PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the team to fear? The AFC West says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver? This year?

Ha!

First, they have no pass rush.

Their linebacking corps is anchored by a middle linebacker who is (painfully) playing out of position.

Because there is insufficient heat being generated up front, the defensive backs look (painfully) mortal, getting burned at regular intervals by a wide variety of quarterbacks.

Jim Bates is a fine DC, but reportedly, a number of players on the team, even at this late date, are having difficulties with it (his defensive schemes).

On the other side of the ball, they looked good against a thoroughly inept Tennessee defense that hardly evoked the '85 Bears. If Cutler has time to throw, he has the potential to burn you, but it looks like this year's playbook is the same as last year's dumbed-down version that was such a hit with Jake the Snake. Selvin Young, one of the last remaining runnings backs to still be standing on that team, is hurt. And Mike Shanahan's marvelous time-out management has inspired the entire Front Range.

Special teams? As they have been since time immemorial on this team, they come across as an after-thought, which they probably are. Sauerbrun can still punt, but invariably out-kicks the coverage, thereby negating a substantial amount of whatever edge the guy brings to the game.

The lone exception is Elam (Jason, not Jack!), without whom they'd have been left for dead after week 6.

This is not a playoff-quality team, but sure, I'd love to see the Pats paste...er, play them. But like others have said, they probably won't make it out of the wild card bracket, if indeed they qualify in the first place. (Their schedule, however, is very soft the rest of the way, so...)

So you can put that one to rest....

Is that an excuse I hear? It couldn't be. Not from a Colts fan.

Have you watched your pathetic team struggle over the last two weeks?

You know, if you had a point, I would respect you, but you always have to throw in the snarky comment at the end. So, bugger off jerk.

No excuse. We don't like using the excuses the Pats fans use about losing the AFCCG. You gotta play with who you got but it certainly wasn't our "best effort" by any means.

Why yes, yes I have watched us struggle. And your point?

In thinking about who might be able to stop the Patriots, to me there is only one team. The Steelers was a silly suggestion. The Colts proved that it would take their best day on our worst to get close.

But I have a question. Does a suddenly resurgent Denver team scare you? This is a team that has typically had our number year after year. We have a completely different team now than the last few times we played them, but I'm curious as to your thoughts?
Like there is any one team that scares me after what I've seen thus far. That being said, I would absolutely love to see Denver come to Gillette for a good old-fashioned ass kickin'!

Uh . . . hm . . . ok. So playing without 5 starters would represent our best day? Playing on your worst day? And it was still close. I see. Have you watched football longer than 30 minutes?

Have you seen how horrible your team has looked since they played us. Oh yeah, that's right.....you guys are dealing with injuries.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looking into my crystal bong, er...ball, I see the AFC PO teams in this order:
NEP
dolts
Stillers
donkeys
Jagwires
Browns

Can Jax go to Denver and defeat the donkeys there, twice in one season? I don't see it happening, though I would love it if it did. Therefore, I see the donkeys coming to Foxborough and receiving the *****-whooping that that franchise so richly deserves. I want r-r-r-revenge! for all those bitter losses, from last year to 2005 (twice) to 2002, 2001...11 straight losses from 1984 through 1998...1979...the only teams with better records against us are SF, Dallas and Washington.

Welcome to the Razor, Pruneface. Now bend over and get some.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back