PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Is Your Favorite Player In The 2015 NFL Draft ?

Pat Kirwin on one of my favourites:

I've watched Grady Jarrett enough to know he's very good but after talking w/him he has all the intangibles and a top 3 tech in the draft

It's Leonard Williams. If i can take anyone he's the guy. Interesting question though and worth looking at who you would take in what order if they dropped.

Last edited:
DJ Humphries from Florida. I think he is the best OT in this draft and is steadily moving his way up the board. Unfortunately that has taken him out of range for the Pats and I think he will end up in the top 15 on draft day, maybe top 10.

The other guy I love is Jalston Fowler from Alabama. With the development of Devlin he isn't a need, but I think he is going to be a very handy player in the NFL

Two best players to me are Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper.

My fav players that are realistic options for the Pats in the first round are Kendricks, Goldman and Irving.

A player that I just like a lot is Nick O'leary.

Pat Kirwin on one of my favourites:
I watched him yesterday for the first time and posted on twitter how much I enjoyed his tape. I worry about him and Easley being too similar, but he is on my list for one of the most impressive players on tape.

Nick Marshall would be obtainable.

Brandon Scherff would be......yeah. Wish list but won't be there.

Todd Gurley, I think he has Adrian Petersen type talent, without the whole kid beating thing.

I think Cooper will be a star, especially if he lands on a team with a great QB.

DT/NT Danny Shelton

WR Amari Cooper

1st Binky = David Irving DL

2nd Binky = Mitch Morse G

Irving is a freak but after Hernandez, I don't see him drafted by us. He sounds like a serious character risk. forcibly cut off his girlfriends hair and beat her on the legs. But, has limitless potential as a footballer.

I'm not sure I have one but my three favourite players in this draft that the Patriots have a chance at drafting are Tyler Lockett, Grady Jarrett and Troy Hill.

Throw in an NFL ready guard, an impact RB and a cover LB and I'm happy.

Oh man, David Irving. As and ISU grad the minute I saw him on the football field I told everyone he was NFL material. Big and strong with some speed and amazing athleticism. Was a difference maker when on the field. Made some dumb mistakes that forced the team to cut their best player. A friend of mine was the TA in the class when he was taken out after the stop sign incident and Irving just started crying. He has NFL talent and hopefully he got his head on straight.

Oh man, David Irving. As and ISU grad the minute I saw him on the football field I told everyone he was NFL material. Big and strong with some speed and amazing athleticism. Was a difference maker when on the field. Made some dumb mistakes that forced the team to cut their best player. A friend of mine was the TA in the class when he was taken out after the stop sign incident and Irving just started crying. He has NFL talent and hopefully he got his head on straight.

I'd love to know why a pretty serious-sounding domestic violence charge just vanished. He's a heck of a physical specimen, though.

I have a soft spot for Morse too. He doesn't fit the profile of the guards they've been looking at, though. :(

Another Morse fan here. His versatility is hard to look past. He's played C and both T spots so he should project well to G. Like most teams, we run a mixture of man and zone blocking, so he's at the very least suited for zone with his movement skills and intelligence. He's basically a day-3 Jake Fisher.

I'll just do favorite players at positions of need for the Pats in no particular order:

1. OG: Humphries, Fisher, Cann, Marpet, Sambrailo, Morse.
2. WR: DGB, Devin Smith, Dorsett, Agholor, Coates, McBride, Kenny Bell.
3. RB: Gurley, Abdullah, Coleman, Duke Johnson, Mike Davis, Artis-Payne, Josh Robinson.
4. DT: Armstead, Brown, Goldman, Jarrett, Bennett, Hardison.
5. CB: Peters, Jones, Collins, Darby, P.J. Williams, Shaw.
6. S: Collins, Sample, Prewitt, Geathers.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back