patriot,although many patriot defensive players sucked that last quarter as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back