PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is your (realistic) Binky for the Patriots at 29?

My binkies are OL Joel Bitonio and S Deone Buchannon.

Buchannon most of all. #29 is probably too early for him, but I really doubt he'll be there for our 2nd round pick. I won't be totally shocked if we took him @ #29. I think he fits that well.
You're definitely not the only one. The one thing that Pryor has by leaps and bounds over Bucannon is that he takes better angles to the ball than Bucannon does. That was a similar issue to what Steve Gregory had though, obviously Bucannon is a more ferocious hitter and is more athletic than Gregory is. Like Manx, I would not take Bucannon before the 2nd, though the Pats may need to grab him at 29 if they want him or with a high 2nd if they trade down. Highly doubt he'll be there at 62.

You're definitely not the only one. The one thing that Pryor has by leaps and bounds over Bucannon is that he takes better angles to the ball than Bucannon does. That was a similar issue to what Steve Gregory had though, obviously Bucannon is a more ferocious hitter and is more athletic than Gregory is. Like Manx, I would not take Bucannon before the 2nd, though the Pats may need to grab him at 29 if they want him or with a high 2nd if they trade down. Highly doubt he'll be there at 62.

Just had a real thought that he's going to be our first pick. The measurables are just so good and as far as I know, his intangibles off the field are too. There are quite a few other names I'd prefer but I'd certainly want Bucannon over Pryor (sorry Kontra, he's another we disagree on).

Just had a real thought that he's going to be our first pick. The measurables are just so good and as far as I know, his intangibles off the field are too. There are quite a few other names I'd prefer but I'd certainly want Bucannon over Pryor (sorry Kontra, he's another we disagree on).

I think I read somewhere that Deone Bucannon is really smart, too. But, can we handle having a Bucannon and a Buchanan?

Just read about how THE Ohio State organisation absolutely loved Shazier. I am wanting him bad right now. hopefully Meyer has passed on that strength of feeling to BB (along with Guiton). I would rather give up a pick to trade up for Shazier than go for the 3-tech because Shazier and Collins, by playing together will get just as much pressure on opposing backfields than any 3-tech will. But Shazier also provides the speed to protect this team against the 3rd and longs we were so poor at defending last season.

I see it almost as the exact opposite. I would be higher on Pryor except I've seen film where Pryor frequently takes bad angles. Then I see Buchannon and he's almost always in the perfect place at the right time (save once or twice where the "bad angle" rap was spot on and I'm hoping that can be coached).

My dream scenario is we trade down to 33-40 and take Buchannon. But if no trade downs are available I'd take him @ 29 for fear I'd miss out on him.

But don't misunderstand me. If either Pryor or Buchannon is in a Pats uni by the weekend I'm doing a happy dance. :D

Last edited:
Just read about how THE Ohio State organisation absolutely loved Shazier. I am wanting him bad right now. hopefully Meyer has passed on that strength of feeling to BB (along with Guiton). I would rather give up a pick to trade up for Shazier than go for the 3-tech because Shazier and Collins, by playing together will get just as much pressure on opposing backfields than any 3-tech will. But Shazier also provides the speed to protect this team against the 3rd and longs we were so poor at defending last season.

Kenny Guiton would be a fine backup selection in my opinion. My concern is that we're not the only ones who feel that way, and I don't know if they'd spend a selection on taking him late. Guiton with a 7th would work.

Shazier just isn't going to get past ARZ or CIN in my opinion. Lots of rumors linking him to ARZ at 20, and CIN would have a nice pairing with Shazier on the other side of Burfict.

I think we have to hope that Shazier gets past ARZ (who maybe takes a QB), CIN (who maybe takes a CB), and that a run of WRs starts. If that happens, we have a chance.

Grants to those who called Easley. Clearly Belichick agrees with you.

My binkie was Su'a Filo, but just shows what I know.

Easley & those knees should've been nobody's binkie at 29.

Easley & those knees should've been nobody's binkie at 29.

Well, he was mine, so obviously you think I have no idea what I'm doing. Insult taken. I'll be happy to check back in a few years.

Well, he was mine, so obviously you think I have no idea what I'm doing. Insult taken. I'll be happy to check back in a few years.

Ah, don't worry. The Captain is ... um, the Captain.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back