PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is Your ALDS MVP?

Without a doubt, MVP is Lester.. He was huge.. I'd give Bay 2nd and Paps 3rd

No doubt about it, in my mind it is Lester. If I had to choose a positional player it would be Jason Bay. I'm pretty happy for both guys and their recent success.

It's gotta be Lester with Bay coming in a VERY close 2nd. Hats off to the boys tonight!! Great team effort.

Lester. 2 masterful performances. 2 critical wins in this short division series. I also want to say that Bay has done a great job, as has Ellsbury.

you could go with either Lester or Bay

Just like everyone else I would go Lester and then Bay

Schilling without a doubt! :D

Lester by a thousand miles.The guy saved our butts in this series.Lets hope it continues and we get back the real playoff caliber pitcher in Josh Beckett.

Lester. He didn't give up an earned run. When you only need to win three games the way he pitched in two was huge.

Personally i give it to Varitek.

Not to pick on Weezy, because he wasn't the only one to say this, but did you even watch the game last night? I largely blame the 8th inning last night on him. Once masterson got 0-2 on Vlad he called for 3 straight balls, two of the "high that no one EVER swings at" variety (I cringe whenever I see Varitek stand up in his crouch). That walk to Vlad squarely falls on him. He also shares blame for the passed ball (if he's going to get credited for everything good that happens I'm going to blame him for he and the pitcher not being on the same page).

Then on the botched squeeze he doesn't throw the freaking ball (there is no reason for the tag to take place anywhere near a base in that scenario) and he drops the ball after the play, giving the umpire a chance to call the guy safe (if the ump calls him safe Varitek would be getting killed today).

I'm not saying Varitek should be getting grief for this the day after a big win. I'm saying that people should stop blindly praising him even when he screws up. Last night was not his finest hour.

Lester. Since the ALDS involves four teams and not just the Sox, I would say Tampa Bay's Shields would be 2nd.

Lester. He didn't give up an earned run. When you only need to win three games the way he pitched in two was huge.

Not to pick on Weezy, because he wasn't the only one to say this, but did you even watch the game last night? I largely blame the 8th inning last night on him. Once masterson got 0-2 on Vlad he called for 3 straight balls, two of the "high that no one EVER swings at" variety (I cringe whenever I see Varitek stand up in his crouch). That walk to Vlad squarely falls on him. He also shares blame for the passed ball (if he's going to get credited for everything good that happens I'm going to blame him for he and the pitcher not being on the same page).

Then on the botched squeeze he doesn't throw the freaking ball (there is no reason for the tag to take place anywhere near a base in that scenario) and he drops the ball after the play, giving the umpire a chance to call the guy safe (if the ump calls him safe Varitek would be getting killed today).

I'm not saying Varitek should be getting grief for this the day after a big win. I'm saying that people should stop blindly praising him even when he screws up. Last night was not his finest hour.

I think you have selective memory. I've seen a number of hitters in that series swinging at the high fastball. How is it a botched squeeze when (1) he tags the runner before the runner reaches third and (2) the runner is called out.
I don't blindly praise Varitek as I've criticised him in the past.
Bottom line, regardless of what you or some experts say, I want the veteran behind the plate calling the game. Jason also had a hit and scored one of the three runs. The Angels scored twice, does Veritek get any credit there or is that all on Lester?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back