PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the patriots deep threat this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a such thing as a deep threat in the NFL anymore?

Just asking ...

DB's just as fast as WR's and pass rushers more athletic overall than ever IMO.

We don't have a deep threat ... perhaps we have sets where several players go deep to achieve space now.

Last edited:
Is there a such thing as a deep threat in the NFL anymore?

Just asking ...

DB's just as fast as WR's and pass rushers more athletic overall than ever IMO.

We don't have a deep threat ... perhaps we have sets where several players go deep to achieve space now.

Mike Wallace- WR, Steelers. YPC is something from the early 80s.

The Pats Deep threat in 2011 may be waiting for the trade that will bring him here. Arizona is still in need of a future at QB and the Pats pick up a QB that can only be for a trade investment, so maby Mallett and our 1st for Larry Fitzgerrald IF he renegociates a long term deal. Arizona gets nothing for him after the season and we could avoid a bidding war next year by strikeing now. So technickly he costs us a 1st and 3rd.

Tate was not a rookie last year.

If you want to get technical about it he had a 'redshirt' first year. But since he played 0 games before 2010 that makes him a rookie to me.

If you want to get technical about it he had a 'redshirt' first year. But since he played 0 games before 2010 that makes him a rookie to me.

Not to nitpick, but he actually played in 2009 vs the Bucs. He ran a deep play that Brady almost hit him on for a TD.

However, I like the kid and think people are WAY too down on a guy who didn't play most of his senior year at NC and had severly limited play in his first year.

Last year he showed flashes, hopefully this year he will make the 3rd Year WR Jump I always read about.

Tate played in 2 games and started 1 in 2009. The fact that he came off PUP and immediately supplanted Aiken in that Tampa Bay game suggests to me he had made some pretty good progress.

I think we have something in price. Lets see how well him and Tate develop this year.

This. I don't think people put enough clout into the progress of the existing players. The biggest step most players make is from year one to year two, but then there's players like Samuel who took 4 years to peak. BB knows his team better then anyone and he chose to go on with Price and Tate. Let's take his word for it. We don't need a 1st round pick at every position.

Tate was off PUP for what, 3 weeks, before going on IR? He can't practice with the team when he's on PUP or IR, so there wasn't a whole lot of actual practice going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back