PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is 'the real Randy Moss?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
A somewhat lengthy article about Moss, from his high school days to present, by Erik Scalavino on patriots.com:

Faulk says Moss, a notoriously vocal character, leads by example, for the most part – a sentiment echoed several other Patriots.

"He's an easy guy to learn from,” said Patriots jack-of-all-trades Ray Ventrone. “Number one, how he approaches every week. His preparation, how he studies film, how he studies his opponents. Obviously, his ability is far superior to anyone in this locker room.

I mean, he's an incredible athlete. When you're watching someone like that, it's easy to learn from them. It's not easy to duplicate, but it definitely helps in the learning process.”

There's a lot of information on his days before becoming a Patriot, and finishes up with the charitable work he does outside of the public eye. There's no sit-down interview with Moss, but Kevin Faulk, Ray Ventrone, Chris Hanson and Jonathan Wilhite talk about Randy.

continue reading ...

Scalavino was a nice replacement for AliceLovesBrady.

There's a lot of information on his days before becoming a Patriot, and finishes up with the charitable work he does outside of the public eye. There's no sit-down interview with Moss, but Kevin Faulk, Ray Ventrone, Chris Hanson and Jonathan Wilhite talk about Randy.

They didn't need to interview Moss, it's a much better article without him. Interviews with the coaches who went out on big limbs and who put their reputations on the line to help him speak more about him than Moss could.

Great read, have a whole new respect for him after that. Looked like a problem kid but I find it hard to believe that others wouldn't have done what he did in high school to protect a loved one nor done something stupid to cost them dearly only to learn a valuable lesson from it.

And about his charitable work- Holtz and coach Pruit put it best. Moss puts the work first and foremost even if it means he does it anonymously...considering their past actions painting him badly not wanting that bad influence there makes sense.

;)

That's not saying much, but I agree.
True, a fresh turd would have been an improvement, but I do appreciate Erik's effort to be informative (I don't listen to any of the online "broadcast" stuff they do so I can't speak to that part of the process, but the written word has gotten much better).

Great stuff, thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back