PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is Your #1 Priority in This Draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Who is the guy you think the Paatriots HAVE to get?

David Harris, LB, Michigan. Not in the 1st round, but I think this guy is a Patriots player all around.

David Harris, LB, Michigan. Not in the 1st round, but I think this guy is a Patriots player all around.

LB is my top season priority, regardless of how much I stress the importance of a deep WR.

But I have a feeling that LB will be well addressed in free agency or in trades.

No doubt an LB or LBs will be taken in the draft - I'm just not sure they will be counted on for 2007 strategy

I dont know specific players but I think the top priority is LB (depending on what happens in free agency - whether they can get Thomas or somebody else comparable) or Cornerback.

Whoever the Patriots draft.

Having Na-Polian, still clouded by his SuperBowl fluke, draft someone who he thinks will be a stud but turns out to be a big bust and sets back the Colts franchise for years.

I wouldn't say I totally have one but I do like Patrick Wllis.i

If we come away with a playmaker on Defense and a Weapon for Brady... Im happy...

A defensive player who can start from day one and a WR for Brady. Thats all we're all asking for.

Inside linebacker and plenty of them.

Be it the draft or FA they need more team speed on defense especially at ILB and SS.

3 starters and 2 quality backups will be a awesome draft .

I am not high getting a WR as most are as last year it took the team a while a find 3 stable guys so i see them work on jabbar,reche a little more with troy/thomas/watson in the slot as our primary set.

which ofcourse means our second group kite,bam and cj will now get a chance to get intergrated into the the system this preseason and season.It is not possible to get in a rhythm with 5 new WR overnight, you do it in steps.so i see step 2 this season.

Last edited:
I love "The Poz". I think he has great heart and character and would be a big impact player. With that said, I would rather sign A. Thomas and Jarret Johnson. I think that is very possible and affordable.

I like Patrick Wllis as well but do want to see 2 new LB's next year

At least one of: Anthony Spencer, Patrick Willis, David Harris. Preferably two. And a DB with one of the first rounders.

I want a non-DL defensive player with one of the first rounders, and with the other as well, though if we go for an offensive player then I'd pick a RT.

Like most of us, I'm perennially hoping for linebackers--but realistically, FA looks like the place to restock at LB this year. Meanwhile safety and WR look like stronger positions in the draft. WR is always a huge gamble in round 1, looks good in 2-4. So in round 1 give me a knockout safety, or a corner only if a guy like Darrelle Revis slides to 24.

Over on the draft board, you'll also notice a growing fixation on RB/FB/HB Brian Leonard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down