• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ok so which analyst is the worst?

i absolutley hate MERRIL HE DESERVES TO DIE

No, its Irvin. I don't think he would have chosen one defensive player in the first round of the draft. Offense wins championships, everyone knows that. If we had a draft to choose just wide receivers, who do you think he would pick #1 (assuming he couldn't pick himself)?

Tom Jackson

Let me say this clearly - all the Patriots players HATE him!

Last edited:
how can there be 9 votes already, but 0 for Salisbury?? what the hell is going on

Choosing between Salisbury and Hodge is brutal, I chose Salisbury because he seems to be on more often.

Don;t think Jaws & Ditka deserved to be on the list they generally provide decent info.

I wouldn't have many nice things to say about anyone on that list.

but I have MAJOR ISSUES refering to Clayton as an "analyst" -- at least the other guys on that list have played the game -- played a sport period.

Last edited:
All of them.

Jaws is good, and Salisberry is ok, but not great, but when you put Mike Irvin on the list, it has to be him....

the taildragger said:
I wouldn't have many nice things to say about anyone on that list.

but I have MAJOR ISSUES refering to Clayton as an "analyst" -- at least the other guys on that list have played the game -- played a sport period.

This perticular argument never works for me. You dont have to play the game to make comments and analysis about the game.

JoeSixPat said:
Tom Jackson

Let me say THIS clearly - the Patriots' coach HATES him! ;)

Last edited:
i can't choose between Irvin and Hodge...damn good poll

When I read the title I immediately thought of Hoge, but I hadn't even considered the fact that Michael Irvin could be considered an "analyst." That guy is garbage.

#1 Irvin
#2 Hoge
#3 Salisbury

That Salisbury-Clayton bit they have during the season is brutal. Clayton needs to stick to reporting, he don't know sh*t about the game.

JJDChE said:
When I read the title I immediately thought of Hoge, but I hadn't even considered the fact that Michael Irvin could be considered an "analyst." That guy is garbage.

#1 Irvin
#2 Hoge
#3 Salisbury

That Salisbury-Clayton bit they have during the season is brutal. Clayton needs to stick to reporting, he don't know sh*t about the game.
see i always thought the salisbury-clayton bit is funny because they make salisbury out to be this HOF QB and he is so arrogant about being an athlete towards clayton. It's one of the few things they do that i enjoy watching becuase of its stupidity. Keep in mind i like stupid crap tho, such as tom green movies and things like that. That could explain this.

Although usually I avoid watching ESPN analysis, I was forced to watch it during the draft and must say that I was astonished that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was a complete and utter idiot, other than perhaps Steve Young and Suzy Kolber. Schlereth occasionally had interesting insight but mostly made an ass of himself, Salisbury doesn't deserve talking about, Tom Jackson said nothing smart, John Clayton used buzzwords instead of talking about anything real, Merrill Hodge was an idiot, Jaws would never shut up and Michael Irvin was...well, he was Michael Irvin.

The most interesting insight of the day was from...drumroll please...THE GUEST PLAYERS. Trent Green, William Henderson, Torry Holt and Shawne Merriman are had excellent insight into the draft and into the game. Their segments were EASILY the most interesting part of the draft because they talked about things that are important, not Reggie Bush.

Sorry, I've had that on my chest for a while. :rocker:

drpatriot said:
Although usually I avoid watching ESPN analysis, I was forced to watch it during the draft and must say that I was astonished that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was a complete and utter idiot, other than perhaps Steve Young and Suzy Kolber. Schlereth occasionally had interesting insight but mostly made an ass of himself, Salisbury doesn't deserve talking about, Tom Jackson said nothing smart, John Clayton used buzzwords instead of talking about anything real, Merrill Hodge was an idiot, Jaws would never shut up and Michael Irvin was...well, he was Michael Irvin.

The most interesting insight of the day was from...drumroll please...THE GUEST PLAYERS. Trent Green, William Henderson, Torry Holt and Shawne Merriman are had excellent insight into the draft and into the game. Their segments were EASILY the most interesting part of the draft because they talked about things that are important, not Reggie Bush.

Sorry, I've had that on my chest for a while. :rocker:
I am not sure exactly when who are where. But i believe it was Cory Chaveous? on the NFL network?. If that's who it was i thought he did a great job and it was way more than what i was expecting.

I voted Ditka but the only one I can stand on that channel is Berman.

JoeSixPat said:
Tom Jackson

LOL. I like Jackson but I do wish he hadn't made a jackass out of himself. Trouble with the former players is that they always show a bias for their former team.

Hoodie said:
LOL. I like Jackson but I do wish he hadn't made a jackass out of himself. Trouble with the former players is that they always show a bias for their former team.
Except former Boston/New England players they always try to distance themselves from our teams because the media bias is so against us.So in order to survive they trash us at every opportunity.

yeah i didn't think Berman deserves to be up there with those imbeciles.
they all have their own separate problems that make them suck....

Salisbury talks in extremes too much
Irvin touches people too much and laughs uncontrollably at things that aren't even close to funny
Merril Hodge is just an imbecile
Jaws will be talking and all of a sudden he will take one word out of his sentence and emphasize it strangely. Kind of hard to explain but watch him and you'll pick up on it. He'll make this face where it looks like he probably has to crap. And his voice will drop a little, usually when he says the word "tough".
John Clayton is always speculating and can't even manage to make Salisbury look bad. As if Sean needed any help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back