PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the worst QB left in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who is the worst QB left in the play-offs?

Did you guys forget that the Titans made the playoffs? Rivers is bad, but Vince Young is bottom 10 in the league (in a REAL bad time for the league QB-wise).

Tie between Young and Rivers.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Neither is a SB caliber QB right now (or possibly ever.)

What I've said for many years (clearing throat) is that if Randall Cunningham couldn't do it, forget about that whole style of running the tits off of your QB. Cunningham had the entire package, not 50% of it like Young and Vick, and even he couldn't get the job done.

Flutie was better than Vick or Young IMO. Flutie was an actual QB, not a RB with an arm.

If Cunningham couldn't do it, then I will continue to doubt all of these RBs with arms. You have to be a pocket passer at some point, and possess all of the mental attributes of a QB who can see the field well, make fast decisions, and show the good sense to throw the ball away, etc.

Manning is the the most suspect of the QB's because you never know what you're going to get from him other than a killer INT. ( see Pats game)

Rivers is fine as long as he has the running game going behind him and can play the 'manager' position. Thus, you have to rate him fairly well because virtually no one shuts down LT. (see last year's SD/NE playoff game)

Young is capable of making the big play at the big moment. Overall Young stinks, no argument; but his INTs and terrible throws seem to arrive at less damaging moments than those from Eli. If his team is close and it's crunch time, I'd take Young over Manning to get me in the end zone.

One interesting thing about this list is that I'm sure Jason Campbell would be the choice of many, maybe even myself, had he not been injured. Despite having a very limted track record many people trust Todd Collins. Doesn't say much for your franchise QB when he is out-played by a long time backup.

Ohhhhh, I forgot about Eli. I might have to revise. Eli is a very strong contender. If there ever was a "box of chocolates" QB, he's the guy.

Watching that game the other day, going into the 4th, I was exceedingly calm, knowing we would probably win. Granted, a lot of that has to do with Brady, but lets gets real, did any of us doubt for a moment that Eli wouldn't fold like a lawn chair and throw a costly pick? Like clockwork.

Rivers is 25-7 as a starting QB. A lot of teams would take those numbers.
You might want to take a lok at their runningback, some might think he's had alittle more to do with SD record than PR

I would definitely take Young over Rivers.

Rivers is terrible.

and with Rivers, you know they can't win big games, with Young, it is a possibility.

Vince Young.

Eli and Rivers are bad, but they can at least manage a game by handing it to their running backs and letting their defense win it. Young just sucks.

Ranking from best to worst
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Roethlisberger
4. Garrard
5. Young
6. Rivers

only AFC

You obviously have not been watching Eli very closely in his career because if you did you would know that late game play in his short career has been a strong point. He has 9 4th quarter comebacks thusfar. And hes had countless other games when hes led the Giants on a clutch drive late to tie the game only to have the defense give it up, including last years playoff game.

Basically if Eli sucks so much then you guys are in serious trouble, because he made your defense look foolish on Saturday, and if not for some calls going your way, you lose. (the calls are even a fact being admitted by a boston globe columnist today)

Ahhh life in fantasy land is good for you, huh?

As of right now, Young would get my vote as the worst over Rivers, with the nagging quad injury swaying my vote.
Completely healthy, Young can make things happen, but he's still an awful passer, so with the quad injury, I'd rather face the Titans than the Chargers.

Rivers is 25-7 as a starting QB. A lot of teams would take those numbers.

I'm guessing Young might have a better record if he could hand the ball off to LT. :)

Rivers too is my pick

It seems that's who would give the Patriots the toughest game. Considering A.J. Feeley, Kyle Boller and Eli Manning looked like All-Pros and gave the Pats the most trouble during the regular season, we should be more worried Phillip Rivers than the real Manning

Ben UselessCheeseburger is the worst left.. He's more accurate with a rice rocket than a rocket arm. The Steelers live by the run.. Not Ben.

Last edited:
It seems that's who would give the Patriots the toughest game. Considering A.J. Feeley, Kyle Boller and Eli Manning looked like All-Pros and gave the Pats the most trouble during the regular season, we should be more worried Phillip Rivers than the real Manning

Please bear in mind that the Patriots did not use a lot of extravagant defenses against the Eagles, Ravens and Giants. In fact, their defenses were pretty vanilla. Unlike earlier in the year where we regularly saw them moving around and such. Part of that is the loss of Colvin. Part of it was just the Pats didn't want to show much.

Ranked from worst to first:

12) Vince Young/Kerry Collins (9 passing TD's COMBINED!)

11) Todd Collins (playing well, but a career back up for a reason, no arm)

10) Eli Manning (sorry, he just sucks)

9) Phillip Rivers (his numbers are far better than Eli's, which means he just doesn't suck as much)

8) Jeff Garcia (this is where it begins to get better)

7) David Garrard

6) Matt Hasselbeck (bigger body of work than Garrard)

5) Brett Favre (could arguably go 3, 4, or 5)

4) Ben Rothlesburger (see above)

3) Tony Romo (has 1 TD and 5 Int's over last 3 games since injury)

2) Peyton Manning

1) Tom Brady

Last edited:
My vote is Vince Young..... Let's see how he does this week. He'll probably choke in the big game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back