Who is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
28 New England Patriots OLB - H.B. Blades 6-0, 240 - Pitt

I've been read quite a few Mock drafts and this is the first time i have seen his name any Ideas about him?

He's Bennie Blades son, a short ILB - I hope that was 28th in the 4th round, though, not 28th in the first round. Because he's an early day two pick.

He's Bennie Blades son, a short ILB - I hope that was 28th in the 4th round, though, not 28th in the first round. Because he's an early day two pick.

At the beginning of the year he was expected to be a first rounder. He didn't have a great season and fell. However, he seems to be climbing back up. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the second round.

At the beginning of the year he was expected to be a first rounder. He didn't have a great season and fell. However, he seems to be climbing back up. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the second round.
I'll believe that when I see it. A short, 2 down guy - if we take him before our round 3 pick I'll cry.

its not that he had a poor season..he just wont time well and hes short. Same like Buster DAvis was a first round pick easily but now a 2nd-3rd :\

size matters but hes a good football player..hits hard and hes a leader. id like him but like stated..not in round 1 because he isnt even a top 2 round grade

Short people have no reason, short poeple have no reason, short people have on reason to think they will be drafted in the first round.

Is that how the song goes?

I'll believe that when I see it. A short, 2 down guy - if we take him before our round 3 pick I'll cry.

No, no...I'm not suggesting we take him in the second round. I don't think we take him at all. But I think he'll go to somebody in the second.

Speaking of short LB . . . how much of a detriment is height vs. weight for us ? Thinking of Buster Davis, could he play for us as he has serious weight and bulk or is the height thing too much to overcome with the leverage it would give OL to control him ?

Speaking of short LB . . . how much of a detriment is height vs. weight for us ? Thinking of Buster Davis, could he play for us as he has serious weight and bulk or is the height thing too much to overcome with the leverage it would give OL to control him ?

I think the biggest shortcomings with the height is that

1) those guys typically have short arms, which hurts them when trying to avoid and shed blocks, and

2) those guys sometimes have problems seeing the play develop behind the line of scrimmage, as linemen screen their view of the play.

Dryheat is right, guys with short arms generally get swallowed up or controlled fairly easily. If they are allowed to roam, then they have the advantage of mobility.
Our ILBs are required to control and shed. Hard to do for the guys with short arms.

Short people have no reason, short poeple have no reason, short people have on reason to think they will be drafted in the first round.

Is that how the song goes?

That's true for just about any position except maybe CB.

I thought Blades was awesome for Pitt and I was a strong supporter of getting him on this team, but then I realized how short he is and wondered if he could even play at the pro level. Last I heard, he was more like 5'11". The Pats took a shot at Klecko's son, so lets leave this one to someone else and get a guy like Willis and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes