PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is this years Aldon Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The question is, has BB ever shown any inclination to draft a "stud pass rusher"? we keep kicking this can down the road, it just never gets picked up.
No and i don't expect it to happen this year either. If he didn't take one last year with as many choices as there were, then i doubt he does this year. Look for more DB's to be drafted.

Last edited:
The next Aldon Smith is a redshirt sophomore from LSU named Sam "Sonic" Montgomery. Montgomery is 6'4" and 245 pounds and runs an amazing 4.5 forty.

He is from Greenwood SC and he absolutely gets after QB's. SEC defensive lineman of the week in week 5.

As a redshirt sophomore he is raw, same as Smith last year. However his upside is huge.

He needs to get bigger and stronger to play OLB for us, and he also needs help with technique and playing against the run.

However make no mistake,he gets after QB's.

Bottom line he is ranked currently as a later first rounder and if we take him, he brings instant pass rush on third and long. But will need a year in our system before he comes a full time starter.

As Upshaw starts to climb draft boards everywhere, I think Montgomery is a viable alternative.

So OLB Montgomery and DE Cox in the first; SS Barron and FS Martin in the second and CB Prater would be a spectacular draft.

The next Aldon Smith is a redshirt sophomore from LSU named Sam "Sonic" Montgomery. Montgomery is 6'4" and 245 pounds and runs an amazing 4.5 forty.

He is from Greenwood SC and he absolutely gets after QB's. SEC defensive lineman of the week in week 5.

As a redshirt sophomore he is raw, same as Smith last year. However his upside is huge.

He needs to get bigger and stronger to play OLB for us, and he also needs help with technique and playing against the run.

However make no mistake,he gets after QB's.

Bottom line he is ranked currently as a later first rounder and if we take him, he brings instant pass rush on third and long. But will need a year in our system before he comes a full time starter.

As Upshaw starts to climb draft boards everywhere, I think Montgomery is a viable alternative.

So OLB Montgomery and DE Cox in the first; SS Barron and FS Martin in the second and CB Prater would be a spectacular draft.

He sounds like Mark Anderson or maybe Aaron Maybin. I've heard Cox isn't that strong against the run.

I'm thinking do all trade downs
come away with Barron, Casey Heyward/Leonard Johnson, Jarius Wright, McNutt, Jared Crick, maybe Aaron Curry, and a lineman or two and Brian Peters

He sounds like Mark Anderson or maybe Aaron Maybin. I've heard Cox isn't that strong against the run.

I'm thinking do all trade downs
come away with Barron, Casey Heyward/Leonard Johnson, Jarius Wright, McNutt, Jared Crick, maybe Aaron Curry, and a lineman or two and Brian Peters

This is what I'm thinking, too. Get the hell out of the 1st round this year. Last year was the year to move up and grab a stud. This is the year to move down and get several prospects in 2nd/3rd.

I like Melvin Ingram from south carolina.I hope the pats pick him up.Almost all their picks should be on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back